Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: So they are listening on Castillo as well?

Re: So they are listening on Castillo as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The Reds should listen to any team about any player and if an incredible offer is made, you make that deal.

As much as I don't want to see Castillo leave, you have to make a deal if another team makes a stupid good offer.
    Does anyone think the Reds would recognize a stupid good offer?

2. Likes:

REDREAD (12-22-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Just spitballing. Say everyone that is being speculated about is traded. What’s the outcome. These are basic frameworks. Could be more or less.

Suarez to Wash for Kieboom and Robles

Gray to SD for Gore and Weathers

Castillo to MN for Lewis or Buxton

Or

Castillo and Barnhart to NYY for Frazier Sanchez and a couple lotto tickets.

There might be more or less moving around in the trades. But I’m not seeing the downside there. Take the extra money. Throw it at Bauer. Solidify the pen. Maybe add a number 3 starter. Could open up trades of Winker and Senzel.

Rotation in theory

Bauer
    Antone
    Lorenzen
    Miley
    Hoffman

(Likely there would be a FA or two in there). Gore, Weathers, Lodolo and to a lesser extent next year Greene in the wings. I’ll take that.)

Potential lineup with twins deal

C Stephenson
    1b Votto
    2b Senzel
    SS Kieboom
    3b Moose
    Rf Buxton
    CF Robles
    LF Castellanos

If Castillo to Yankees

C Stephenson/Sanchez
    1b Votto
    2b Senzel
    SS Kieboom
    3b Moose
    RF Castellanos
    CF Robles
    LF Winker/Frazier

I have seen worse teams than this. Plus the Reds would have a ton a monetary room to spare once things are back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Messenger. It’s not plural. There is one messenger. Heyman.
    ec. 4: According to MLB Network insider Joel Sherman in an article for the New York Post, the Reds are “working hard” to trade right-hander Sonny Gray.

Fellow MLB Network insider Ken Rosenthal reported for The Athletic (subscription required) last month that the Reds were open to moving Gray, but it wasn’t clear at that point if they were actively shopping him or simply gauging the market.

With the Reds likely to lose Trevor Bauer via free agency, it’s surprising that Gray is on the block. The 31-year-old is signed to a relatively inexpensive deal that will pay him $20 million over 2021-22, and he has posted a 3.07 ERA with a 10.8 K/9 rate in two seasons with Cincinnati.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (12-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CesarGeronimo View Post
    ec. 4: According to MLB Network insider Joel Sherman in an article for the New York Post, the Reds are “working hard” to trade right-hander Sonny Gray.

Fellow MLB Network insider Ken Rosenthal reported for The Athletic (subscription required) last month that the Reds were open to moving Gray, but it wasn’t clear at that point if they were actively shopping him or simply gauging the market.

With the Reds likely to lose Trevor Bauer via free agency, it’s surprising that Gray is on the block. The 31-year-old is signed to a relatively inexpensive deal that will pay him $20 million over 2021-22, and he has posted a 3.07 ERA with a 10.8 K/9 rate in two seasons with Cincinnati.
    And those are from weeks ago
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Moving the goalposts, you are.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

9. Likes:

REDREAD (12-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Just spitballing. Say everyone that is being speculated about is traded. What’s the outcome. These are basic frameworks. Could be more or less.

Or

There might be more or less moving around in the trades. But I’m not seeing the downside there. Take the extra money. Throw it at Bauer. Solidify the pen. Maybe add a number 3 starter. Could open up trades of Winker and Senzel.

Rotation in theory

Bauer
    Antone
    Lorenzen
    Miley
    Hoffman

(Likely there would be a FA or two in there). Gore, Weathers, Lodolo and to a lesser extent next year Greene in the wings. I’ll take that.)

C Stephenson
    1b Votto
    2b Senzel
    SS Kieboom
    3b Moose
    Rf Buxton
    CF Robles
    LF Castellanos

If Castillo to Yankees

C Stephenson/Sanchez
    1b Votto
    2b Senzel
    SS Kieboom
    3b Moose
    RF Castellanos
    CF Robles
    LF Winker/Frazier

I have seen worse teams than this. Plus the Reds would have a ton a monetary room to spare once things are back to normal.
    Castillo to MN would require Kiriloff plus, anything less, would be uncivilized.

11. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-21-2020)

Or

Rotation in theory

Bauer
    Antone
    Lorenzen
    Miley
    Hoffman

C Stephenson
    1b Votto
    2b Senzel
    SS Kieboom
    3b Moose
    Rf Buxton
    CF Robles
    LF Castellanos

If Castillo to Yankees

C Stephenson/Sanchez
    1b Votto
    2b Senzel
    SS Kieboom
    3b Moose
    RF Castellanos
    CF Robles
    LF Winker/Frazier

That Castillo trade is going to need a lot more coming back. A LOT more. He's one of the top ten most valuable players in the game. About the only prospect that's going to be able to fetch him by himself is Wander Franco.

If we're going nothing but prospects back they're giving us Lewis/Kiriloff/Larnach. That's the price for a cheap three years of ace pitching.

13. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-21-2020),HammerTime (12-21-2020),Old school 1983 (12-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    That Castillo trade is going to need a lot more coming back. A LOT more. He's one of the top ten most valuable players in the game. About the only prospect that's going to be able to fetch him by himself is Wander Franco.

If we're going nothing but prospects back they're giving us Lewis/Kiriloff/Larnach. That's the price for a cheap three years of ace pitching.
    His price will be and should be astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Castillo to MN would require Kiriloff plus, anything less, would be uncivilized.
    That’s cool with me. I was just trying to put basic frameworks for deals together to show that it might not be the end of the world of some or all of these guys are moved. I think the expectations for the last round of trades around 14-16 were too high considering the talent level and years of control remaining for guys that were shipped out. I don’t add Chapman into this because I feel that deal was forced. Even then, it appears that Eric Jagielo forgot how to hit. He had put up similar numbers to Aaron Judge in the minors the season prior on the same team I believe, and projection systems had him at 20+ homers at the MLB level for the season following the acquisition. Rookie Davis also got hurt and disappeared. (Not saying the return was good. It was light for sure. In hindsight a giveaway, but, at the time it could have been viewed as okish without crazy squinting. But when you settle for okish for top end talent, it has the potential for serious catastrophe...which we had here.). But back to the point. These guys can fetch legit high end prospect and likely MLB ready talent. As much as it hurts, that is the way you acquire top end cheap talent via trade. I think the Reds are in a solid place to deal. They don’t have to deal any of these guys. If they get lowballed, tell the other team to pound sand. The deal that I proposed in the trade I liked the most is the Suarez deal. That instantly improves the team defense and athleticism up the middle, and I’d be willing to bet the Reds get more WAR from those guys from go than the Nats do from Suarez.

MLBTR chat host opined that Castillo’s unlikely traded. But if he were traded, Reds would probably require team to take another contract.

So you only get Castillo for prospects AND you must also take Castellanos or Moose and pay the full freight.

Certainly would clear the payroll and allow for some additions.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-21-2020 at 11:20 AM.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (12-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post

I was just spitballing basic frameworks. I totally understand some returns might be lite. I agree with you. The Reds should try for more for Castillo. I’d be down for your proposal.

19. Likes:

podgejeff_ (12-21-2020)

Any proposed Castillo trade, assuming it's not some blockbuster for another megastar, would immediately give us a stacked farm, and that's assuming we ONLY trade Castillo. Assuming the Reds didn't mess it up. He's the kind of guy who should bring back a top ten guy, another top 50 guy, and a top 100 guy.

And more than likely those guys are probably not too far off from the majors. My proposed trade with the Twins bringing back Lewis/Kiriloff/Larnach would immediately make Winker/Castellanos tradeable commodities, as Kiriloff and Larnach could conceivably take over the corner OF spots. Cast would only provide more salary savings but Winker would bring back value. And Lewis would make Garcia redundant.

21. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (12-21-2020),Old school 1983 (12-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    MLBTR chat host opined that Castillo’s unlikely traded. But if he were traded, Reds would probably require team to take another contract.

So you only get Castillo for prospects AND you must also take Castellanos or Moose and pay the full freight.

Certainly would clear the payroll and allow for some additions.
    If that’s the case, that’s really bad news.

Something like Castillo and Castellanos for Clint Frazier and Deivi Garcia would be interesting.

Castillo is a guy you could get teams into bidding war over.

If that’s the case, that’s really bad news.
    Ugh.

I mean we only handed out those contracts a year ago and both declined in value. It would be really stupid to move on from them now at the expense of Castillo's value.

I'm going to take comfort in the fact that this is all academic and I don't think the Reds are even this stupid.

25. Likes:

HammerTime (12-21-2020)

Turn Off Ads?