Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobs words after purchasing the Reds. still hasnt done it, will we ever see it?

Bobs words after purchasing the Reds. still hasnt done it, will we ever see it?

Dear Cincinnati Reds Fans,

We are proud to be the new owners of America’s first professional baseball team, the Cincinnati Reds.

We’re long-time baseball fans who have grown up with the Reds and have fond memories of going to the ballpark. In our lifetime, we faithfully cheered on the Reds through three World Series championships, six National League championships and eight division titles.

We know this team truly belongs to you, and we understand what the Reds mean to our city and our region. We know what a winning team can do for a city’s pride. We also understand the unique legacy the Reds hold in baseball history and the potential to reignite an American love affair with the nation’s first professional baseball team.

It is with a sense of both responsibility and respect that we pledge to Reds fans:
    • We will bring championship baseball to Cincinnati. The Reds have a long tradition of success. Only three cities have won more World Series than Cincinnati. We will work hard to be a championship team again.
    • We will build one of the most respected organizations in baseball. As partners in other successful baseball organizations we know how it’s done. We will build a winning management team by putting the right people in the right positions with the right resources to win. We will foster a winning attitude and culture.
    • We will have a greater community presence. We will continue to improve the lives of area children by building on already successful Reds Community Fund programs like the Rookie Success League. Whether it’s providing a way for inner-city children to play baseball or generating funds for charity, we’ll take this outreach to a new level.
    • We will rekindle the Reds Nation spirit. We’ll share our story and our strategy, communicating directly with fans everywhere who want to know what is going on. When you visit the ballpark, we’ll periodically be asking for your feedback so we can continuously improve the experience. Our goal is that you feel a part of the Reds Nation whether you’re at the game, listening on the radio or living in another major league city.
    • We will not rest until you are happy. The Reds are, after all, your team. You buy the tickets. You watch the games. You support us financially and emotionally. Without you, the Reds cannot be great. We know you won’t be happy until the team wins. We won’t be happy, either.
    Bringing championship baseball to Cincinnati is the ultimate goal. Like you we believe in the power, potential and magic of the Cincinnati Reds. We will work tirelessly to bring a winner home to you.

We thank you for this opportunity and hope to earn your support.

Robert H. Castellini
    Chief Executive Officer W. Joseph Williams, Jr.
    Chairman of the Board Thomas Williams
    Vice-Chairman of the Board

2. Likes:

REDREAD (12-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: Bobs words after purchasing the Reds. still hasnt done it, will we ever see it?

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Re: Bobs words after purchasing the Reds. still hasnt done it, will we ever see it?

He Johnny Bravo'ed us

6. Likes:

malcontent (12-21-2020),Powel Crosley (12-22-2020),redsfanmia (12-21-2020)

In all fairness, he did bring championship baseball to Cincinnati many seasons. For instance, in 2019, the Nationals played at GAB.

8. Likes:

Jim (12-23-2020),MR X (12-22-2020)

under his aegis they acquired jankowski what more do you want

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    under his aegis they acquired jankowski what more do you want
    However, his endeavors have been greatly helpful in furthering your loquacious approach to the cataloging of obscure Reds. For that we are grateful, for alas even Harry Bright had his supporters as shall Bob

11. Likes:

Bruce Berenyi (12-21-2020)

The Reds have achieved everything except the last point that he promised.

1. Championship baseball. Two division championships, in 2010 and 2012, just a few years after he bought the team.
    2. Up until 2015, the Reds were one of the most respected and winning organizations. He brought in Dusty Baker and Walt Jocketty, two of the most respected and winningest managers and GM’s in the game.
    3. Absolutely greater community presence. No debate on this.
    4. Greatly improved the ballpark experience. No debate on this.
    5. They stopped in 2015 when they hired the other’s owner’s kid to run the team, slashed payroll and tanked for many years. This is the only point where he failed to keep his promise.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Championship baseball means world series titles, he has failed at that.
    Go Gators!

14. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-23-2020),joshua (12-22-2020),Kinsm (12-22-2020),MR X (12-22-2020),REDREAD (12-24-2020),reds77 (12-22-2020),Roy Tucker (12-22-2020),Tuff Nut (12-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

1. Championship baseball. Two division championships, in 2010 and 2012, just a few years after he bought the team.
    2. Up until 2015, the Reds were one of the most respected and winning organizations. He brought in Dusty Baker and Walt Jocketty, two of the most respected and winningest managers and GM’s in the game.
    3. Absolutely greater community presence. No debate on this.
    4. Greatly improved the ballpark experience. No debate on this.
    5. They stopped in 2015 when they hired the other’s owner’s kid to run the team, slashed payroll and tanked for many years. This is the only point where he failed to keep his promise.
    2 division championships and 3 winning seasons+2020 two games over .500. To whoever that kind of resume satisfies, I never want to hear a bad word about Marge Schott out of you again since her resume comes with a World Series championship, 2 division championships(plus 1994 when we lead our division when the season was cancelled) plus many more winning seasons and 3 post season series wins.

16. Likes:

joshua (12-22-2020),REDREAD (12-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    2 division championships and 3 winning seasons+2020 two games over .500. To whoever that kind of resume satisfies, I never want to hear a bad word about Marge Schott out of you again since her resume comes with a World Series championship, 2 division championships(plus 1994 when we lead our division when the season was cancelled) plus many more winning seasons and 3 post season series wins.
    I can still say many bad words about Marge Schott, and will continue to do so, and at the same time acknowledge that she was committed to winning.

18. Likes:

Chip R (12-23-2020),marcshoe (12-21-2020),Revering4Blue (12-22-2020)

Harry Bright nice job west of you,, he was koufax last strikeout in the world series victory

I knew you could do i t, Harry Spilman is happy

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Championship baseball means world series titles, he has failed at that.
    Maybe that’s what he meant, but championship baseball means winning titles to me.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed in this ownership group, but I don’t see this letter as embarrassing as others do.

I can still say many bad words about Marge Schott, and will continue to do so, and at the same time acknowledge that she was committed to winning.
    Fair enough. But please add that she was much more successful at it than BC. And during a period of time when there was only 2 then 4 playoff teams per league.

22. Likes:

MR X (12-22-2020),REDREAD (12-24-2020)

Wow.

None of those things happened.

Ha, not even one.

Well, maybe the last one if they took all that new TV revenue, purchased a yacht, and named it "You Are Happy".
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

24. Likes:

REDREAD (12-24-2020)

Not including 2020 (that's not baseball IMHO), the Reds have had 11 losing seasons in 14 under his ownership, their 3 winning seasons they got trounced in the playoffs, most of their losing seasons they were done by June....that's not championship baseball.

26. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-23-2020),onehand (12-22-2020),REDREAD (12-24-2020)

Turn Off Ads?