Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Pacers did great in this deal.
    I totally trust Kevin Pritchard. His only boo boo was selecting Leaf instead of Anunoby, Collins and others in ‘17. But many pundits projected Leaf to be off the board by the end of that draft’s lottery.

Lamb should be back soon. Should LeVert acclimate seamlessly, and the team can remain relatively healthy until Warren returns, there’s no team in the East in which one can claim that the Pacers have little to zero chance to defeat in the playoffs regardless of seeding.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-13-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Really like the Pacers' wings. Holiday and LeVert can tag-team the backup PG spot too.

There's not a weakness there.

That said, in a playoff series, where does their top dog rank among the best players? They can maybe Miami a team to death, but they need a Jimm-ah once the cheese gets binding.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I suspect Durant's going to feel like Moe trying to keep Larry and Curly in line.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Last four games, AD has shot almost 70% from the floor.

At the half tonight, he's 7 - 10.

Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Crazy.
    He's reaching new levels. He's been playing hurt for years. He's definitely healthier than he's been in years as LeBron takes so much pressure off of him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The LeBron-to-A.D. Assist is more lethal than the Magic-to-Kareem or Magic-to-Worthy.

Crazy.
    Not sure if everyone has noticed, but the torch is clearly in the process of being passed in regards to within the Lakers....both on the court and off the court. The reports are AD is the more vocal leader this year, and I noticed Lebron has referred to AD as "our Captain" a few times recently.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-14-2021)

I think my 3 least favorite NBA stars are Durant, Kyrie and Harden.....it will be fascinating to see if Nash can make this work.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Did not watch the game, but looks like Nickeil Alexander-Walker started for the Pels tonight and went off. 37 Points and 8 Rebounds in 33 Minutes.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

More history for Dame:

1st player in NBA history to score 40+ get 13+ Assists without committing a Turnover. Significant because he had seven of them on Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Did not watch the game, but looks like Nickeil Alexander-Walker started for the Pels tonight and went off. 37 Points and 8 Rebounds in 33 Minutes.
    Yeah, I was looking forward to the results when it was announced he would start.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-14-2021),Stray (01-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Not sure if everyone has noticed, but the torch is clearly in the process of being passed in regards to within the Lakers....both on the court and off the court. The reports are AD is the more vocal leader this year, and I noticed Lebron has referred to AD as "our Captain" a few times recently.
    I passed that torch at the beginning of the 2018-19 season. The "within" part is significant, as you say.

With that long layoff, i wonder if there was really two seasons, not three...the 2018 (late October) - 2020 (early March) season, and the 2020 (August) - 2021 (late June) season.

Really like the Pacers' wings. Holiday and LeVert can tag-team the backup PG spot too.

There's not a weakness there.

That said, in a playoff series, where does their top dog rank among the best players? They can maybe Miami a team to death, but they need a Jimm-ah once the cheese gets binding.
    There was a discussion on NBA TV following the conclusion of the Pacers/Warriors game about this very subject. Given this discussion took place before today's multi-team blockbuster deal took place, the consensus was that the Pacers have multiple All Star level players , but no true superstar, as they were including Oladipo. And if one of their all stars takes the next step and goes nuclear (see Jamal Murray during last season's playoffs) and/or an additional Pacer who is knocking on the door of All Star level - In this case, LeVert or Warren - steps up to complement their two All Stars, Sabonis and Brogdan, they'll have a reasonably good chance against anyone in the East, especially with more performances from Turner that mirror his game against the Warriors.

The hope is that LeVert - both as a facilitator or in usenin a pick-and-roll situation - will help to take the pressure off of Sabonis and Brogdan, who are currently playing an unsustainable amount of minutes, as well as placing the shooters (Brogdan, Turner, Justin Holiday, McBuckets et all) in a better position to knock down shots, thereby allowing more space for Sabonis to operate.

Multiple 'ifs' for the Pacers moving forward? Yes. But every team in the East, including prohibitive favorites Milwaukee (IMHO, still the team to beat in the East) and Brooklyn, has them. And I truly believe that Boston, with all of their injuries, given god health, is also getting overlooked here.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

17. Likes:

M2 (01-14-2021)

Kyrie isn't good enough to be worth this hassle. Not even close.

Not to say he isn't very good because he is, but very good players get replaced all the time in this league.

While some may disagree with this take, given that I consider the 76ers as Team 1A in my rooting fandom - though I try to consider myself a thorough fan of NBA hoops - I'm breathing a sigh of relief that Simmons and Maxey are still Sixers.

If there are other creative ways to improve the team, Morey will assuredly do so should the opportunity present itself. After all, who would have expected him to unload Horford's contract so easily without long term repercussions. That was pure alchemy.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-14-2021 at 01:29 AM.

20. Likes:

M2 (01-14-2021)

Turn Off Ads?