Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    As long as there aren't any season-ending injuries to Nurk, Dame and C.J., the goal is still the NBA Finals, a goal expected to be reached and realistic.
    *Snort*

The Blazer are #6 in the West.

2. Likes:

M2 (01-19-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    The Rockets are - ironically enough - a Clint Capella (or a play-alike for the second unit) away from being a VERY dangerous team.
    Nah. Wood is that guy-- with a jumper to boot.

They need the old give-a-crap PJ Tucker or a reasonable facsimile.

Nemanja Bjelica is getting no playing time with Sacramento. He's be a nice "get" and almost assuredly wouldn't cost much of anything. He's like the rest of the Kings (doesn't play defense and hasn't met a shot he didn't want to take), but perhaps Houston's Wall can set him up nicely. Or they could just let Rodions Kurucs play the spot and deal with the learning curve.

The guy they really need is Otto Porter, but that salary. Woof.

As far as Covington goes, he's everything I said he'd be for us. We are still in training camp as far as he and DJJ goes. Same can be said about Hood. The whole team is playing together for the first time, whatever five guys you put on the floor. It's still training camp, and with the injuries to Zach, Nurk and C.J., the training camp (hard to get any practices in over the next two months) is going to take another two months for those here now and three months as C.J. and Nurk are brought back.

It's a long season and it will take all of it to blend everything together to get ready for the playoffs.
    You said Covington's offensive game would be unlocked. He's averaging 6.6 PPG with an O-rating of 89.
    Last edited by M2; 01-19-2021 at 10:02 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Nah. Wood is that guy-- with a jumper to boot.

They need the old give-a-crap PJ Tucker or a reasonable facsimile.

Nemanja Bjelica is getting no playing time with Sacramento. He's be a nice "get" and almost assuredly wouldn't cost much of anything. He's like the rest of the Kings (doesn't play defense and hasn't met a shot he didn't want to take), but perhaps Houston's Wall can set him up nicely. Or they could just let Rodions Kurucs play the spot and deal with the learning curve.

The guy they really need is Otto Porter, but that salary. Woof.
    No doubt about Wood. But a defensive-minded big - not necessarily a true center - to anchor the second unit would do wonders. Thus, Clint Capella-lite for the second unit, who could also play next to Wood at times.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

By standing around watching, I'm talking about neither making an attempt to get back to stop another team from fast-breaking or by getting the 5-6 rebounds per game that are available to every Guard in this league. It's not system.
    If Trent starts yanking down 5+ rebounds a game, that will be one more time than Dame or CJ have ever done it.

Don't know why you hate Hood so much always referring to him as the player he was in CLE and UTA, but he was never that person in POR. He's not played as a bench player while he's been here, nor will he in the future.
    Bench player is exactly how Stotts played him in 2018[19. Only four starts and 24 mpg in 27 games, 0 starts and 23 mpg in 16 playoff games. They gave him a starting role last season and that turned out to be a really bad idea. The team went 8-13 with Hood starting before he got injured. If/when he makes it back from the Achilles, bench player is what he'll be again. He's not back offensively. He been awful offensively. Feel free to review his numbers, they are comprehensively lousy. Stotts hasn't been playing him much. That might creep up over time, but Trent is firmly ahead of him in the rotation.

NBA followers all around the planet still can't figure out why the Blazers didn't get a legit backup PG. You can keep pimping Simons, but the team gets annihilated when he's on the court. Little's an afterthought of a player that you tried to pretend was going to be an instant contributor.
    Last edited by M2; 01-19-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    *Snort*

The Blazer are #6 in the West.
    Charles Barkley's even ready to jump that ship. They're like the 18th-best team in the NBA (according to SRS and Net Rating) and now they're banged up.

Adam silver is a hoot. One month ago, Silver is insisting that NBA players won't cut in line for Covid-19 vaccine. Now, after numerous cancelled games and teams having to play short-handed, Silver is discussing having the players vaccinated as a PSA. LOL. Trust me, baldy, there is plenty of demand for that vaccine as is. Some folks have absolutely no shame whatsoever.

10. Likes:

adkindo (01-19-2021),Rojo Rijo (01-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Adam silver is a hoot. One month ago, Silver is insisting that NBA players won't cut in line for Covid-19 vaccine. Now, after numerous cancelled games and teams having to play short-handed, Silver is discussing having the players vaccinated as a PSA. LOL. Trust me, baldy, there is plenty of demand for that vaccine as is. Some folks have absolutely no shame whatsoever.
    It is self-interested, but there's some embedded hesitance to the vaccine in minority communities. NBA players publicly getting the vaccine could have a significant effect. Of all professional sports, the NBA and NASCAR strike me as the two that could win over vaccine skeptics. Though obviously that's not why they want to jump the line.

12. Likes:

Puffy (01-20-2021),Revering4Blue (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It is self-interested, but there's some embedded hesitance to the vaccine in minority communities. NBA players publicly getting the vaccine could have a significant effect. Of all professional sports, the NBA and NASCAR strike me as the two that could win over vaccine skeptics. Though obviously that's not why they want to jump the line.
    M2...I respect you, but what Silver is saying is absolute bullsh**. There is no non earmarked vaccines on the shelves on 01/19/2021. Every distributed vaccine either has an employee (front line) or elderly/preexisting condition appointment attached to it.....therefore we are no where close to a point where we know who will actually be hesitant to take the vaccine. I am aware of no reporting about any segment of society among front line employees that are refusing the vaccine, and the elderly/preexisting condition appointments are more difficult to get right now than a ticket to heaven. I know as we have a family network setting at PC's when new appointments are scheduled to open trying to snag one for my father....and like the old ticketmaster where we are setting there right when the clock turns 8:00 AM, and by 8:02 AM we get a message that all open appointments have been booked. This is nothing more than Adam Silver and Michelle Roberts masquerading their concerns related to profits/salaries as some noble cause for the African American community. Even if their claim was accurate, why not use Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Dr. J, etc. for the these suddenly needed PSA's? I know you meant nothing by it, but even the suggestion of Nascar is just not something I get. It feels like a perception or portrayal of those urban blacks and rural whites are not capable of making decisions for themselves, and need us more enlightened folk to show them the way civilized people do things. Again, I know your online personality enough to know that is not what you personally was saying....but I do think some people view it that way.

I personally am a guy that would have no issue with the NBA players along with other professional athletes getting some preference over me when we get to that point. I think they have been very helpful to all sports fans during this tough period, and I would be perfectly fine with waiting an additional 2 weeks or month to allow them to get vaccinated to continue to provide everyone else the entertainment we need during this period. It is less important than medical professionals, but for similar reasons. So after the front line employees, elderly and preexisting condition Americans are vaccinated, allow that secondary group of entertainers or whatever that are providing a service to us get vaccinated. Just do not try to push it through under the guise of being for the benefit of black Americans because you think you can use the label of "racist" on anyone that objects.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    M2...I respect you, but what Silver is saying is absolute bullsh**. There is no non earmarked vaccines on the shelves on 01/19/2021. Every distributed vaccine either has an employee (front line) or elderly/preexisting condition appointment attached to it.....therefore we are no where close to a point where we know who will actually be hesitant to take the vaccine. I am aware of no reporting about any segment of society among front line employees that are refusing the vaccine, and the elderly/preexisting condition appointments are more difficult to get right now than a ticket to heaven. I know as we have a family network setting at PC's when new appointments are scheduled to open trying to snag one for my father....and like the old ticketmaster where we are setting there right when the clock turns 8:00 AM, and by 8:02 AM we get a message that all open appointments have been booked. This is nothing more than Adam Silver and Michelle Roberts masquerading their concerns related to profits/salaries as some noble cause for the African American community. Even if their claim was accurate, why not use Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Dr. J, etc. for the these suddenly needed PSA's? I know you meant nothing by it, but even the suggestion of Nascar is just not something I get. It feels like a perception or portrayal of those urban blacks and rural whites are not capable of making decisions for themselves, and need us more enlightened folk to show them the way civilized people do things. Again, I know your online personality enough to know that is not what you personally was saying....but I do think some people view it that way.

I personally am a guy that would have no issue with the NBA players along with other professional athletes getting some preference over me when we get to that point. I think they have been very helpful to all sports fans during this tough period, and I would be perfectly fine with waiting an additional 2 weeks or month to allow them to get vaccinated to continue to provide everyone else the entertainment we need during this period. It is less important than medical professionals, but for similar reasons. So after the front line employees, elderly and preexisting condition Americans are vaccinated, allow that secondary group of entertainers or whatever that are providing a service to us get vaccinated. Just do not try to push it through under the guise of being for the benefit of black Americans because you think you can use the label of "racist" on anyone that objects.
    I was in a meeting last week where they were talking about getting a pile of loose vaccines and how they'd distribute them if they did. There's an entire "who you know" aspect to where these things are landing. The NBA definitely knows a few people. Anyway, completely agree Silver isn't motivated by noble causes. Said so. Agreed your timing for it would be better, but there is a benefit of getting prominent figures vaccinated to increase public trust. There's probably also some benefit to providing people with reliable circuses while we vaccinate our way out of this mess. I'd go with your plan, but I get the thread Silver is pulling at.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-20-2021)

Eric Bledsoe and Lonzo Ball are insanely bad together.

17. Likes:

Stray (01-20-2021)

Eric Bledsoe and Lonzo Ball are insanely bad together.
    Agreed. I'd like to see more of Lonzo/NAW together running with the 1st team.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Agreed. I'd like to see more of Lonzo/NAW together running with the 1st team.
    I was watching the game with one thought.....when are the Pelicans going to inform Bledsoe he will be coming off the bench? There is no reason he should be starting over Ball and NAW in my opinion for this team and where they are at in the process.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Yeah, Bledsoe is taking that team nowhere. Yet he's better than Lonzo Ball. David Griffin's job this season is moving Lonzo to some convenient fool who'll give up talent/asset for the right to give Lonzo a contract extension he'll never earn.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-21-2021)

Yeah, Bledsoe is taking that team nowhere. Yet he's better than Lonzo Ball. David Griffin's job this season is moving Lonzo to some convenient fool who'll give up talent/asset for the right to give Lonzo a contract extension he'll never earn.
    oh yeah, I agree in that I would be looking to move Ball before the deadline. Maybe LaVar can get Mitch to trade something valuable for him.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

23. Likes:

M2 (01-20-2021)

Turn Off Ads?