Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
How long till Thibs gives Quickley the starting PG job? He's been outplaying Elf.
Payton's just not the shooter than Quickley seems to be. In today's game, it seems as if shooting can paper over a lot of holes and mistakes. What's surprising about Quickley is that he's acclimated to PG with little problem. His vision and ability to handle the ball has been outstanding. (Two TO/36? From a rookie PG?) Really, though, what's the rush in making that switch? New York's not going to the playoffs despite their rosier current outlook. In fact, they need to lose a few games to drop into that lower lottery bracket. (No need to tank. Just develop young guys at key moments.)

Were I Thibs, I'd keep Quickley with the second unit for now. He and Toppin have a nice chemistry going. That change in energy is palpable too. A Knox/ Toppin/ Noel/ Quickley/ Rivers second unit has frantic puppy-piddling-on-the-carpet energy.

At this point, New York looks (dare I say) promising. I like Toppin. Randle's become a legitimate weapon. They need shooters. Badly.

This upcoming off-season, were I Leon Rose, I'd throw all the money at Kawhi Leonard, knowing that won't work. I'd then go after secondary guys like Dinwiddie and Fournier to round out my starting five (Dinwiddie/ Fournier/ Barrett/ Randle/ Robinson), with Quickley, Toppin, Knox, my draft pick wing, and Burks as a second unit. (Toppin at center? Knox at PF? Yup.)