Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    In the first half, he's a +17 against the #1 Defense in the NBA and hasn't scored a point (only took one shot yet his impact was all over the floor throughout the first half). Don't know how many times I need to point out that you can't use traditional statistics to show how he will impact POR going forward. Oh, and POR is up 70-50 against the NBA's #1 Defense both in OPP FG% and OPP 3-pt FG% destroying both figures. Amazing what a couple of practices can do when there hasn't been any since before the pre-season began and only three pseudo ones before that.
    He had 0 points in the 1st half. He has exploded in the 2nd half and now has 2 points on 1-7 shooting. Now go back an re-read the quote from you I posted earlier about how he's going to post career best numbers across the board. Keep it up. This is pure gold.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He had 0 points in the 1st half. He has exploded in the 2nd half and now has 2 points on 1-7 shooting. Now go back an re-read the quote from you I posted earlier about how he's going to post career best numbers across the board. Keep it up. This is pure gold.
    He had a positive +/- on/off the floor tonight, exactly what he's supposed to do for the team. Focusing on points scored is a poor man's look into effectiveness to a team.

Losing Hood to injury for the 4th Quarter hurt, but POR got the win and only five teams in the NBA currently have a better record than the Blazers have.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

He had a positive +/- on/off the floor tonight, exactly what he's supposed to do for the team. Focusing on points scored is a poor man's look into effectiveness to a team.
    You claimed the Blazers would unlock his game and he would post career-best numbers across the board. Tonight he scored 4 points. He's now down to 6.5 ppg. I look forward to your continued faceplanting.

Not sure what else Thibs needs to see from Quickley at this point. Team is better with him on the floor.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-25-2021),M2 (01-25-2021)

You claimed the Blazers would unlock his game and he would post career-best numbers across the board. Tonight he scored 4 points. He's now down to 6.5 ppg. I look forward to your continued faceplanting.
    His 127.3 Offensive Rating was 3rd best on the team. Scoring for one game is not the greatest measure of a player's Offensive effectiveness any more or less than Offensive Rating is for one game. Both can be a combination of lineups for and against.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

His 127.3 Offensive Rating was 3rd best on the team. Scoring for one game is not the greatest measure of a player's Offensive effectiveness any more or less than Offensive Rating is for one game. Both can be a combination of lineups for and against.
    This from the guy who was insisting the scoring starts now earlier today. Feel free to use his offensive numbers for the season. They're garbage.

You can stop digging this hole anytime you want. Pretty much everybody here said Covington would help Portland the moment the trade went down. In fact, prior to that the only person here who'd been insisting the Blazers didn't need a major upgrade at forward was you. Then you started in with the ridiculous hot take that Covington was going to become Mr. Offense. Sixers, Wolves, Rockets and Blazers fans all pointed out there's nothing extra lurking under the covers in his game. You could just admit that while Covington helps overall, his offense is pretty limited rather than this endless doubling down.
    Last edited by M2; 01-25-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Covington's Offensive Rating this season is 88.4. His Defensive Rating is 112.6. That ORtg is putrid (bottom 20), the DRtg pedestrian. That adds up to a negative 24.1 Efficiency Diff. The only thing we can say about that is at least he's not Rodney Hood.

There's really nothing in the advanced metrics demonstrating that Covington's game so far this season is misunderstood or that his results have been misinterpreted. He's better than this, but so far he's been terrible.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

10. Likes:

M2 (01-25-2021)

I have tremendous respect for Daryl Morey, and what he accomplished with the Rockets. But, what was he thinking when he traded Capela for Covington?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Covington's Offensive Rating this season is 88.4. His Defensive Rating is 112.6. That ORtg is putrid (bottom 20), the DRtg pedestrian. That adds up to a negative 24.1 Efficiency Diff. The only thing we can say about that is at least he's not Rodney Hood.

There's really nothing in the advanced metrics demonstrating that Covington's game so far this season is misunderstood or that his results have been misinterpreted. He's better than this, but so far he's been terrible.
    The conversation is about going forward now that there has been a practice and what effect he will have on the Blazers. Any numbers before January 24th are 100% irrelevant. May as well be speaking about what he did when he was in Grade School. It is that irrelevant and not part of the conversation

This from the guy who was insisting the scoring starts now earlier today. Feel free to use his offensive numbers for the season. They're garbage.

You can stop digging this hole anytime you want. Pretty much everybody here said Covington would help Portland the moment the trade went down. In fact, prior to that the only person here who'd been insisting the Blazers didn't need a major upgrade at forward was you. Then you started in with the ridiculous hot take that Covington was going to become Mr. Offense. Sixers, Wolves, Rockets and Blazers fans all pointed out there's nothing extra lurking under the covers in his game. You could just admit that while Covington helps overall, his offense is pretty limited rather than this endless doubling down.
    There is no information available other than yesterday to warrant discussion on this topic. No practices were held to incorporate him into the system until Thursday and Friday, and if you think two practices justify an embracing of a system, then you, and anyone else (most fans) who has rushed to judgement about Covington and how his Offense will blend into Stotts and Lillard and C.J. and Nurk's system, then that's just proof of no knkwledge about how basketball works at the NBA level.

You just make everything up as you go along to fit whatever agenda you feel like supporting regarding the Blazers and my opinions of them. Everything you've said is a flat-out lie.

From the first five minutes I ever watched Covington play, I have wanted him to be a part of the rotation for the Blazers, preferably playing the 3-Wing. This has never changed and I have posted this repeatedly. No other NBA player have I preferred other than him. He stands alone. Others I may have wanted for a season or two temporarily, but it has always been Covington. He was misused in PHI as his career went on there, horribly misused in HOU, and MIN was a complete waste of his time. He'll blossom in POR, but it will take time to undo the damage that was done in the other places.

As far as not wanting a replacement for Zach Collins? That goes without saying, though apparently not, according to you and your lies. While Collins is developing, help is needed, but nobody can replace what he will give this franchise, not even Covington. All is set now for a Championship run. Getting healthy and getting practices is all that's needed.

You just make everything up as you go along to fit whatever agenda you feel like supporting regarding the Blazers and my opinions of them. Everything you've said is a flat-out lie.
    Dude, I provided the quote where you said it. You can read through on that link and note numerous people all saying good move, but you're way over your skis with him posting big numbers. No one made you take the ridiculous stance that Robert Covington was going to become an offensive dynamo. You did that all by yourself, and you keep doing it. "He'll blossom." No, he'll play like he's Robert Covington, which is more than enough to help a middle of the pack team like Portland. Mind you, he's been a long way from playing that well through 1/5 of the season.
    Last edited by M2; 01-25-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Also, somebody needs to tell Dennis Schroder, Trez, Serge Ibaka, Nic Batum, Chris Paul, Jae Crowder, Christian Wood, Jrue Holiday, Seth Curry, Kevin Durant, Clint Capela and Jerami Grant they can't be good on their new teams yet because they haven't had enough practice time.

17. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-25-2021),texasdave (01-25-2021)

Covington's out tonight after getting whacked in the face on an intentional foul (ejection) from Julius Randle at the end of the game last night. Stotts probably goes with Melo. It's too bad as the starting five last night did great, about a Net Rating of +25 over 11 minutes.

Covington's out tonight after getting whacked in the face on an intentional foul (ejection) from Julius Randle at the end of the game last night. Stotts probably goes with Melo. It's too bad as the starting five last night did great, about a Net Rating of +25 over 11 minutes.
    13 minutes of RoCo/Enes/DJJ/Dame/Hood had a Net Rating of +29.2

For 8 minutes when Hood was replaced by Simons, [RoCo/Enes/DJJ/Dame/Simons] it had a Net Rating of +50.0

When Hood came back in for 9 minutes to play Point and run the 2nd Unit [Melo/Giles/Hood/Simons/Trent] it had a Net Rating of +10.0

Only when Hood had to exit and not play the 4th Qtr because he took a charge and banged knees did the team suffer as Simons had to play point and run the team as the NYN refuse to let Lillard dribble the ball in the 4th Qtr.

Turn Off Ads?