Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Poor understanding of what's going on by NBA.COM calling TOR's loss horrible because nobody should lose to the Kings. The Kings are so much better than they have been in the last few years.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Spurs reserves dominated Denver's, particularly Green and Porter. Nuggets Starters will have to pull this out to get the win. Porter isn't ready for SAS's style and should not close this game.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Opinion: Are the Sixers the best team in the Eastern Conference?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ce/4289599001/
    Little doubt who's playing the best in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Poor understanding of what's going on by NBA.COM calling TOR's loss horrible because nobody should lose to the Kings. The Kings are so much better than they have been in the last few years.
    The Kings are 30th in the league in D rating, 29th in net rating. By any objective measure, they've been pretty bad.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-30-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Jordan never had a cakewalk to the Finals. Never.
    Well, that's not true, not by a long-shot.

Once the Pistons core aged - Save for Dumars and Salley, who was a role player anyway - they were finally dethroned by the Bulls. Then, not unlike the Showtime Lakers with Kareem and Magic, the Bulls and the aforementioned Lakers core cakewalked most of the time through their own conferences to meet the survivor of the bloodbath of a stacked conference in the Finals.

And the Bulls were also fortunate to face Sonics and Suns teams in the Finals that were each missing a key player for either much of the Finals (Nate McMillan) or the entire Final Series (Cedric Ceballos) - To say nothing of Horace Grant getting knocked out of the '96 ECF against the Magic. Of course, there was no mention of this in The Last Dance, not that I expected such. So much for MJ and the Bulls never receiving a break.

No getting around it, the chief challengers to the Bulls in the East back in the day were not exactly stacked teams:

- The Ron Harper-less Cavs had no realistic shot at dethroning the Bulls.

- Patrick Ewing's Kincks? Not with Charles Smith playing out of position a SF, and he was soft as Charmin at PF. One of Pat Riley's extremely rare bad moves as an executive, as he never replaced the X-Man (Xavier McDaniel), who roughed up Pippen in their '92 seven game Semi-Final series loss.

Now, I know what you're what you're likely thinking here: "Rev, What about your '98 Pacers?" "They pushed the Bulls to seven games in MJ's last season."

That they did....And promptly(with an even stronger roster than '98) face-planted against the injured-shorthanded Knicks in the '99 ECF. Granted, they did rebound and reach the Finals in '00, and acquitted themselves well against the Lakers. But if that's the best Eastern Conference team/core that faced Jordan's Bulls throughout their several year run, that's not exactly a high bar, as much as it pains me to say so.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Little doubt who's playing the best in the West.
    Even without Donovan Mitchell. Still killing people. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    11 straight wins!

They've got a date with Denver on Sunday. And it's an NBA TV game, FWIW.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Spurs reserves dominated Denver's, particularly Green and Porter. Nuggets Starters will have to pull this out to get the win. Porter isn't ready for SAS's style and should not close this game.
    No question, the Nuggets sorely miss Grant and Plumlee.

As of now, they have the look of a team that MUST make a bold move at the deadline to have any hope of returning to the conference finals. Jokic and Murray can only carry them so far.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I am still all the way on the Immanuel Quickley bandwagon.
    Last edited by Stray; 01-30-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Joe Ingles is better than John Stockton!!!

He just passed him in career 3-pointers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Anyone named IQ, you've got to get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I am shocked at how much time he's gotten under Thibs, but I suspect he's at the limit of it.

Quickley might start... next season.

Or in typical Knicks' fashion, they'll bury him behind a max FA or trade acquisition (Westbrook-- you know it's happening) or trade him for Carmelo.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Bogdanovich, IMO, is the key to their lineup. He's a Swiss Army guy and an underrated defender who can also do the little stuff. Last season, I'm sure they get past Denver with him. Not sure about the Clips, but they had better than a puncher's chance, for sure.

LA?

They match up as well as anyone.

Dallas is in serious trouble they don't play D and can't rebound the basketball...most nights the team stands around waiting for Luka to make magic happen. I would expect them to try and deal for a big coming up rumors centered around Drummond but reports are they don't like his game. They may look to Orlando for a deal.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Dallas is in serious trouble they don't play D and can't rebound the basketball...most nights the team stands around waiting for Luka to make magic happen. I would expect them to try and deal for a big coming up rumors centered around Drummond but reports are they don't like his game. They may look to Orlando for a deal.
    Vuc? Not sure that really improves the defense, but him and Luka on offense would be impressive.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Vuc? Not sure that really improves the defense, but him and Luka on offense would be impressive.
    Gordon might fit. Only issue is Dallas can’t deal a 1st until their 2025 as both this years and 2023 belong to the Knicks for KP.

They could also ask about Bamba but I doubt they get far with that.

Turn Off Ads?