Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffawed View Post
    Happy for Paul but doesn't it feel like his career has gone full circle back to NOP type team.

They have been hot during FEB but not a serious playoff team surely.
    Pick your stat. PHO is among the best in all of them. That implies few weaknesses.

For certain, Chris Paul has not been a successfull playoff player, and it's probably been more about him than the teams he was on. But, he's also changed his game and his attitude, and it looks like a much more mature version of Chris Paul in a positive sense, the perfect blend to work with Monty Williams and the young Suns. Everything Zee mentioned is true. POR plays @ PHO tonight. POR has been winning by taking more "threes" than any other team in the league the last 12 games, getting more Offensive Rebounds than any other team in the league in the last 12 games, committing fewer turnovers than any other team in the NBA over the last 12 games, and those last two strengths were the Bulls' Championship formula for winning, which combined with their ability to get Defensive stops when it matters, the last five minutes of games that are close, allows them to win more games than their ability should have them winning. PHO just wins in dominant fashion from beginning to end.

Oh, and POR has this thing called Dame Time, where Lillard has been shooting 58.8% from "3" in the last five minutes of games that are five points apart or less. While all Super Stars can do this "sometimes" (they actually do it less than their career averages over any time of the game, but because they are always the one taking those shots, they end up with a high volume of attempts), Dame does it all the time. So, POR will win the close games. It's no big deal for POR to be down going into the 4th Qtr and win the game (just ask PHI).

On paper, PHO should beat POR by 15+ points tonight, and POR, whether it was Clyde and Porter, or Dame and C.J., has always struggled in PHO, no matter the Suns' record. Even last season, when PHO couldn't win 20 games, they managed to beat POR in PHO. However, POR has won 8 of 10 and I hope that they'll make it close. This is POR's 5th game (of 7) where every game is in a different city. They go to DEN Wednesday. They've been living on planes for the last 10 days, and in this horrible weather across the U.S., it hasn't been pleasant. At least they aren't the Raptors, who have no home (and just lost their Assistant Coach in the middle of their toughest season ever in an unprecedented fashion).

Oh, and I'm not happy for Chris Paul. I hate the guy with a passion. I hate his personality. I hate him as human being. I can't stand the guy. I don't like Booker either. If it wasn't for a great respect for Monty Williams, I'd loathe PHO right now, but I wish Monty Williams the best and I hope PHO does well (but not tonight and since they are battling POR for seeding all season, it appears, I hope they lose all the time, but come playoff time, I hope they win every series that doesn't involve POR).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-22-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?