Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

I'd think Orlando might be willing to move Gordon for a modest price. Gordon + some salary ballast for Dorian Finney-Smith, Jalen Brunson and James James strikes me as a functional deal.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Dallas is in serious trouble they don't play D and can't rebound the basketball...most nights the team stands around waiting for Luka to make magic happen. I would expect them to try and deal for a big coming up rumors centered around Drummond but reports are they don't like his game. They may look to Orlando for a deal.
    Porzingis has been kinda disappointing, yeah?

So far in his young NBA career, IMO, so has Zion Williamson. (I full well realize this is a bit of a hot take. So be it.) Despite the gaudy point totals, what else does he do on the court? Aside from make the unbelievable highlight reel dunk or the sight of a man so massive moving so explosively, how else does he help your team?

Who else has lots of points or big counting stats, but underwhelms you as an overall player?

Some might argue KAT, and I could see that if he weren't historically productive as an offensive player. He also rebounds at an elite level.

De'Aaron Fox? DeMarcus Cousins, for sure this season. Oladipo might be another.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

If we're placing 'fit' with KP into consideration, that should rule out Drummond or Vuc. With that in mind, Larry Nance Jr could be of interest to the Mavs with his abilty to stretch the floor, guard traditional bigs, and switch out to defend the perimeter.

Come to think of it, he'd also be a nice fit next to KAT. That said, the Cavs have designs on the 7-10 derby, and for good reason.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    If we're placing 'fit' with KP into consideration, that should rule out Drummond or Vuc. With that in mind, Larry Nance Jr could be of interest to the Mavs with his abilty to stretch the floor, guard traditional bigs, and switch out to defend the perimeter.

Come to think of it, he'd also be a nice fit next to KAT. That said, the Cavs have designs on the 7-10 derby, and for good reason.
    Nance has had a nice season and should be a bit better offensively, as he's not this bad as a free throw shooter. Those are some easy points he's leaving on the court.

This is the best he's looked defensively. It helps to have Drummond (and Allen) back there instead of Thompson.

6. Likes:

M2 (01-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Porzingis has been kinda disappointing, yeah?

So far in his young NBA career, IMO, so has Zion Williamson. (I full well realize this is a bit of a hot take. So be it.) Despite the gaudy point totals, what else does he do on the court? Aside from make the unbelievable highlight reel dunk or the sight of a man so massive moving so explosively, how else does he help your team?

Who else has lots of points or big counting stats, but underwhelms you as an overall player?

Some might argue KAT, and I could see that if he weren't historically productive as an offensive player. He also rebounds at an elite level.

De'Aaron Fox? DeMarcus Cousins, for sure this season. Oladipo might be another.
    Generally speaking, young guys don't win. That's the hole in every rebuilding plan. By the time the kids grow up enough to win, they're gone. Zion's ready to be a fun piece on a good team or a high-scoring piece on a bad team. AD was spinning his wheels before he joined forces with LeBron. Andrew Wiggins has taken seven years to become an efficient scorer and active defender who can help a team win more often than it loses, even if he's not worth his current paycheck.

You guys have been arguing LeBron vs. Jordan, but until age 27 you could have made a disappointment argument for both of them. This league is a hard place to succeed.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-30-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Nance has had a nice season and should be a bit better offensively, as he's not this bad as a free throw shooter. Those are some easy points he's leaving on the court.

This is the best he's looked defensively. It helps to have Drummond (and Allen) back there instead of Thompson.
    Yeah, both Drummond and Allen are much better traditional rim-protectors than TT.

TT, OTOH, can switch out and guard on the perimeter, which is useful against a big like Bam. But TT, with a purported 7’4” wingspan, should be a more productive shot blocker.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Generally speaking, young guys don't win. That's the hole in every rebuilding plan. By the time the kids grow up enough to win, they're gone. Zion's ready to be a fun piece on a good team or a high-scoring piece on a bad team. AD was spinning his wheels before he joined forces with LeBron. Andrew Wiggins has taken seven years to become an efficient scorer and active defender who can help a team win more often than it loses, even if he's not worth his current paycheck.

You guys have been arguing LeBron vs. Jordan, but until age 27 you could have made a disappointment argument for both of them. This league is a hard place to succeed.
    Are you sure that's not more about the quality of teams high draft picks tend to end up on when they're young rather than being attributed to just being young players? Maybe that's a little toe-mayto/toe-mahto, but...

LeBron James lost his first NBA finals at age 22 when the Spurs and 24-year old Tony Parker,- who won his first NBA Championship at age 20- beat them while playing with Tim Duncan, who won his own initial title when he was 22 years old himself. The Warriors entered the playoffs in 2015 with their top five scorers averaging 24.6 years old and started their dynasty run by beating that same LeBron guy, who this time brought a 22-year old Kyrie Irving with him.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Portland just won a game against the Bulls in which they trailed by 5 points with 11 seconds to play. Nice.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-31-2021)

The Lakers tried their best to blow the game against the Celtics tonight....but somehow held on for a 1 point win.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Portland just won a game against the Bulls in which they trailed by 5 points with 11 seconds to play. Nice.
    That game winner by Dame was nuts. There isn't a man on the planet I'd rather take a big shot than him.

15. Likes:

adkindo (01-31-2021),Betterread (01-31-2021),Kingspoint (01-31-2021),Revering4Blue (01-31-2021),texasdave (01-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    That game winner by Dame was nuts. There isn't a man on the planet I'd rather take a big shot than him.
    It would be difficult to name someone currently playing that really comes close?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-31-2021),texasdave (01-31-2021)

LaMelo Ball tonight....27 Points (8 of 10 FG | 2 of 3 3FG | 9 of 9 FT's), 5 Rebounds, 9 Assists and 4 Steals off the bench in 31 minutes. He was a +37 on the night!
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    It would be difficult to name someone currently playing that really comes close?
    Only Jerry West historically would seem to come close.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    LaMelo Ball tonight....27 Points (8 of 10 FG | 2 of 3 3FG | 9 of 9 FT's), 5 Rebounds, 9 Assists and 4 Steals off the bench in 31 minutes. He was a +37 on the night!
    Ball, when his shot falls, is incredibly helpful offensively. Ball defensively has so far been better than advertised.

For 19, he's been a pleasant surprise for the Hornets.

Charlotte has an interesting decision to make.

They're currently 9-11 and are absolutely in position to be one of the 7-10 faux playoff teams.

Do they let Terry Rozier or Devonte Graham go in the hopes of developing Ball? (I'm guessing Denver would absolutely love to deal Gary Harris and Bol Bol or RJ Hampton for Rozier to boost their playoff chances, for example. And the Clippers maybe deal a future 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder for Graham, even if he has come back down the earth rather harshly.) If I'm Jordan and Kupchak, I'd definitely be looking to make deals for future picks, knowing it'd retard my progress a bit.

9 and or 10 are the potential faux playoff teams. 7 and 8 have traditionally been considered legitimate.

Turn Off Ads?