Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Thaddeus Young is a guy who ought to interest contenders looking for a capable veteran.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Stray (01-26-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Wow, Cavs were making that really interesting and Lebron went vintage Kobe-mode in the 4th. Just a ridiculous performance.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

adkindo (01-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Wow, Cavs were making that really interesting and Lebron went vintage Kobe-mode in the 4th. Just a ridiculous performance.
    That's the thing with LeBron.

He's fine with orchestrating the offense, getting everyone involved, but he can also seemingly just flat take over a game nearly any time he wants.

How anyone could argue that he's not the GOAT is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    How anyone could argue that he's not the GOAT is beyond me.
    People have seen Michael Jordan play. I'm not going to argue Jordan was better, but I don't really see how he can be dismissed, either. Don't really think you can go wrong either way.

8. Likes:

Puffy (01-27-2021),Rojo Rijo (01-27-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    People have seen Michael Jordan play. I'm not going to argue Jordan was better, but I don't really see how he can be dismissed, either. Don't really think you can go wrong either way.
    Or with Wilt.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Thaddeus Young is a guy who ought to interest contenders looking for a capable veteran.
    True, but his current team is likely to retain him for that reason (a capable veteran to provide leadership and production) alone.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Caris LeVert had surgery on Monday to treat renal cell carcinoma of his left kidney, and he is expected to make a full recovery.

The cancer was discovered during an MRI as part of LeVert's comprehensive physical after being traded to the Pacers. "I didn't have any symptoms. I was playing in games ... I was feeling 100 percent healthy," LeVert said recently. "So, in a way, this trade definitely showed and revealed what was going on in my body; so I'm definitely looking at it from that side and definitely humbled to know that this trade could've possibly saved me in the long run." The Pacers' statement adds that while LeVert will be out indefinitely, "no further treatment is needed." Get well soon, Caris.

SOURCE: NBA.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

An MRI revealed a left knee bruise for Domantas Sabonis and he will be listed as day-to-day moving forward.

He's not dealing with any structural damage in his left knee, so this is excellent news after he was forced out of Monday's game. He may need to miss a few games here, which would benefit Jeremy Lamb, Justin Holiday and Goga Bitadze — in that order — but he's not looking at a long-term absence here.

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    True, but his current team is likely to retain him for that reason (a capable veteran to provide leadership and production) alone.
    The 10-team playoff format increases his chance of sticking in Chicago. They definitely can make that 7-10 range. Might even have an outside shot at #6 if the Heat and Raptors can't get their acts together. Yet I could see them moving Young for someone younger or some assets (and then maybe look to flip those for KAT).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-26-2021)

Or with Wilt.
    Never saw Wilt play, but I am unsure how anyone could have watched Michael Jordan play basketball, and think he is not the GOAT. Jordan had a presence when he walked onto the court that Lebron has never had. Kobe had it to a lesser degree. That presence elicited just a raw mixture of respect, fear, happiness, anxiety, and every other emotion from those in the building and even watching on TV. Guys were defeated before the ball was even tossed up for the opening tip.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

15. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (01-27-2021),SteelSD (01-27-2021)

Nice to see the Jazz gut out a win in a game where Mitchell and Clarkson combined to shoot 8 for 31 (4-19 from 3). I think it's a sign of a good team when you can pull out wins against average competition when your best offensive options are not on their games. Gobert has been kind of a monster this year (18 points and 19 boards last night). I wasn't sure how it was going to go for him in Utah after last years' idiocy, but it seems like they've smoothed things over and he's committed himself to being a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Nice to see the Jazz gut out a win in a game where Mitchell and Clarkson combined to shoot 8 for 31 (4-19 from 3). I think it's a sign of a good team when you can pull out wins against average competition when your best offensive options are not on their games. Gobert has been kind of a monster this year (18 points and 19 boards last night). I wasn't sure how it was going to go for him in Utah after last years' idiocy, but it seems like they've smoothed things over and he's committed himself to being a great player.
    They are flat killing teams in this win streak too. They beat Denver by 4 in a good close game. Every other win has been by double digits and some of them have been complete blow outs.

18. Likes:

M2 (01-27-2021),Revering4Blue (01-27-2021)

NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Never saw Wilt play, but I am unsure how anyone could have watched Michael Jordan play basketball, and think he is not the GOAT. Jordan had a presence when he walked onto the court that Lebron has never had. Kobe had it to a lesser degree. That presence elicited just a raw mixture of respect, fear, happiness, anxiety, and every other emotion from those in the building and even watching on TV. Guys were defeated before the ball was even tossed up for the opening tip.
    Never saw Wilt either, as he played in his last game when I was not quite six years old.

Nevertheless, there's more than enough ample evidence out there to support the claim that he should, at the very least, be included in ANY NBA GOAT conversation.

https://wiltfan.tripod.com/wiltrules.html

That said, I'm much more inclined to support the Jordan as GOAT argument than the Jordan's Bulls as GOAT arguments. Comparing teams against teams from other eras seems fruitless. But, within the pre-pace-and-space (position-less NBA)/three-point-shot rule in effect era, nobody's going to convince me otherwise in regards to the following:

The following '80's teams were better than ANY '90's team:

1) '83 76ers

2)'87 Lakers

3) '86 Celtics

4) '89 Pistons - That '91 Pistons team was on its last legs when the Bulls dethroned them.

The Showtime Lakers dynasty > Bulls dynasty

While it was still a relatively stacked league from '91 -'93, the post- Jordan retirement Bulls ('95 -'98) were largely the beneficiaries of a watered-down/expansion-filled league, which occurred during an era in which the worldwide basketball infrastructure and overall talent dwarf the current environment.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-27-2021 at 08:23 PM.

20. Likes:

M2 (01-27-2021)

LeBron could go to Jordan's era and absolutely dominate as is.

LeBron could go to Wilt's era and absolutely dominate as is.

Unless they changed, neither Jordan nor Wilt could dominate today. Jordan would have to add both an accurate three-point shot and a willingness to take a whole bunch of them instead of that patented fade-away 17-footer. He'd have more room, certainly, to operate. Wilt, otoh, would have to show me he could rebound and score better than, say, Shaq. (And that's a high, high bar.)

For their eras? Wilt and Jordan were the best players unquestionably.

Of all time?

Naw, dog.

YMMV, of course.

Wilt is generally considered better than Bill Russell, but he didn’t dominate their matchup. In fact, you could argue that Russell matched Wilt in key games, such as the playoffs, repeatedly.
    Russell was the star player of the greatest dynasty in NBA history - 10 titles in 11 years. Wilt, Hal Greer, Chet walker and Billy Cunningham’s 76ers won the other year in that time: 66-67.

Never saw Wilt either, as he played in his last game when I was not quite six years old.

Nevertheless, there's more than enough ample evidence out there to support the claim that he should, at the very least, be included in ANY NBA GOAT conversation.

https://wiltfan.tripod.com/wiltrules.html

That said, I'm much more inclined to support the Jordan as GOAT argument than the Jordan's Bulls as GOAT arguments. Comparing teams against teams from other eras seems fruitless. But, within the pre-pace-and-space (position-less NBA)/three-point-shot rule in effect era, nobody's going to convince me otherwise in regards to the following:

The following '80's teams were better than ANY '90's team:

1) '83 76ers

2)'87 Lakers

3) '86 Celtics

4) '89 Pistons - That '91 Pistons team was on it's last legs when the Bulls dethroned them.

The Showtime Lakers dynasty > Bulls dynasty

While it was still a relatively stacked league from '91 -'93, the post- Jordan retirement Bulls ('95 -'98) were largely the beneficiaries of a watered-down/expansion-filled league, which occurred during an era in which the worldwide basketball infrastructure and overall talent dwarf the current environment.
    Side note: "Wilt, 1962" is a fascinating account of the night the Stilt scored 100, and the circumstances surrounding the era in which it occurred.

https://www.amazon.com/Wilt-1962-Nig.../dp/1400051614
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?