Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Too, I'm diametrically opposed to a guy as talented as he is on the blocks wandering around the perimeter jacking up threes when his outside game sucks butt.
    Are you talking about DeMarcus Cousins here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

What kind of effort is P.J. Tucker putting out? Last night: 2 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 1 steal, 2 turnovers. -23 in 21 minutes on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Are you talking about DeMarcus Cousins here?
    Cousins was a league average or better shooter for four years before he got hurt in NOLA.

But yeah, his Rockets' tenure has sucked, hasn't it?

I'm trying to be patient, as he's been out for almost two years, but he's going to have to step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What kind of effort is P.J. Tucker putting out? Last night: 2 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 1 steal, 2 turnovers. -23 in 21 minutes on the court.
    His butt needs be stapled to the bench.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I don't want him knocking people over. I want him not to play the victim every time down the court.

He's either taunting opposing players, getting into fights, complaining about not getting touches, or complaining about getting hacked 90% of the time he plays.

Too, I'm diametrically opposed to a guy as talented as he is on the blocks wandering around the perimeter jacking up threes when his outside game sucks butt.
    I am 100% in support of Embiid's ****housery. Might be the best in the league at it. Though he needs moments where he reminds dudes that he's the biggest, baddest human out there.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-21-2021),SteelSD (01-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I am 100% in support of Embiid's ****housery. Might be the best in the league at it. Though he needs moments where he reminds dudes that he's the biggest, baddest human out there.
    I just struggle watching the biggest guy on the court flail every time he's touched. I feel like im watching a more talented Anderson Varejo.

9. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (01-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I have not followed the Magic very much this season....and not around as many Magic fans as usual....what do most think the team will do this season in regards to moving veterans before the deadline? Fournier, Vucevic, Ennis, Ross....maybe Gordon? Personally, I just think without Isaac and Fultz, this is not the year to try to snag the 7th or 8th playoff spot. I would be very tempted to try to move much of that money ASAP...hopefully collect some draft capital for 2021 and 2022....focus on a quick rebuild. I know the Magic have been sensitive to tanking in the past because the fans will not show up, but the fans are not there anyway this year.
    I worry that they'll be in it enough to go for it. In reality they probably need to move Fournier and would be wise to move Gordon in the right deal.

I think their issues are 1) Management/ownership isn't strong enough to make risky moves, they'll hold on to their players that get them to a 7/8 seed each year. 2) The players like each other and there aren't really any locker room issues. Vucevic is a good teammate as the star of the team, this makes breaking any parts of the team less desirable. 3) Scott is good enough to get them to that 7/8 seed or at least fighting for it until the very end. This will result in them not moving any assets, which is significantly stupid considering their floor is 12th/13th in the East and their ceiling is a first round series loss. You have to look at who the top 4 seeds are going to be to figure out if its worth it to go for it. I have a feeling this year you're going to have Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Boston, and Brooklyn as the top 4 with Miami and Indiana lurking right outside of them. No chance Orlando gets even 2 games in a series with one of those 4 teams. At full strength with Fultz and Isaac? Maybe. But Isaac has been hurt for so long that this team hasn't really had the chance to gel at full strength. They need to keep playing hard and i'll root for them but I won't be upset at a higher draft pick.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-21-2021)

Aminu and Fournier had non-contact practices yesterday. Help is on the way.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-21-2021 at 10:47 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I was watching the game with one thought.....when are the Pelicans going to inform Bledsoe he will be coming off the bench? There is no reason he should be starting over Ball and NAW in my opinion for this team and where they are at in the process.
    In time, NAW and Kira Lewis Jr.as a back court tandem should be fun to watch in NOLA.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I don't want him knocking people over. I want him not to play the victim every time down the court.

He's either taunting opposing players, getting into fights, complaining about not getting touches, or complaining about getting hacked 90% of the time he plays.

Embiid puts up 42 points and 10 boards last night, is shooting nearly 37% from three with the lowest volume of treys attempted since his rookie year. He's not complaining about not getting touches and does actually gets fouled more often than they're called.

You've spent the majority of the season demanding that the Sixers can't be any good because they only beat teams that were fake-good while not facing opponents that were apparently fake-bad. The improved their shooting- which you said they needed to do- but that certainly doesn't seem to matter after all. You floated a couple weeks ago that Simmons was on injured reserve for whatever reason, I dunno. Then you post a video of Daniel Theis acting like he's taken a shot from an invisible MMA fighter, but it's supposed to evidence of Embiid "flopping"? It's like you don't even know what you're watching.

But it's nice to know that it's not the team you hate...it's just the players you despise. Solid.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Embiid puts up 42 points and 10 boards last night, is shooting nearly 37% from three with the lowest volume of treys attempted since his rookie year. He's not complaining about not getting touches and does actually gets fouled more often than they're called.

You've spent the majority of the season demanding that the Sixers can't be any good because they only beat teams that were fake-good while not facing opponents that were apparently fake-bad. The improved their shooting- which you said they needed to do- but that certainly doesn't seem to matter after all. You floated a couple weeks ago that Simmons was on injured reserve for whatever reason, I dunno. Then you post a video of Daniel Theis acting like he's taken a shot from an invisible MMA fighter, but it's supposed to evidence of Embiid "flopping"? It's like you don't even know what you're watching.

But it's nice to know that it's not the team you hate...it's just the players you despise. Solid.
    You haven't paid much attention to me this season.

I spent last season insisting the Sixers were inherently flawed. I got major guff from many on the board, and yet, I was absolutely correct. They did not fit well together. At all.

I've purposefully said little about Philadelphia this season because they're going to have to prove to me that they can fix that huge flaw. Simmons can't shoot from beyond 10 feet. He can't shoot free throws, and he's a primary ball handler. That's a recipe for losing playoff games. Relying on Tobias Harris as a shooter is a recipe for losing playoff games. Relying on Embiid to stay on the court with any regularity is a recipe for disappointment. Doc Rivers is a good coach. Perhaps he can make the parts fit better than they did last year. We'll see. But historically, relying of Rivers to take a very good team to the championship has been a recipe for disappointment too. (One year notwithstanding.)

Relying on Sixer fans to overrate their team year after year?

Now that's a sure thing.

You haven't paid much attention to me this season.
    I can't help but pay attention because every time the Sixers are mentioned, you use the opportunity as a segue into Rojo-level drunk misinformation dances and half-baked "they ain't good until Zee says they're good" rhetoric. Seriously. Ben Simmons' game is a "recipe for losing playoff games". Nevermind that Simmons wasn't even available for the Sixers/Celtics first round series last season. Is that really your take? Ben Simmons game is bad for the Sixers chances of winning in the playoffs when he's not playing? Brilliant. Golf clap.

And don't try to play a "Steel is a Sixers homer" card. That's ridiculous and you know it. I spent the vast majority of last season railing on the team's real issues and coaching.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Aren't we past the point of realizing that Thanasis Antetokounmpo is not an NBA quality player....and may be getting close to recognizing Kostas probably is not either?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Ingram on fire in the 1st half vs. the Jazz, 8 of 10 FG (4 of 5 from 3)...but so is Mitchell with 7-11 FG (4 of 4 from 3)
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Cleveland Cavaliers trading Kevin Porter Jr. to Houston Rockets

The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to trade 2019 first-round pick Kevin Porter Jr. to the Houston Rockets for a heavily protected future second-round pick, sources told ESPN.

The pick is top-55 protected, meaning it is likely to never convey, sources said.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?