Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

From Rotoworld with Rotooworld comments:

Jonas Valanciunas (health and safety protocols) said via Twitter that he has been cleared to play in Monday's game against the Cavaliers. "False alarm. Everyone around me is healthy and I am cleared to get back on the court," Valaciunas said via Twitter. "Thank you all for the support. Stay safe!" Memphis' starting center should slot back into his usual role Monday night, and this will also limit the fantasy value of backup Gorgui Dieng. Dieng ranks just outside of the top-100 in both 8- and 9-cat formats presently, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to hang onto him just in case things change with Valanciunas.

SOURCE: Jonas Valanciunas on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Add this to the losing streak they already are on, and it's not good news...

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce said after Saturday's loss to the Hornets that Bogdan Bogdanovic (right knee) will likely be out for "a while." "We're probably looking at another guy that's probably going to be out for a while," Pierce said when asked about Bogdanovic. The veteran guard, who was Atlanta's big signing in free agency, injured his right knee during the second quarter of Saturday's game. More should be learned about the severity of the injury, and a recovery timeline, on Sunday. Should Pierce's words prove true, look for Cam Reddish to move back into the starting lineup.

SOURCE: Sarah K. Spencer on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Could not be happier about this...

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

n his first game back after missing time with a dislocated left wrist, Karl-Anthony Towns played 37 minutes and tallied 25 points (9-of-17 FGs, 5-of-6 FTs), 13 rebounds, four assists, three blocks and two 3-pointers. In his first game back Towns continued his climb up the Timberwolves’ all-time defensive rebounds list, as he moved past Kevin Love to claim sole possession of second place. Overall KAT played well, and what’s especially encouraging about Saturday’s effort was the fact that he was able to play 37 minutes. And he did this with a cast on his left wrist. "The last two weeks have just been constant rehab every single moment... I tried to rush as hard as I could to get back and be here with this team," Towns said after the game. "Even if it required playing with one hand, wearing a cast." Towns should only get better moving forward, consistently providing the first-round value that fantasy managers banked on when they selected him during the preseason.

SOURCE: Dane Moore on Twitter

Domantas Sabonis was unstoppable on Saturday night, erupting for 28 points, 22 rebounds and four assists in 41 minutes. Andre Drummond was incredible on Saturday vs the Bucks, logging 26 points, 24 rebounds, three assists, one steal and one block. They both lost.

Bryant's ACL tear could be a blessing in disguise for Washington.

They can perhaps play some semblance of defense with Lopez or, more daring, let Moritz Wagner loose on an unsuspecting NBA. Kid can shoot and is big enough to bang a bit underneath. Park him at the three-point line and let him shoot 10 from distance a night. (This assumes that (1) Bradley Beal ever passes the ball, and (2) Russell Westbrook can actually pass up a relatively open 18 foot jumper.)

You could worry about his defense, but nobody in DC plays defense. Ever. If the other team doesn't put up 40 in a quarter, it's a relative success.

Free Moritz!

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Bryant's ACL tear could be a blessing in disguise for Washington.

They can perhaps play some semblance of defense with Lopez or, more daring, let Moritz Wagner loose on an unsuspecting NBA. Kid can shoot and is big enough to bang a bit underneath. Park him at the three-point line and let him shoot 10 from distance a night. (This assumes that (1) Bradley Beal ever passes the ball, and (2) Russell Westbrook can actually pass up a relatively open 18 foot jumper.)

You could worry about his defense, but nobody in DC plays defense. Ever. If the other team doesn't put up 40 in a quarter, it's a relative success.

Free Moritz!
    I don't know if this is how it will play out, but I am here for the hotness of this take.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Domantas Sabonis was unstoppable on Saturday night, erupting for 28 points, 22 rebounds and four assists in 41 minutes. Andre Drummond was incredible on Saturday vs the Bucks, logging 26 points, 24 rebounds, three assists, one steal and one block. They both lost.
    Seems like rebound stats don't mean as much as they used now that teams space the floor so much. It's not like previous eras where you had to beat a scrum of leviathans for a rebound.

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Seaso

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If you're watching at all, he's playing one handed.

The pain tolerance has to be out of this world.
    Not exactly one handed, more like he favored his right hand in dribbling, driving, rebounding. The identification of his pain level is spot on. He was clearly hurting when players slapped at the ball when he held it.
    He was pretty effective though. He was less agressive all the time, so strangely he was better than some games when he gets too out of control and commmits fouls that take him off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't know if this is how it will play out, but I am here for the hotness of this take.
    It was a bit hyperbolic.

Just like Moritz's game.

If you're not with us, you're against us. The nation of Moritz must rise!!

11. Likes:

M2 (01-10-2021),Revering4Blue (01-10-2021)

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Seaso

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Not exactly one handed, more like he favored his right hand in dribbling, driving, rebounding. The identification of his pain level is spot on. He was clearly hurting when players slapped at the ball when he held it.
    He was pretty effective though. He was less agressive all the time, so strangely he was better than some games when he gets too out of control and commmits fouls that take him off the floor.
    If I'm an opposing big, I'm attacking him on his right at all times. And when he has the ball, I'm slapping at it incessantly. I'm also challenging every shot.

Porzingas back Monday for the Mavs...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-10-2021)

A few weeks ago we were hearing the Warriors were dead. Yet at the moment they're 6-4. Flawed team, but they seem to be figuring out how to play around those flaws. They won tonight when Steph couldn't buy a shot (2-16 FG).

They even won a game in which Steph shot 2-16. That's something.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    A few weeks ago we were hearing the Warriors were dead. Yet at the moment they're 6-4. Flawed team, but they seem to be figuring out how to play around those flaws. They won tonight when Steph couldn't buy a shot (2-16 FG).
    They're a different team with Draymond Green healthy. He impacts the game even if he doesn't score one point.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

18. Likes:

M2 (01-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    They even won a game in which Steph shot 2-16. That's something.
    Is it? I would not be shocked if Steph drops 40 tomorrow/next game, Draymond has a triple double and they lose by 20. It would just be par for the course for a team this season.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?