Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 1013

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

  1. #211
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,977

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    From Rotoworld with Rotooworld comments:

    Jonas Valanciunas (health and safety protocols) said via Twitter that he has been cleared to play in Monday's game against the Cavaliers. "False alarm. Everyone around me is healthy and I am cleared to get back on the court," Valaciunas said via Twitter. "Thank you all for the support. Stay safe!" Memphis' starting center should slot back into his usual role Monday night, and this will also limit the fantasy value of backup Gorgui Dieng. Dieng ranks just outside of the top-100 in both 8- and 9-cat formats presently, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to hang onto him just in case things change with Valanciunas.

    SOURCE: Jonas Valanciunas on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #212
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,977

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Add this to the losing streak they already are on, and it's not good news...

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce said after Saturday's loss to the Hornets that Bogdan Bogdanovic (right knee) will likely be out for "a while." "We're probably looking at another guy that's probably going to be out for a while," Pierce said when asked about Bogdanovic. The veteran guard, who was Atlanta's big signing in free agency, injured his right knee during the second quarter of Saturday's game. More should be learned about the severity of the injury, and a recovery timeline, on Sunday. Should Pierce's words prove true, look for Cam Reddish to move back into the starting lineup.

    SOURCE: Sarah K. Spencer on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  4. #213
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,977

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Could not be happier about this...

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    n his first game back after missing time with a dislocated left wrist, Karl-Anthony Towns played 37 minutes and tallied 25 points (9-of-17 FGs, 5-of-6 FTs), 13 rebounds, four assists, three blocks and two 3-pointers. In his first game back Towns continued his climb up the Timberwolves’ all-time defensive rebounds list, as he moved past Kevin Love to claim sole possession of second place. Overall KAT played well, and what’s especially encouraging about Saturday’s effort was the fact that he was able to play 37 minutes. And he did this with a cast on his left wrist. "The last two weeks have just been constant rehab every single moment... I tried to rush as hard as I could to get back and be here with this team," Towns said after the game. "Even if it required playing with one hand, wearing a cast." Towns should only get better moving forward, consistently providing the first-round value that fantasy managers banked on when they selected him during the preseason.

    SOURCE: Dane Moore on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  5. #214
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,977

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Domantas Sabonis was unstoppable on Saturday night, erupting for 28 points, 22 rebounds and four assists in 41 minutes. Andre Drummond was incredible on Saturday vs the Bucks, logging 26 points, 24 rebounds, three assists, one steal and one block. They both lost.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  6. #215
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,905

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Bryant's ACL tear could be a blessing in disguise for Washington.

    They can perhaps play some semblance of defense with Lopez or, more daring, let Moritz Wagner loose on an unsuspecting NBA. Kid can shoot and is big enough to bang a bit underneath. Park him at the three-point line and let him shoot 10 from distance a night. (This assumes that (1) Bradley Beal ever passes the ball, and (2) Russell Westbrook can actually pass up a relatively open 18 foot jumper.)

    You could worry about his defense, but nobody in DC plays defense. Ever. If the other team doesn't put up 40 in a quarter, it's a relative success.

    Free Moritz!

  7. #216
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,010

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Bryant's ACL tear could be a blessing in disguise for Washington.

    They can perhaps play some semblance of defense with Lopez or, more daring, let Moritz Wagner loose on an unsuspecting NBA. Kid can shoot and is big enough to bang a bit underneath. Park him at the three-point line and let him shoot 10 from distance a night. (This assumes that (1) Bradley Beal ever passes the ball, and (2) Russell Westbrook can actually pass up a relatively open 18 foot jumper.)

    You could worry about his defense, but nobody in DC plays defense. Ever. If the other team doesn't put up 40 in a quarter, it's a relative success.

    Free Moritz!
    I don't know if this is how it will play out, but I am here for the hotness of this take.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  8. #217
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,010

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Domantas Sabonis was unstoppable on Saturday night, erupting for 28 points, 22 rebounds and four assists in 41 minutes. Andre Drummond was incredible on Saturday vs the Bucks, logging 26 points, 24 rebounds, three assists, one steal and one block. They both lost.
    Seems like rebound stats don't mean as much as they used now that teams space the floor so much. It's not like previous eras where you had to beat a scrum of leviathans for a rebound.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  9. #218
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Seaso

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If you're watching at all, he's playing one handed.

    The pain tolerance has to be out of this world.
    Not exactly one handed, more like he favored his right hand in dribbling, driving, rebounding. The identification of his pain level is spot on. He was clearly hurting when players slapped at the ball when he held it.
    He was pretty effective though. He was less agressive all the time, so strangely he was better than some games when he gets too out of control and commmits fouls that take him off the floor.

  10. #219
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,905

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't know if this is how it will play out, but I am here for the hotness of this take.
    It was a bit hyperbolic.

    Just like Moritz's game.

    If you're not with us, you're against us. The nation of Moritz must rise!!

  11. Likes:

    M2 (01-10-2021),Revering4Blue (01-10-2021)

  12. #220
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,905

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Seaso

    Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Not exactly one handed, more like he favored his right hand in dribbling, driving, rebounding. The identification of his pain level is spot on. He was clearly hurting when players slapped at the ball when he held it.
    He was pretty effective though. He was less agressive all the time, so strangely he was better than some games when he gets too out of control and commmits fouls that take him off the floor.
    If I'm an opposing big, I'm attacking him on his right at all times. And when he has the ball, I'm slapping at it incessantly. I'm also challenging every shot.

  13. #221
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,851

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Porzingas back Monday for the Mavs...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  14. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-10-2021)

  15. #222
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,010

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    A few weeks ago we were hearing the Warriors were dead. Yet at the moment they're 6-4. Flawed team, but they seem to be figuring out how to play around those flaws. They won tonight when Steph couldn't buy a shot (2-16 FG).
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  16. #223
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,520

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    They even won a game in which Steph shot 2-16. That's something.

  17. #224
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    2,107

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    A few weeks ago we were hearing the Warriors were dead. Yet at the moment they're 6-4. Flawed team, but they seem to be figuring out how to play around those flaws. They won tonight when Steph couldn't buy a shot (2-16 FG).
    They're a different team with Draymond Green healthy. He impacts the game even if he doesn't score one point.

    Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

  18. Likes:

    M2 (01-11-2021)

  19. #225
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    They even won a game in which Steph shot 2-16. That's something.
    Is it? I would not be shocked if Steph drops 40 tomorrow/next game, Draymond has a triple double and they lose by 20. It would just be par for the course for a team this season.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator