Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    How long till Thibs gives Quickley the starting PG job? He's been outplaying Elf.
    Payton's just not the shooter than Quickley seems to be. In today's game, it seems as if shooting can paper over a lot of holes and mistakes. What's surprising about Quickley is that he's acclimated to PG with little problem. His vision and ability to handle the ball has been outstanding. (Two TO/36? From a rookie PG?) Really, though, what's the rush in making that switch? New York's not going to the playoffs despite their rosier current outlook. In fact, they need to lose a few games to drop into that lower lottery bracket. (No need to tank. Just develop young guys at key moments.)

Were I Thibs, I'd keep Quickley with the second unit for now. He and Toppin have a nice chemistry going. That change in energy is palpable too. A Knox/ Toppin/ Noel/ Quickley/ Rivers second unit has frantic puppy-piddling-on-the-carpet energy.

At this point, New York looks (dare I say) promising. I like Toppin. Randle's become a legitimate weapon. They need shooters. Badly.

This upcoming off-season, were I Leon Rose, I'd throw all the money at Kawhi Leonard, knowing that won't work. I'd then go after secondary guys like Dinwiddie and Fournier to round out my starting five (Dinwiddie/ Fournier/ Barrett/ Randle/ Robinson), with Quickley, Toppin, Knox, my draft pick wing, and Burks as a second unit. (Toppin at center? Knox at PF? Yup.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Randle's become a legitimate weapon.
    I was always confident Randle would get near his ceiling, whatever that was going to be, because the guy just wants it. He is just that dude that mentally will never settle as long as there is one person out there that doubts him. It would not shock me if he lands on an All Star team over the next couple years.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The Rockets have the potential of having 5 first-round picks in the 2022 draft. They own theirs, Milwaukee's, Brooklyn's, Detroits ( non-lottery, or other compensation hasn't been reached by then), and Portland's (non-lottery, or other compensation hasn't been reached by then. At least, that's what has been reported.

The Knicks and Hawks threw down the gauntlet to all other matinee games this season by playing a 91-84 I-don't-care fest.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Stray (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Rockets have the potential of having 5 first-round picks in the 2022 draft. They own theirs, Milwaukee's, Brooklyn's, Detroits ( non-lottery, or other compensation hasn't been reached by then), and Portland's (non-lottery, or other compensation hasn't been reached by then. At least, that's what has been reported.
    And that might be the double draft where they eliminate the post-HS bridge year.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

C.J., #1 in the NBA in 3-pts made (when he departed) and #1 in 3-pt % for anyone close to as many attempts that he was taking, will end up missing at least five games before he's reevaluated.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-18-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Ja Morant got back in a hurry.

10. Likes:

M2 (01-18-2021),Stray (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    And that might be the double draft where they eliminate the post-HS bridge year.
    the impact will likely begin this year with some guys going early that would not in most years....and then there will be 2022 college players that will return an additional year to avoid the 2022 draft. If that happens, it will not impact the lottery of the 2022 draft, but could cut into its depth.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

12. Likes:

M2 (01-18-2021),Revering4Blue (01-19-2021)

This Lakers team is on cruise control.....just coasting to easy wins. They start a 7 game road trip on Thursday in Milwaukee and it includes the 76'ers and Celtics....so they will not be able to coast to wins on the trip, but it will be interesting to see their record over those 7 games. They will begin the road trip undefeated in away games this season.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Really impressive little mic'd up clip during the game of Draymond Green coaching up Wiseman.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Luka Doncic hit 4-of-11 shots, missed all three of his 3-pointers and hit 7-of-8 free throws on his way to 15 points, seven rebounds, nine assists and three turnovers in Monday's 116-93 loss to the Raptors.

This is the kind of Defense the Homeless Raptors play. They completely shut down Curry about 10 days ago. Have shut down Dame numerous times. It's what they do.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Knicks and Hawks threw down the gauntlet to all other matinee games this season by playing a 91-84 I-don't-care fest.
    I had nothing to do this afternoon and watched this game in its entirety. That 3rd quarter was almost physically painful to watch. There's ugly and then there's whatever that game was.

17. Likes:

M2 (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    This Lakers team is on cruise control.....just coasting to easy wins. They start a 7 game road trip on Thursday in Milwaukee and it includes the 76'ers and Celtics....so they will not be able to coast to wins on the trip, but it will be interesting to see their record over those 7 games. They will begin the road trip undefeated in away games this season.
    This post didn't age well. Less than two hours later, the Lakers choke up a lead to the Warriors and lose by two, 115 - 113. Wiseman's line was ugly (5 TO in 13 minutes), but Oubre hit half his shots, and Wiggins killed LeBron (who also had an uncharacteristically poor offensive clunker).

I watched the Rockets/ Bulls highlights and really like the troika of Oladipo, Gordon, and Wood together. John Wall should help get them where they need to go as well.

But Boogie Cousins looked putrid. He's really struggled so far this season. So has PJ Tucker. Were I in the Houston front office, I'd be moving heaven and earth to find a PF to replace Tucker post haste.

Dallas could absolutely use him, and a James Johnson and 1st round pick for Tucker and Dante Exum trade makes sense for both squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    This post didn't age well. Less than two hours later, the Lakers choke up a lead to the Warriors and lose by two, 115 - 113. Wiseman's line was ugly (5 TO in 13 minutes), but Oubre hit half his shots, and Wiggins killed LeBron (who also had an uncharacteristically poor offensive clunker).
    I wish I would have known....I have gotten tired of watching them this year. It just does not seem hard, therefore it has not been exciting. I stayed with the game until the 3rd Quarter and GSW closed the lead to 2 points (I think), and then like a minute later the Lakers had stretched the lead back to 13 points. I decided I was going to bed only to wake up this morning and be surprised by the score alerts on my phone. I love hanging banners, but I get bored with the Lakers seasons when a team is at their peak. One of my favorite Lakers team was the Van Excel, Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell, Sedale Threatt, etc. teams that were fighting to make the playoffs. I also loved the total rebuild with Clarkson, DLo, Randle, Ingram teams where it was about improving as much as winning. Don't get me wrong, I loved Showtime, Shaq/Kobe, Kobe/Pau....but it gets to the point where I almost feel like wake me up when the playoffs start....and that sucks because I would much rather be locked in.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?