Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

CHA actually looks like an NBA team.

Is BKN the best in the East?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Is BKN the best in the East?
    Early returns look promising.

Their role players will have to be more aggressive in looking for their shots. Dinwiddie, Prince, Allen, and LeVert are going to have to score when Durant and Irving are double-teamed in the playoffs. Nash should probably limit the minutes he's giving to Landry Shamet. Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot showed in the bubble that he was plenty capable of big scoring nights, and he's big enough to play either wing. Seems like he should perhaps get those minutes while Shamet re-learns how to shoot.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 12-27-2020 at 09:31 PM.

CHA needs this give-away-night:

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Magic come from being down 94-77 after 3 quarters to winning 120-113 with a 43-19 4th quarter.

6. Likes:

adkindo (12-27-2020),Kingspoint (12-27-2020)

If there's optimism in Sacramento, there's certainly just cause for it. They have never been 2-0 in any of the past 16 seasons.

Cleveland is just destroying Philadelphia (minus Embiid, whose back is troubling him). What's interesting is that the Cavs are going super big-- and succeeding. Might be a presage of things to come. Smart teams should probably pay attention to this.

On another note, Cleveland isn't yet where they ought to be, but Collin Sexton is proving that he's an elite scorer-- and his defense has actually been passable so far this year. (Drummond helps.) Darius Garland may have made a leap forward too.

(That's part of that whole second season dance with really young players. Culvert and Garland are two examples who may have turned into really quality guys. De'Andre Hunter, Keldon Johnson, and Talen Horton-Tucker are a few others.)

Is Jrue Holiday hurt? The Knicks two PG went 16-22 and a perfect 7-7 from three in the Knicks' blowout win of the Bucks.

Good Julius Randle showed up. (He does that one out of every three games.) 8-17, 3-5, 29 points, 14 rebounds, 7 assists. Played Giannis evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Why can't both teams win out on the trade...Doncic to me is a generational talent however I think Young is going to be great in his own right...I give a slight edge to Luka at this point based on his overall game.
    because they are unlikely to both win.....at the end of these guys careers, one is likely to be materially better than the other. My real point is that I like everyone else feels Doncic is the better player and will have more success in his career if healthy....but then I watch Young and the dude has skills that very few possess. His handle and vision are hyper elite....and we all know he can stroke it. Maybe we are all caught up a little too much in the narrative, and the comparison between the two is actually much closer that what is being advertised?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Magic come from being down 94-77 after 3 quarters to winning 120-113 with a 43-19 4th quarter.
    Not a Magic fan per se, but always want them to do well. Orlando is just better when the Magic are relevant as I assume is the case with most smaller NBA cities. It seems like they have started hot several times in recent years, then slipped back to the 7th or 8th place in the East position. Is that accurate that they often have started hot over the last 5ish years?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    because they are unlikely to both win.....at the end of these guys careers, one is likely to be materially better than the other. My real point is that I like everyone else feels Doncic is the better player and will have more success in his career if healthy....but then I watch Young and the dude has skills that very few possess. His handle and vision are hyper elite....and we all know he can stroke it. Maybe we are all caught up a little too much in the narrative, and the comparison between the two is actually much closer that what is being advertised?
    Trae Young has turned the ball over 4.2 times per game in his career. Last year, he averaged nearly five TO a game. Five.

Doncic turned the ball over almost one less per game (and was just as ball-dominant as Young). He also found a way to rebound five more caroms than did Young. He also played a modicum of defense. In every facet of the game but scoring from 30 feet, Doncic is either the equal or superior of Young. It's not really close either.

Trae Young is a borderline All-Star.

Luka Doncic is an MVP candidate.

I have a hypothetical that can never be discussed on a Lakers board without an online brawl. How good would the "baby Lakers" be in 2020 if they remained intact? So no shedding payroll to sign Lebron and no Davis trade....just kept the young guys obtained in the rebuild. Not would they be as good as the Lebron Lakers in 2020 because the very likely answer is no....just how many games would they win in 2020-21?

Roster would likely looks something like....

Lonzo Ball / Darius Garland (if they kept pick?) / Isaac Bonga
    D'Angelo Russell / Jordan Clarkson / Josh Hart
    Brandon Ingram / Kyle Kuzma / Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
    Julius Randle / Larry Nance Jr. / Moritz Wagner
    Ivica Zubac / Thomas Bryant / Johnathan Williams

It is very unlikely this would be the exact roster because there is always the cause and effect of transactions that could have altered picks....but this could be the basic blueprint. What about this roster plus Lebron? I think there would have been a single year they would have had the cap space to add Lebron even if they did not clear space because the clearing of space was to get a 2nd All Star (PG 13) which did not happen.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Trae Young has turned the ball over 4.2 times per game in his career. Last year, he averaged nearly five TO a game. Five.

Doncic turned the ball over almost one less per game (and was just as ball-dominant as Young). He also found a way to rebound five more caroms than did Young. He also played a modicum of defense. In every facet of the game but scoring from 30 feet, Doncic is either the equal or superior of Young. It's not really close either.

Trae Young is a borderline All-Star.

Luka Doncic is an MVP candidate.
    If you think Doncic has the handle and court vision of Young, then I disagree. Young takes a back seat to no player in the league in regards to his handle and vision with the ball.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Kuzma has to start for AD tonight who is out with an ankle....so Kuz just goes 8 of 11 including 4 of 6 from 3 for 20 points, 3 Rebounds, 3 Assists and 2 blocks in the first half. I guess he really committed to the role of AD for the night.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Not a Magic fan per se, but always want them to do well. Orlando is just better when the Magic are relevant as I assume is the case with most smaller NBA cities. It seems like they have started hot several times in recent years, then slipped back to the 7th or 8th place in the East position. Is that accurate that they often have started hot over the last 5ish years?
    Yes, they have a bad habit of being good in small batches and bad in large batches and this usually lands them somewhere in a range between having a mid lottery pick and being a 7th/8th seed.

I have a hypothetical that can never be discussed on a Lakers board without an online brawl. How good would the "baby Lakers" be in 2020 if they remained intact? So no shedding payroll to sign Lebron and no Davis trade....just kept the young guys obtained in the rebuild. Not would they be as good as the Lebron Lakers in 2020 because the very likely answer is no....just how many games would they win in 2020-21?

Roster would likely looks something like....

Lonzo Ball / Darius Garland (if they kept pick?) / Isaac Bonga
    D'Angelo Russell / Jordan Clarkson / Josh Hart
    Brandon Ingram / Kyle Kuzma / Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
    Julius Randle / Larry Nance Jr. / Moritz Wagner
    Ivica Zubac / Thomas Bryant / Johnathan Williams

It is very unlikely this would be the exact roster because there is always the cause and effect of transactions that could have altered picks....but this could be the basic blueprint. What about this roster plus Lebron? I think there would have been a single year they would have had the cap space to add Lebron even if they did not clear space because the clearing of space was to get a 2nd All Star (PG 13) which did not happen.
    I don’t think that team makes the playoffs. It’s a below average shooting team that also isn’t very good on defense.

18. Likes:

M2 (12-28-2020)

Turn Off Ads?