Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

The Jazz being a half game out of the top spot in the West is fun. Who knew Jordan Clarkson was this good?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The Jazz being a half game out of the top spot in the West is fun. Who knew Jordan Clarkson was this good?
    That guy's a bucket and has been for a while. He's kind of the new Lou Williams.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I’ve watched half a quarter of this Boston Philly game. Does Embiid always flop this much?

Collin Sexton drops 42 points in a 2OT win over the Nets with Durant and Harden playing 50 minutes and Kyrie playing 48 minutes.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-20-2021),M2 (01-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I’ve watched half a quarter of this Boston Philly game. Does Embiid always flop this much?
    Wait...you watched part of a game involving Daniel Theis and you think Embiid flops?

Yowzers.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Wait...you watched part of a game involving Daniel Theis and you think Embiid flops?

Yowzers.
    Daniel Theis has never flopped or committed a foul, and he will stridently tell that to any referee he can find.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

SteelSD (01-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Daniel Theis has never flopped or committed a foul, and he will stridently tell that to any referee he can find.
    I'm shocked that the Celtics and Raptors can get through a game without Theis and Kyle Lowry each falling to the floor as if they were struck in their skulls by invisible sledgehammers every time they get within 10 feet of each other.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-20-2021)

Yowzers.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Collin Sexton drops 42 points in a 2OT win over the Nets with Durant and Harden playing 50 minutes and Kyrie playing 48 minutes.
    I watched that 2nd overtime. Now I can say I was there when Colin Sexton (20 points in a row in 2nd OT) melted a basketball floor (20 points in a row in 2nd OT), the Nets sneakers (20 points in a row in 2nd OT), and my projector lens (20 points in a row in 2nd OT).

The Cavs announcers could finish even fewer sentences than normal over the last few minutes of the game.

Edit...ok, it wasn't actually all 20 points for Sexton in the second overtime, but it sure felt like it.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 01-20-2021 at 10:31 PM.

--Ted Williams

14. Likes:

adkindo (01-20-2021),Kingspoint (01-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I just shook my head at that one. Theis should have been given two fouls and a Razzie for that.

--Ted Williams

I'm shocked that the Celtics and Raptors can get through a game without Theis and Kyle Lowry each falling to the floor as if they were struck in their skulls by invisible sledgehammers every time they get within 10 feet of each other.
    those are the best when you think there must be a sniper in the arena the way they react/go down.....then on replay, they were not even touched.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

17. Likes:

SteelSD (01-20-2021)

Sexton took a leap last year offensively.

He's taking another this year-- and his defense is finally coming along as well. (A 110 defensive rating may not sound all that great, but it's a heck of a lot better than his 118 last year or his 121 the year before. His little teardrop from the lane is a thing of beauty. And he's shooting 50% from three too.

It helps that Kyrie is guarding him, but the kid is putting up All-Star numbers.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-20-2021)

I just shook my head at that one. Theis should have been given two fouls and a Razzie for that.
    It was ridiculous on both counts.

A 7'3" guys as strong as Embiid is should never flop as much as Embiid, but the dude looks like a giraffe on roller skates out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    It was ridiculous on both counts.

A 7'3" guys as strong as Embiid is should never flop as much as Embiid, but the dude looks like a giraffe on roller skates out there.
    Yes, yes. You dislike the Sixers. I get it. Oh god, do I get it.

--Ted Williams

Cole Anthony with the 3 as time expires and the win for Orlando over the Twolves.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

23. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (01-21-2021)

Turn Off Ads?