Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1013

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

  1. #616
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    13,715

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Enter Steph Curry.

    Dribbles, creates an open shot for Tobias Harris. 3.0 seconds left. Bucket!!!

    Lakers Lose! Lakers Lose!
    I understand that there have been so many hot Curry takes recently so it would be easy to confuse things but I think you have a typo.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #617
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,728

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    What was with that shove LeBron gave Embiid last night? That was not cool, or smart (because he does not want other guys to start doing that to him).
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  4. #618
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What was with that shove LeBron gave Embiid last night? That was not cool, or smart (because he does not want other guys to start doing that to him).
    He was chippy with Embiid from early in the game.....have a feeling that he does like care much for the guy. Not sure if that is related to Simmons or where it originated.

    btw, I definitely do not think it was a F2 as Embiid is claiming.....I actually think the shove in the back from Gasol had more of an impact on the way he fell.
    Last edited by adkindo; 01-28-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  5. Likes:

    M2 (01-28-2021),Revering4Blue (01-28-2021)

  6. #619
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Utah Jazz, best record in the league.
    And a win last night against a Dallas team missing only Kleber (they're finally getting healthy), and without Mitchell and Favors.

    Should a fun re-match on Friday night.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

  7. #620
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,497

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    They are flat killing teams in this win streak too. They beat Denver by 4 in a good close game. Every other win has been by double digits and some of them have been complete blow outs.
    To your point, this from ESPN: During their 10-game winning streak, the Jazz have trailed for a total of 57 seconds in the fourth quarter. New York held a one-point lead to start the fourth in its 108-94 loss on Tuesday before Clarkson helped Utah take the lead for good with his first basket of the quarter.

  8. Likes:

    BuckeyeRed27 (01-28-2021),Revering4Blue (01-28-2021)

  9. #621
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,741

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    During Jordan's career, his 3-point rate was .327, during an era where high-volume treys were taken primarily by specialists. His career rate stood at 96.2% of his peers (again, mainly three-point specialists) and posted his highest rates during seasons in which he took his highest volume of three point shots.
    Which was part of my point, Steel.

    Jordan would have to improve a great deal as a shooter to play as prominent a role in today's NBA. Basically, without improvement from deep, he's Jimmy Butler. Which is still great, btw. But he would have to improve.

    LeBron's game, as is, translates into literally any era as its GOAT.

    He's a 6'10" brawler built like a linebacker with a ballerina's grace and an elite point guard's vision.

  10. #622
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,728

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    .I actually think the shove in the back from Gasol had more of an impact on the way he fell.
    Yeah, that was a modified Malachi Crunch.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  11. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-28-2021)

  12. #623
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,896

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What was with that shove LeBron gave Embiid last night? That was not cool, or smart (because he does not want other guys to start doing that to him).
    Had that been any player other than LeBron James, they would have been tossed. I honestly had a lot more respect for LeBron before last night's game. He'd always been very respectful of the Sixers and he and Simmons have always been tight.

    But that shove and his reaction afterwards were completely bush league.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  13. #624
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,728

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Had that been any player other than LeBron James, they would have been tossed. I honestly had a lot more respect for LeBron before last night's game. He'd always been very respectful of the Sixers and he and Simmons have always been tight.

    But that shove and his reaction afterwards were completely bush league.
    Two thoughts on that:

    1) Clearly LeBron didn't like having a player/team go right at him. More teams need to be doing that.

    2) Next time they meet, is Dwight going to be willing to play enforcer?
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  14. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-28-2021)

  15. #625
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,896

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Which was part of my point, Steel.

    Jordan would have to improve a great deal as a shooter to play as prominent a role in today's NBA. Basically, without improvement from deep, he's Jimmy Butler. Which is still great, btw. But he would have to improve.

    LeBron's game, as is, translates into literally any era as its GOAT.

    He's a 6'10" brawler built like a linebacker with a ballerina's grace and an elite point guard's vision.
    Like any other sport, we can equalize for era while performing any analysis. The gap is that you view Jordan's three point rates as a lack of skill. But his rates were pretty clearly a result of circumstance and environment. Jordan COULD shoot threes at a high rate, he just didn't have to. It wasn't expected or necessary. But go check his stats. Take a look at his seasonal rates when he took @3.0 or more threes per game. See what you find.

    You also seem to think that LeBron James' size would play the same way in Jordan's era as it does today. You need to consider that as players in Jordan's era played more consistently closer to the basket. LeBron wouldn't have nearly as much space to operate and would consistently be faced with players that were tougher and, frankly, meaner than those around today.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  16. #626
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,741

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Like any other sport, we can equalize for era while performing any analysis. The gap is that you view Jordan's three point rates as a lack of skill. But his rates were pretty clearly a result of circumstance and environment. Jordan COULD shoot threes at a high rate, he just didn't have to. It wasn't expected or necessary. But go check his stats. Take a look at his seasonal rates when he took @3.0 or more threes per game. See what you find.

    You also seem to think that LeBron James' size would play the same way in Jordan's era as it does today. You need to consider that as players in Jordan's era played more consistently closer to the basket. LeBron wouldn't have nearly as much space to operate and would consistently be faced with players that were tougher and, frankly, meaner than those around today.
    Jordan was an average shooter from long distance in his era. Were he to change eras, he wouldn't magically get better at it. 23 feet is still 23 feet. He would be expected to take more three-point shots-- and to be a better marksman when he did take them. In taking more three-point shots (as players of this era do), his shooting percentages would almost definitely go down. He would have to work on that shot's accuracy to ensure his GOAT label.

    LeBron would have to work at nothing beyond, apparently, some vague notion of "toughness." (Somewhere in Atlanta, I'm sure Charles Barkley is nodding in agreement with your argument. Which is all I need to say to repudiate your argument.)

  17. #627
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,497

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    The first 10 years of Jordan's career were played with a three point line that is almost 2 feet further out than the current line.

  18. #628
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The first 10 years of Jordan's career were played with a three point line that is almost 2 feet further out than the current line.
    Incorrect.

    For three seasons beginning in 1994–95, the NBA attempted to address decreased scoring by shortening the distance of the line from 23 ft 9 in (7.24 m) (22 ft (6.71 m) at the corners) to a uniform 22 ft (6.71 m) around the basket. From the 1997–98 season on, the NBA reverted the line to its original distance of 23 ft 9 in (22 ft at the corners, with a 3-inch differential).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-point_field_goal
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

  19. Likes:

    Boston Red (01-28-2021)

  20. #629
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,497

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Can we just pretend I was right even though I was completely wrong?

  21. Likes:

    klw (01-31-2021),M2 (01-28-2021)

  22. #630
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Can we just pretend I was right even though I was completely wrong?
    Sure.

    GOAT arguments are circular anyway.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator