Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Ja Morant wheeled off the court. Reports are calling it a high ankle sprain. Nets in a tussle with the Grizzlies, minus Irving and Durant.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    When Trae was drafted, people said he reminded them of Steph Curry. Well, three years later, he is much better than Steph.
    I am not ready to go that far....and I have never been a big Steph fan, but I still think he could be an MVP level contender if on a contending roster.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Smooth? Meh. It might sell tickets. Effective wins games.

And Doncic is just as effective, all things considered.

That works out to about 50 extra opposing team possessions over the course of each season they've played so far.

That's a bunch.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a hot take.
    I agree that Doncic may just as an effective passer.....again, I am a guy that believes Doncic is probably a future NBA MVP.

One more thing about TO's....Lebron has been running at the 15-16% TO rate in recent years and about 4 TO's per game. It is just a result of the guys that have the ball often and required to create offense for others are going to turn the ball over at a decent clip compared to a 3&D guy.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Is my guy Josh Jackson starting to show signs of turning his career around in Detroit?
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Why is Durant and Kyrie resting on the same night?
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I know they are compared because they were traded for one another, but comparing a PG to a PF is like apples and oranges. Comparing Trae with other PGs is more interesting. Like the last game where the stats and the result show Trae outplaying Jah Morant, who is much improved and may be joining the NBA elite (I didn’t see the game, just the stats).
    When Trae was drafted, people said he reminded them of Steph Curry. Well, three years later, he is much better than Steph.
    What now? You could maybe make an argument that in year 3 Young is better. He’s not, but I could at least entertain the argument, so I’m guessing you meant that and not that Trae Young is a better player than Steph in general.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    What now? You could maybe make an argument that in year 3 Young is better. He’s not, but I could at least entertain the argument, so I’m guessing you meant that and not that Trae Young is a better player than Steph in general.
    Yes. I mean currently. Curry and the Warriors look awful right now. After 3 games, Steph is shooting 25% from 3 pt range, and he is taking bad shots.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Why is Durant and Kyrie resting on the same night?
    Durant I can get coming back from injury, but Kyrie I have no idea. He didn't even play in the bubble. Pretty weak imo.

Is my guy Josh Jackson starting to show signs of turning his career around in Detroit?
    I hope so. He's performed well in spurts in his career, but never really found a home that needed him or gave him consistent PT. Detroit isn't exactly bursting at the seams with talent, so maybe he can make it work there. He's a solid player.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-30-2020)

55 points from the bench last night vs. Detroit gets Hawks to a 3-0 start. Next 2 games should be good barometer of where the teams stands: @ Brooklyn 12/30 and 1/1.

Notes From Last Night:

Enes Kanter and Jusuf Nurkic had massive games against the Lakers' AD, Harrell, and Gasol. 11-16, 26 rebounds, and six assists between the two of them. Kanter in particular destroyed Harrell all night, resulting in Harrell's -20 box score.

The Hawks' bench won the game for them against Detroit. Rondo and Bogdanovich (11-18/ 5-7 3P%) dominated. Moving forward, that bench may prove remarkably helpful.

Is Luguentz Dort making a leap? Given all the playing time he wants, Dort's averaging 20+ ppg. More importantly, he's shooting well from deep. Last night, he scored 26 and went 5-7 from three. It wasn't enough against the Jazz, but keep and eye on him.

Nikola Jukic had himself a game: 8/11, 12 rebounds, 18 assists. My goodness. Paul Millsap went 7-8 as a PF. PJ Tucker had no answer for him, nor did Christian Wood solve Jokic. (Boogie would have helped. Alas, Covid protocols.) Wood's still learning, so I'm giving him a pass (for now). But PJ? If Tucker's just going through the motions, what good is he?

Caris LeVert and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot got the start last night. LeVert's already in the rotation and should get plenty of play. He ended up with 5 steals against an undermanned Griz guard rotation. He also showed some vision, with 11 assists. That's the type of third "star" the Nets will need moving forward. But Luwawu-Cabarrot might be the key. He can shoot and has size enough to move between positions. If he can play sixth man, he becomes a weapon.

^^^Gary Trent Jr. was the difference in the Lakers/Portland game. He could not miss for stretches.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-29-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

^^^Gary Trent Jr. was the difference in the Lakers/Portland game. He could not miss for stretches.
    He's going to make some serious coin in the future. It's only a matter of time before McCollum is moved to make room for him.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Notes From Last Night:

Enes Kanter and Jusuf Nurkic had massive games against the Lakers' AD, Harrell, and Gasol. 11-16, 26 rebounds, and six assists between the two of them. Kanter in particular destroyed Harrell all night, resulting in Harrell's -20 box score.
    It's obviously very early, but it appears as though the Lakers screwed the pooch by replacing Howard and McGee with An end-of-the-line Gasol and Harrell, an undersized big who cannot, as of now, stretch the floor.

For once, it appears as though the Clippers may have one-upped them there. Ibaka and Zubac > Gasol and Harrell by a considerable margin.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

20. Likes:

BillDoran (12-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That team has a serious gag reflex. Got to figure Scott Brooks won't last long if that continues. Coaches are supposed to prevent/fix exactly that sort of thing.
    Brooks should seriously think about staggering the minutes of certain players to create a better defense/offense lineup dynamic. For example: Start Lopez at center (to pick up early fouls instead of TC) along with Bertans at PF, and then go with Bryant, who would still play the lion's share of minutes at C, and Hachimura (when he gets healthy) at PF.

22. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (12-29-2020),M2 (12-29-2020)

Turn Off Ads?