Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Obi Toppin playing for the Knicks:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/s...14347954196480
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Obi Toppin is the guy screaming "I'm open" at every opportunity in every sport in every town in America. (And at least half the towns in Canada.)

Knicks deal for Derrick Rose.

Dennis Smith, Jr., and a 2nd rounder for a guy in the last few months of his contract.

That'll almost assuredly affect the minutes of Quickley, who plays the same position (in largely the same way).

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Dennis Smith, Jr., and a 2nd rounder for a guy in the last few months of his contract.

That'll almost assuredly affect the minutes of Quickley, who plays the same position (in largely the same way).
    I would like to note Dennis Smith Jr. is also in the last few months of his contract. He's off to China, Europe or the G-League after this season (or maybe before it ends).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Always thought Smith Jr would be a good player...athletic as all get out but can't shoot a lick from outside.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

7. Likes:

adkindo (02-08-2021),Revering4Blue (02-07-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I would like to note Dennis Smith Jr. is also in the last few months of his contract. He's off to China, Europe or the G-League after this season (or maybe before it ends).
    New York beat out Milwaukee, Miami and the Clippers in the race for Rose for one simple reason: Unlike the other teams pursuing Rose, the Knicks weren't lacking in draft capital; The key to any deal involving Rose.

At this point, Charlotte's second rounder this year (the pick reportedly heading to Detroit in this deal) is projected via FiveThirtyEight to land around pick #38 in a 'better' draft than this past one. Low bar, I know... And, if nothing else in his short term as Pistons' GM, Troy Weaver has at least demonstrated the ability to, well, draft as opposed to his predecessor, SVG. Again, another low bar, but I digress...

I suspect, given the poor start to the season - though, IMO, they've suffered several hard luck losses (including last night in LA), and aren't as poor as their record when intact and healthy - the plan is to give Delon Wright, Saben Lee and now, Smith Jr. the lion's share of PG minutes, allowing the currently injured Hayes to be brought along slowly, and Wright can also be spend time at PG if Ellington (who may have some trade value) is moved.

Another possible angle: Fellow former 2017 draft bust, Josh Jackson has prospered under Casey's watch. Perhaps they feel as though lightening may strike twice with DSjr. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If not, they have no obligation to Smith Jr. after this season.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 02-07-2021 at 11:29 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Always thought Smith Jr would be a good player...athletic as all get out but can't shoot a lick from outside.
    I thought he and Tatum would compete for ROY, mainly because I thought he'd get the best opportunity for playing time.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-08-2021 at 12:50 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Has there been one game this year where both teams have had their full Top-8 rotation players available? Top-7? Top-6? Starting 5?

I would love to watch just one game like this.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The gap from 4th (Phoenix) to 13th (OKC/NoLa) in the West is 2.5 games.
    And, DAL is 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    still recall that dunk at the end of the win over Duke! I thought DSJ was one of the players in that draft that would have an impact in the league.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-08-2021)

The Spurs are 14-10. How are they still alive?

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

G-League.

Bad 4th Qtr for Sexton

1. DeRozan's been given the reins as a play-maker, and he's been adept at it.

2. They have a lot of guys they can throw at the game who are all about the same level.

3. Pop's a wizard.

Wes Matthews appeared to be out of the rotation for the foreseeable future picking up 4 straight DNPCD's....then with AD and Caruso out last night, Matthews comes off the bench to help win the game. The Lakers do not win the game without Wes. It will be interesting to see if he returns to the rotation or a reserved seat at the end of the bench.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?