Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Tony Rice

RIP Tony Rice

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/28/a...rice-dead.html

Some of my favorite playing by him here with Dawg.

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Likes:

Roy Tucker (12-29-2020),westofyou (12-29-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Tony Rice

He'd have a lot of the morning time slots of festivals I attended in the past. Although I'm not too familiar with his music, I know he had a huge influence on a lot of the bands and artists I listen to
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

He was an innovator for sure, his work with JD Crowe is ground breaking

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He was an innovator for sure, his work with JD Crowe is ground breaking
    First thing I went for this morning after learning he passed. I love this video- JD Crowe and the New South. Tony's doing a lot of singing here.
    JD Crowe,Tony Rice, Ricky Skaggs, Jerry Douglas, Bobby Slone. Look at those outfits and the hair!
    Filmed in Louisville, where they were based:

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

7. Likes:

Roy Tucker (12-29-2020),westofyou (12-29-2020)

Turn Off Ads?