Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Shogo On In-Season Adjustments He Made to Stick In Majors

Shogo On In-Season Adjustments He Made to Stick In Majors

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/co...ting_approach/

This is really cool. You’re welcome.

Sounds like he realized he was on the verge of washing out, he made a drastic change in his approach and expects more power next year as he perfects it.

I’m excited to see Shogo for a full 162 games. I think he’s going to bat over .300.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-04-2021),757690 (12-31-2020),919191 (05-02-2021),BillDoran (12-31-2020),Bob Sheed (12-31-2020),Bourgeois Zee (12-31-2020),CaiGuy (01-01-2021),cincinnati chili (12-31-2020),Danny Serafini (12-31-2020),Hamilton95 (04-03-2021),klw (12-31-2020),LaFlamaBlanca (05-01-2021),M2 (12-31-2020),Mitri (01-01-2021),Patrick Bateman (12-31-2020),Red Raindog (12-31-2020),RichRed (12-31-2020),Ron Madden (12-31-2020),Spider Tre (12-31-2020),SteelSD (01-01-2021),Tom Servo (12-31-2020),wally post (12-31-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shogo On In-Season Adjustments He Made to Stick In Majors

That was a very interesting and detailed video. Really spelled out the adjustment instead of just leaving at making an adjustment.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (12-31-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Talent is the ability to effectively apply skill in an appropriate situation.

Taking your current skill-set, recognizing it isn't working, and then doing something else -- while in the major leagues -- is a truly amazing and impressive feat. Only the most talented in the world can do that. And even not all of them.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

BillDoran (12-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    That was a very interesting and detailed video. Really spelled out the adjustment instead of just leaving at making an adjustment.
    I really enjoyed the baseball on a stick!

9. Likes:

BillDoran (12-31-2020)

Baseball on a stick was great.

Thanks for the link. Big fan of Shogo, hope he can start lifting the ball - at least deeper into the gaps - in 21.

The video is a reminder that what the Reds got in Shogo is a pro player. The players who succeed are the ones who can adjust, and he immediately started making adjustments in MLB. Really looking forward to what he does this season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

12. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-03-2021),Old school 1983 (01-02-2021)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Shogo Akiyama (hamstring strain) will report to Louisville to continue his rehab at the alternate site. No timetable set yet for his return to the big-league club, but he's playing catch and hitting off a tee.

Akiyama said that his wife is doing better than him with a laugh. She was injured in a park in February but doing much better now.

14. Likes:

goreds2 (04-03-2021),Hamilton95 (04-03-2021),LeDoux (04-04-2021),Old school 1983 (04-03-2021)

Reds can take their time with Shogo. Too bad Louisville isn't playing real games, I'd love for Shogo to continue working on his approach for a bit in AAA.

Reds will have a big roster decision to make once Shogo returns. Winker/Senzel/Cast/Shogo/Aquino/Naquin is a good gaggle of OFs. As we witnessed this weekend, Reds lack LH punch on the bench, so I would be inclined to keep Naquin around. But that creates an Aquino dilemma. I'd hate to see the Reds give him away, but if he could fetch a solid prospect I'm guessing there are 5-10 MLB who would be interested in adding him. I'd love to see them keep all 6 OFs and work Senzel into some backup IF (2B/1B) but that may have to wait until next year. Naquin and AA are out of options, Blandino still has one.

They could go with one less reliever until an injury helps the decision, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Reds can take their time with Shogo. Too bad Louisville isn't playing real games, I'd love for Shogo to continue working on his approach for a bit in AAA.

Reds will have a big roster decision to make once Shogo returns. Winker/Senzel/Cast/Shogo/Aquino/Naquin is a good gaggle of OFs. As we witnessed this weekend, Reds lack LH punch on the bench, so I would be inclined to keep Naquin around. But that creates an Aquino dilemma. I'd hate to see the Reds give him away, but if he could fetch a solid prospect I'm guessing there are 5-10 MLB who would be interested in adding him. I'd love to see them keep all 6 OFs and work Senzel into some backup IF (2B/1B) but that may have to wait until next year. Naquin and AA are out of options, Blandino still has one.

They could go with one less reliever until an injury helps the decision, too.
    Shogo won't be here until needed. I fully expect the Reds to let him take his time to come back with the injury and the injuries to his wife. He had little to no Spring Training at all.

Aquino needs to keep slugging good enough for AL team to want to "need him as a DH. " - hopefully a trade can be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Shogo won't be here until needed. I fully expect the Reds to let him take his time to come back with the injury and the injuries to his wife. He had little to no Spring Training at all.

Aquino needs to keep slugging good enough for AL team to want to "need him as a DH. " - hopefully a trade can be found.
    If Aquino plays decently might be enough for the Indians to trade Rosario for him and a prospect or two.

I'm not sure the Reds see Rosario as a better option than what they have now.

I think the Reds see what they've got with the current alignment and then deal for Story around the ASB if they look like contenders.

I'll be REALLY surprised if we trade for Story.

I'd like to see Reds drag their feet on Shogo for a while. Send him on rehab assignment etc. I assume he can do a rehab at alternate site. So we can get a better feel for what we have in Aquino/Naquin/Senzel before we have to make a decision.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-05-2021)

Shogo Akiyama is expected to be activated from the injured list within the next week after he was sidelined with a left hamstring strain. Rehabbing at the alternate site, he went 2-for-4 in a scrimmage Friday in Columbus with two singles, a groundout to the pitcher and a lineout to center. He played seven innings in the outfield.

One of Akiyama’s two hits in Friday’s scrimmage against Cleveland’s alternate site roster was an infield single. It was a good test for his hamstring. He’s felt fine playing in the outfield.

“Right now, I’m just at the point where I’m racking those numbers of at-bats,” Akiyama said, according to team interpreter Luke Shinoda. “I know the trainers do have a plan and they have that plan laid out for me. I’m just getting those out of the way right now. I’m at the point where if they call me up, I’m ready.”
    Bobby Nightengale, Cincinnati.com

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-01-2021),Tom Servo (05-01-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

His return will be great for the team if Winker continues to have back issues.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-01-2021)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Shogo Akiyama is scheduled to play 7-9 innings, weather permitting, at Triple-A Louisville tonight.

26. Likes:

SirFelixCat (05-04-2021)

Turn Off Ads?