Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

I don't remember a case that's saddened me like this one. I'd like to hear theories on where he might be, and what exactly happened to her.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

He killed her. He's hiding. And yes, I think it's pretty sad too.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    He killed her. He's hiding. And yes, I think it's pretty sad too.
    I think he's no longer with us on earth.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I think he's no longer with us on earth.
    He's probably not in the USA. Certainly not in that State Park/Preserve. Possibly never ever went there.

If he had wanted to kill himself, there were better ways to do it.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Apparently it has been confirmed that he and his parents were at a camp 75 miles away from their home when they went on the camping trip. People at (or working at) the camp confirmed that three people entered the camp, and 2 days later the parents left in the same vehicle they arrived in. A deputy was there today, but left because it was getting dark, and tomorrow LE will be there. I know Dog The Bounty Hunter has been surrounded by controversy and has done some pretty dangerous stuff, but the guy knows how to find fugitives. He's got a lot of clout, and tips have been pouring in to him. He's said that he will cooperate with LE on the matter. He and others are saying on YouTube that Brian will be found within 48 hours.

EDIT: the camp is Fort De Soto Park

Sad story, incredibly pathetic that it's generating this much news

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-28-2021),dabvu2498 (09-29-2021),Kinsm (09-28-2021),WrongVerb (09-28-2021)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Apparently it has been confirmed that he and his parents were at a camp 75 miles away from their home when they went on the camping trip. People at (or working at) the camp confirmed that three people entered the camp, and 2 days later the parents left in the same vehicle they arrived in. A deputy was there today, but left because it was getting dark, and tomorrow LE will be there. I know Dog The Bounty Hunter has been surrounded by controversy and has done some pretty dangerous stuff, but the guy knows how to find fugitives. He's got a lot of clout, and tips have been pouring in to him. He's said that he will cooperate with LE on the matter. He and others are saying on YouTube that Brian will be found within 48 hours.

EDIT: the camp is Fort De Soto Park
    Fort de Soto is a seaside park. A good escape for Brian could have been in a small boat (at night) to somewhere further up (or down) the Florida coast. From there...wherever.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Sad story, incredibly pathetic that it's generating this much news
    I don’t know why it’s pathetic. It’s human nature. We pay attention to things that we can relate to. Just this year alone, there have probably been about 70 homicides in Cincinnati, most of which involved another crime. I don’t want anybody to die in a homicide, but they don’t keep me awake at night.

But, if in my neighborhood there were suddenly three software engineers that had their heads bashed in with a crowbar, that would get my attention. A lot of people are probably looking at this young girl and can relate, and apparently no one else saw it coming.

Unfair, maybe, but pathetic, no.

It’s pathetic because the other thousands of homicide victims and tens of thousands of missing each year aren’t given this attention because they aren’t attractive 20 something white women.

Sure, but by that definition everything has been pathetic since the dawn of time. People tend to care about only what relates to them. Heck, a half million women were raped and murdered in Rwanda 25 years ago, and most people couldn’t even find it on a map. Everything is media driven and it has always been that way.

But I don’t want to detract with politics. It was just an observation. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Sure, but by that definition everything has been pathetic since the dawn of time. People tend to care about only what relates to them. Heck, a half million women were raped and murdered in Rwanda 25 years ago, and most people couldn’t even find it on a map. Everything is media driven and it has always been that way.

But I don’t want to detract with politics. It was just an observation. No big deal.
    Pathetic is a strong word I suppose, it's the obsession of the media that drives me mad... Dog the Bounty Hunter? Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Pathetic is a strong word I suppose, it's the obsession of the media that drives me mad... Dog the Bounty Hunter? Ugh
    Yes, it is nauseating to see the same articles posted over and over and over by the media, on various websites. They'll slightly change the wording of said article and post it again. It's not going to make me buy their products.

Having said that, LE has been focused on a damn swamp when the whole time Brian's parents (and very likely him) were at a campground 75 miles away. Dog The Bounty Hunter was the one who received that tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    It’s pathetic because the other thousands of homicide victims and tens of thousands of missing each year aren’t given this attention because they aren’t attractive 20 something white women.
    There is an entire subculture of true murder docs and podcasts - while many are indeed young white woman, not all are. This one hits home for a number of reasons, which is why its generating so much attention. I agree with you about thousand of missing folks each year that don't generate this much information, but that doesn't mean this one shouldn't generate any attention. They should all generate as much attention as the other idiotic stuff in the news daily.

How does it hit home for you, anymore so than others?

It hits home to anybody that has kids. As a parent, I’m not afraid of getting cancer, getting in a car accident, being shot, having a stroke, or anything like that. if it happens, it happens. But my kids? Even though they are between ages 18 and 33, I don’t think an hour goes by where I don’t wonder if they’re OK. It would be my worst nightmare if anything happened to them. It’s just part of our DNA, and it never goes away.

So yeah, when I read about this girl, who did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and didn’t take any unnecessary risks, it hits home as a reminder that it could happen to anyone, no matter how remote the chances could be. I’d feel the same way about a young black or Latino girl as well, but you’ll have to talk to the media about that.

18. Likes:

OldFashionedRed (09-28-2021),oneupper (09-28-2021)

Turn Off Ads?