Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020 Part III: Bucknuts on Sand Mountain

Re: College Football 2020 Part III: Bucknuts on Sand Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    TT going pro hurts big time. The Buckeyes haven’t been recruiting well at DT at all. TT was the best of the bunch. They have nobody quality on the roster to replace him. Will probably have to look at the transfer portal.
    They still have a legit chance at the #1 DT in this recruiting class. If Taron Vincent can stay healthy I still have a lot of hope for him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    They still have a legit chance at the #1 DT in this recruiting class. If Taron Vincent can stay healthy I still have a lot of hope for him.
    This should be a big selling point to Tuimolau. “You have a very good chance of playing right away and often.”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

This should be a big selling point to Tuimolau. “You have a very good chance of playing right away and often.”
    I thought he was going to Ohio State, but it appears Alabama is tying to make a late push?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I thought he was going to Ohio State, but it appears Alabama is tying to make a late push?
    His crystal ball is 92% OSU 8% Washington. But Bama is Bama. Who knows.

His crystal ball is 92% OSU 8% Washington. But Bama is Bama. Who knows.
    I may not be up to speed, but I thought I recall reading something like that about him a few weeks ago because I think he is the highest rated uncommitted. I would think a guy in his position in choosing between Bama and Ohio State, a big part would be where am I likely to contribute the quickest so I can get my 3 years in and become a millionaire.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I may not be up to speed, but I thought I recall reading something like that about him a few weeks ago because I think he is the highest rated uncommitted. I would think a guy in his position in choosing between Bama and Ohio State, a big part would be where am I likely to contribute the quickest so I can get my 3 years in and become a millionaire.
    I think if he goes to OSU he will either start right away or play significant playing time immediately while competing for a national championship. I don’t know Bama’s DT situation, but I am sure they are loaded at that position. He will likely sit until the following season. This is an incredibly rare situation at OSU. They almost never have holes on the defensive line. They had a few DT busts and TT went pro before anyone expected. Also, one of his best friends, Ebuka, has already signed with OSU. He is from the state of Washington so the Huskies are definitely in play. It’s down to OSU, Bama, and UW. I think he will pick OSU, but when Bama is involved it’s never surprising when they swoop in at the last minute and pick your pocket on a recruit. That safety, Battle, is a good example. He had been committed to OSU for a year and a half. The week of signing day he flipped to Bama. Nobody saw it coming.

It's great that Olave is coming back. It's going to set up the next QB really well to have 2 1st round WRs to start his career. However, I'd guess that means one or two transfers are coming. There's way too much talent in the WR room with Wilson and Olave plus 2 2020 5*s and the #1 2021 WR in addition to multiple highly ranked 4*s. I'm guessing there will be more rotation next year like we've seen in the past, but there's still not enough playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    It's great that Olave is coming back. It's going to set up the next QB really well to have 2 1st round WRs to start his career. However, I'd guess that means one or two transfers are coming. There's way too much talent in the WR room with Wilson and Olave plus 2 2020 5*s and the #1 2021 WR in addition to multiple highly ranked 4*s. I'm guessing there will be more rotation next year like we've seen in the past, but there's still not enough playing time.
    I think it will be Fleming and Babb. People are going to freak out over Fleming, but he didn’t impress much his freshman year and was clearly outplayed by JSN. Gee might transfer too. I’m ok with it, the incoming 21 class is better than the 20 class outside of JSN anyways.

Honestly shocked he is returning because I saw him on most mock boards going the 2nd day of the draft. I am all for college guys returning, but to be a high draft pick and in the process of a QB change definitely would appear risky from the outside.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Honestly shocked he is returning because I saw him on most mock boards going the 2nd day of the draft. I am all for college guys returning, but to be a high draft pick and in the process of a QB change definitely would appear risky from the outside.
    I said this to a friend of mine and think I’m right:

He's also humble, he knows if OSU didn't discover a random 3 star in CA nobody big was recruiting when they were out there looking at someone else he would have ended up at like Cal and wouldn't have made it to the NFL.

I think he and Ruckert staying says they are very confident in CJ Strouds ability. They are both betting on themselves to make another step forward next year and increase their draft stock. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he spoke to some folks in the know and was advised he might slip to the 3rd or 4th round because of his size. If Stroud is as good as I think he will be 2021 might be special.

I don’t think any of the top guys like Flemming will go. God willing we have a normal season this year, there is plenty of playing time and then there are 2 or maybe even 3 starting spots available in 22.
    Wilson Olave JSN is the main group.
    Williams Flemming Scott will rotate.
    Battle for the garbage time rotation and wouldn’t shock me if Embuka gets into the two deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I don’t think any of the top guys like Flemming will go. God willing we have a normal season this year, there is plenty of playing time and then there are 2 or maybe even 3 starting spots available in 22.
    Wilson Olave JSN is the main group.
    Williams Flemming Scott will rotate.
    Battle for the garbage time rotation and wouldn’t shock me if Embuka gets into the two deep.
    It was a weird season with limited offseason. Expecting a freshman like Fleming to come in and contribute right away in a year like this is not very realistic, so it's way too early to consider him a bust. Even Wilson last year didn't get a lot of playing time until later in the year, but there were only 6 games this season. It's possible that Fleming could leave because he wants to be the #1 option, but I doubt OSU has lost faith in him.

It was a weird season with limited offseason. Expecting a freshman like Fleming to come in and contribute right away in a year like this is not very realistic, so it's way too early to consider him a bust. Even Wilson last year didn't get a lot of playing time until later in the year, but there were only 6 games this season. It's possible that Fleming could leave because he wants to be the #1 option, but I doubt OSU has lost faith in him.
    If Fleming wants to be the #1 option he needs to up his game. No excuses.

If Fleming wants to be the #1 option he needs to up his game. No excuses.
    Regardless of how he plays, the odds of Fleming surpassing both Olave and Wilson, who are likely 2022 1st round picks, is very slim. You can look back at last year's Alabama team to see that Waddle and Smith, who are incredible, were playing behind Ruggs and Jeudy. I think Fleming should stay, but a guy ranked that high wants to go pro after his junior year. I'm sure he was pitched the idea that he would be replacing Olave when Olave leaves in 2021, but that didn't happen. He's not going to have quite the opportunity that he was probably expecting. I hope he stays but can't fault him if he doesn't.

I have actually seen him mostly at the end of the first round. I can't believe he's coming back and hope he doesn't come to regret it going into next year's draft. It's similar to Etienne last year. I don't know how much he can raise his draft stock next year. Olave a great receiver, but doesn't have the elite physical tools that would probably push him into the top of the first round. Then again, a lot of people thought the same about Devonta Smith coming into this season, so who knows.

Turn Off Ads?