Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: College Football 2020 Part III: Bucknuts on Sand Mountain

Re: College Football 2020 Part III: Bucknuts on Sand Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Regardless of how he plays, the odds of Fleming surpassing both Olave and Wilson, who are likely 2022 1st round picks, is very slim. You can look back at last year's Alabama team to see that Waddle and Smith, who are incredible, were playing behind Ruggs and Jeudy. I think Fleming should stay, but a guy ranked that high wants to go pro after his junior year. I'm sure he was pitched the idea that he would be replacing Olave when Olave leaves in 2021, but that didn't happen. He's not going to have quite the opportunity that he was probably expecting. I hope he stays but can't fault him if he doesn't.
    I have seen no evidence to show Fleming would beat out JSN and Williams on the depth chart next year. And then he has Egbuka, Harris, and Harrison Jr coming in next year. Then the 2022 class

Frankly, if I was Fleming I would transfer. Writing is on the wall IMHO. He’s about to be passed up by about 5 WRs, unless he has some gear he hasn’t shown.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I have seen no evidence to show Fleming would beat out JSN and Williams on the depth chart next year. And then he has Egbuka, Harris, and Harrison Jr coming in next year. Then the 2022 class

Frankly, if I was Fleming I would transfer. Writing is on the wall IMHO. He’s about to be passed up by about 5 WRs, unless he has some gear he hasn’t shown.
    Haha what did Flemming do to hurt you?

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-19-2021),Hillsdale87 (01-19-2021),RiverRat13 (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Haha what did Flemming do to hurt you?
    Nothing?

Just calling it like I see it.

Nothing?

Just calling it like I see it.
    What did you see?

Fleming may leave, anyone may leave, but I don't see it right now.

Fleming came from a run first offense in HS, he wasn't a refined WR like JSN was coming out of school. He had no spring, had a disjointed season, and now all of a sudden isn't any good.

IMO the rotation next year will be Olave, Wilson, JSN and then Williams, Fleming, Scott. But also take into consideration a 12 game schedule where there will be time to go around for most of the WR's. The only freshman I can see really working into the rotation is Ebuka.

I am excited for Olave to come back, he has been my favorite Buckeye in years, and I get to watch another season of him play.

7. Likes:

jwdoc77 (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    What did you see?

Fleming may leave, anyone may leave, but I don't see it right now.

Fleming came from a run first offense in HS, he wasn't a refined WR like JSN was coming out of school. He had no spring, had a disjointed season, and now all of a sudden isn't any good.

IMO the rotation next year will be Olave, Wilson, JSN and then Williams, Fleming, Scott. But also take into consideration a 12 game schedule where there will be time to go around for most of the WR's. The only freshman I can see really working into the rotation is Ebuka.

I am excited for Olave to come back, he has been my favorite Buckeye in years, and I get to watch another season of him play.
    That’s literally what I said: he’s at best 5th on the depth chart. If he wants to be WR1 next year (or ever) his best bet is transferring

That’s literally what I said: he’s at best 5th on the depth chart. If he wants to be WR1 next year (or ever) his best bet is transferring
    He has a very good chance to be WR1 at OSU in 22. He will play a lot next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    He has a very good chance to be WR1 at OSU in 22. He will play a lot next year.
    Like I said earlier, he’s going to have to show a major uptick in quality over the next 8 months for that to happen. As of today he has 4 players in front of him. A couple absolute studs are showing up on campus next week.

Like I said earlier, he’s going to have to show a major uptick in quality over the next 8 months for that to happen. As of today he has 4 players in front of him. A couple absolute studs are showing up on campus next week.
    He had half of the receiving yards against NW. He had more receiving yards than JSN this year. I don't know how they're going to feed everybody next year, but I think he'll be fine if he stays.

I would put him at WR4 right now, which is something when you consider WR1 and WR2 are first round picks.

JSN will go into the season ahead of Fleming next season, but it wouldn't shock me if Fleming is WR3 by the end of the year, and WR1 going into 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I would put him at WR4 right now, which is something when you consider WR1 and WR2 are first round picks.

JSN will go into the season ahead of Fleming next season, but it wouldn't shock me if Fleming is WR3 by the end of the year, and WR1 going into 2022.
    They also play different spots. Flemming is in the Olave role and JSN is in the Wilson role, although I think he might take over the Williams role next season.

He came for a HS that ran a Wing-T as their primary offense. JSN was always seen as a more polished receiver coming in when compared to Fleming even though Fleming was rated higher. I think given that Fleming was thought to going to take more time to get on the field than JSN, in a season with no spring ball, Fleming saw the field quite a bit this year. Im sure the Bucks are still high on him and I think you are going to see less 2 tight end sets and more receivers on the field next year. Think more 2018 spreading the ball around to 6 different guys vs 2019 and 2020. My guess is most of these guys stick it out for awhile.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-19-2021)

Turn Off Ads?