Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020 Part III: Bucknuts on Sand Mountain

Re: College Football 2020 Part III: Bucknuts on Sand Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If it’s Togaiai and Garrett I don’t see a path to V. I could be wrong, but man that would be brutal. Those two are the co-MVPs of the defense in my eyes.
    If it's both, yeah that would stink. The rumor I've heard is that it's Togaiai and Smith that tested positive and everyone else is sitting out for now for contact tracing, but could play still.

Taron Vincent would fill in and he's a 5 star that has played a good amount and has done well this year. Cage and Jackson are next up, but that is a drop off for sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ohio State should work on pushing the game back if that's the case. There's a backup date for a reason.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    If it's both, yeah that would stink. The rumor I've heard is that it's Togaiai and Smith that tested positive and everyone else is sitting out for now for contact tracing, but could play still.

Taron Vincent would fill in and he's a 5 star that has played a good amount and has done well this year. Cage and Jackson are next up, but that is a drop off for sure.
    If that's it (just Togaiai and Smith) out and the rest of the DL can play it's fair to say the game should be played.

No promise things would look any better a week from now, for either team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Ohio State should work on pushing the game back if that's the case. There's a backup date for a reason.
    If it's the entire defensive line than, yes they should do something. But if it's just a couple players there really isn't a point, unless the Big 10 wants to change the 17 day rule again. Anyone that tested positive after the Clemson game wouldn't be eligible for the make up game and it just prolongs is so more people might test positive.

If it's the entire defensive line than, yes they should do something.
    Yes, sorry, I didn't see the post before mine - I'm talking about if its the entire line.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If it’s Togaiai and Garrett I don’t see a path to V. I could be wrong, but man that would be brutal. Those two are the co-MVPs of the defense in my eyes.
    Garrett was interviewed yesterday, which I doubt would be the case if he’s positive.

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-07-2021)

Ohio State flew to Miami yesterday and based on a lot of social media stalking by insane people online it seems like most of the team is there. Togiai and Smith haven’t been confirmed and have been rumored to be out all week. Couple other back ups don’t appear to be there. Guys like missed the Clemson game like Harrison and Teague appear to be back.

Is it just me, or has ESPN and College Football did a horrible job promoting this game? I kind of forgot it was tomorrow.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Is it just me, or has ESPN and College Football did a horrible job promoting this game? I kind of forgot it was tomorrow.
    It is not just you. I have a very vested interest in this game, but it has very little hype.

I agree. Especially with two brands like Bama and OSU. Its almost NFL 247 these days...and other sports get crumbs.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-11-2021)

Yeah, I do not get it at all.....you have the biggest brand in the Midwest against the biggest brand in the South. The two biggest brand conferences. Two teams coming off very impressive wins. Two teams that have explosive running and passing games. Two of the biggest fan bases. It is probably one of the most popular matchup picks for ESPN before any season in regards to ratings. You have the modern GOAT coaching his team against the younger coach attempting to make his initial mark on a historical program. There are so many angles.....we even have one coaches daughter antagonizing the other team via social media.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-11-2021)

Yeah, I do not get it at all.....you have the biggest brand in the Midwest against the biggest brand in the South. The two biggest brand conferences. Two teams coming off very impressive wins. Two teams that have explosive running and passing games. Two of the biggest fan bases. It is probably one of the most popular matchup picks for ESPN before any season in regards to ratings. You have the modern GOAT coaching his team against the younger coach attempting to make his initial mark on a historical program. There are so many angles.....we even have one coaches daughter antagonizing the other team via social media.
    College football is horrible when it comes to promoting their championship game. All season long the games are played on Saturday, playing the playoffs on NYD is a good idea since it has historically been "their day." However when they get the the championship game, they play on a Monday Night after half the country has gone to bed.

I get they don't want to go up against the NFL, but I can't help think a Friday night game or a Sat night game makes far more sense. If OSU isn't playing in the game (and I am not disgruntled) I may watch the first half of the game at the most.

FWIW they do the same thing with college basketball, the Final Four has more buzz than the finals.

To be fair, I do think the events that occurred in the real world last week probably have contributed to a little less buzz for the game. I’m sure the game will still have a big rating.

I don't think last week has anything to do with it. ESPN managed to promote the heck out of the NFL playoffs.

To be fair, I do think the events that occurred in the real world last week probably have contributed to a little less buzz for the game. I’m sure the game will still have a big rating.
    I agree with this, oxygen was sucked out of the room.

I also agree that Monday night is dumb. I don't know what they could do with NFL owning the weekend, but it's always been lame.

Turn Off Ads?