Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars - Time for some "Urban" renewal

2021 Jacksonville Jaguars - Time for some "Urban" renewal

The 2020 season has mercifully ended. With 15 straight losses, and the first pick in every round except the 6th which we traded. Everything will change from this point forward.

The GM Dave Caldwell was let go several weeks ago. The Head Coach Dough Marrone is also expected to be fired. He is meeting with Shad Khan on Black Monday so don't expect any news tonight. Marrone said we he asked Shad about the rumors that Urban Meyer was the next coach and Shad said that was news to him. So maybe that's all smoke.

Jags have already interviewed several GM candidates, and we'll know within 24 hours about plans to interview coaching candidates. Besides the first pick, the Jags also have an extra first and an extra second, and the most cap space in the NFL>

Barring something wildly unforeseen, the Jags will draft Trevor Lawrence next April to be the face of this franchise.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021 Jaguars - Everything will change !!

A lot of smoke around Urban. I’ve seen more than a few sources claiming it’s a done deal. It wouldn’t surprise me. We’re loaded in terms of picks and cap space and Meyer has called Lawrence “the best QB ever”. Some have said Meyer is interested in Jacksonville because he wants Lawrence.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The 2020 season has mercifully ended. With 15 straight losses, and the first pick in every round except the 6th which we traded. Everything will change from this point forward.

The GM Dave Caldwell was let go several weeks ago. The Head Coach Dough Marrone is also expected to be fired. He is meeting with Shad Khan on Black Monday so don't expect any news tonight. Marrone said we he asked Shad about the rumors that Urban Meyer was the next coach and Shad said that was news to him. So maybe that's all smoke.

Jags have already interviewed several GM candidates, and we'll know within 24 hours about plans to interview coaching candidates. Besides the first pick, the Jags also have an extra first and an extra second, and the most cap space in the NFL>

Barring something wildly unforeseen, the Jags will draft Trevor Lawrence next April to be the face of this franchise.
    I will say one thing about your Jags today...they played with heart.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-03-2021)

The players like Marrone and never quit on him. It's just time for a change. A clean sweep.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-03-2021)

Adam Shefter reporting that the Jags have fired Marrone.

Shad Khan practically never meets with media. One reporter noted she's been here 28 months and todays is second time. There's interesting info coming out of press conference (zoom).

He has not spoken to Urban Meyer. Makes me think Urban's side is promoting this talk.
    He is the one making GM and HC decisions.
    He intends to hire them at same time, and have them both report to him. So the GM doesn't hire the coach, and the coach doesn't hire GM. They will both know who the other guy is. This might limit who wants the job(s).
    As for now, he has roster making control as he has since Coughlin has been fired. This is a little bit scary.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 01-04-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Shad Khan practically never meets with media. One reporter noted she's been here 28 months and todays is second time. There's interesting info coming out of press conference (zoom).

He has not spoken to Urban Meyer. Makes me think Urban's side is promoting this talk.
    He is the one making GM and HC decisions.
    He intends to hire them at same time, and have them both report to him. So the GM doesn't hire the coach, and the coach doesn't hire GM. They will both know who the other guy is. This might limit who wants the job(s).
    As for now, he has roster making control as he has since Coughlin has been fired. This is a little bit scary.
    Yikes.

There's a private plane from CMH to Jacksonville in the air as we speak...

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    There's a private plane from CMH to Jacksonville in the air as we speak...
    It was just a small prop plane. Urban doesn't do propellers.

There's talk he wants 12 million a year. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's like he has to be convinced to take the job.

Wonder if the money demand isn't really a demand for more control then Khan will give him.
    Go Gators!

Rapoport is reporting the $12 million number is not relevant and is false.

Trevor Lawrence declares for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I mean the NFL Draft.

16. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-06-2021)

Hey jax - popping in to congratulate you on this. Feels good, I know.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

18. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (01-07-2021)

Thanks. We finally have a real chance to turn things around. We haven't really had a franchise QB since Mark Brunell. We'll have a new (hopefully franchise) QB, a new coach, a new GM, lots of draft picks and more cap space than any other team. And despite our record there are some good young pieces on the team.

If you can't turn that into a winning team in 2 years, something's wrong.

20. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (01-07-2021)

Gotta give the team credit. Was expecting more of a long term problem from this fallout but they did everything they needed to do. They flipped the roster and moved a lot of $$$ with Ramsey, Fowler, Calais, Yannick, Bouye, Marcell, Fournette, Foles, Malik, Gipson etc. and turned it into two 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, two 4ths, two 5ths, and a conditional 5th. Then they did exactly what they needed to do and secured the #1 overall pick in a year where there is a unicorn QB in the draft. Being able to have everything come together at the same time with the draft, the cap, head coach, and GM well, hats off to the organization.

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-08-2021)

Turn Off Ads?