Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars - Time for some "Urban" renewal

Re: 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars - Time for some "Urban" renewal

We lost Luton (QB) to Seattle, and 6th rounder Jalen Camp to Houston. I'd have preferred to hand on to both those guys.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jags had a train-wreck of a first game against the team many thought were the worst in the NFL (they were wrong). Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Jags couldn't even line up correctly, couldn't limit the number of players in the huddle to 11.

Much improvement needed.

Urban in over his head. He may not last past this season. Sad thing is, pretty much every pundit has said this from the beginning. Something about him just screamed not an NFL coach.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

1st game new system on offense and defense...they have their QB, now they have to surround him with talent. Urban isn't the guy to won there but he may be the guy to set them up for winning.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Offense was disappointing.

Anyone who thought Trevor Lawrence was going to make this 1-15 team better by himself has no idea how young and inexperienced our defense is right now. I was hoping we would be a 5-6 win team but now I find myself wondering which team is going to want to trade up for a QB in April.

It's going to be a long season. As far as Urban Meyer goes, time will tell. Can he handle the building/not winning? If so for how long? Will his health become an issue with the elevated stress? Who knows. If he can handle it I still expect him to be here for a while.

Why is Urban throwing 50+ times in a game where his RBs are gaining 5 yds/carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Why is Urban throwing 50+ times in a game where his RBs are gaining 5 yds/carry?
    Because they were down big
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Playing the Broncos at home. Have no illusion of victory this time. Just want to see an improvement over the train wreck we saw last week.

Nice opening drive, late arriving crowd.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Playing the Broncos at home. Have no illusion of victory this time. Just want to see an improvement over the train wreck we saw last week.
    I got pretty much what I wanted. Jags just weren't very good. Which was a major improvement to the disaster they threw up Week 1.

0-2 Jags facing 2-0 Cards. Certainly not expecting a win. (although I would take one). Just hoping for a team that shows improvement again.

A puzzler: Jags have had hardly any roster churn at bottom of roster. It was widely expected around here that Jags would claim a bunch of final cuts. They had first position in waivers. They grabbed one. And lost 3. And they would hold that first spot thru three games, and have done very little.

After 2 games they still hold the top spot (tied with Jets) for #1 pick.

The Jags looked better against Arizona. Heck at one point in the 3rd quarter after a touchdown I actually thought they were maybe going to win. Then it all collapsed. But, team has looked better 2 weeks in a row. That's all we need is to keep getting better.

Kicker Josh Lambo is in a bad place I guess. Hasn't made a field goal all year. Missed both extra points last week. And is now ruled out for the Bengals game for personal reasons.

And, Jags closed the book on anther failed first round pick. CJ Henderson #9 overall, who had to be babysat to get thru training camp was shipped off to Carolina. Jags get a 3rd (give up a 5th) and a TE Dan Arnold that was available as a FA in the off-season. Even though he was #9 overall pick last year, sources say Jags never met with him before the draft.

He's apparently a bit of a head case. One of the players on Jags commented on him after his departure - "He's different".

Jags have a chance to steal this one on the road. The Bengals are missing 2 of their best in the secondary, and one is making his first start, having been injured up to this point.

Pro Tip for the Jags Offense:
    Look for the guy with APPLE on the back of his jersey. Throw it and run it in his direction.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

"So Fla Red"

The Jags could easily be 2-2 right now. Lawrence is going to be a handful in the pocket and on the move he is sneaky fast and decisive.

They are going to win some games soon and might be pretty darn dangerous by the middle of the year

The season ending injuries to Chark and Etienne are killer taking away two of the four best offensive weapons

Great time to be in the AFC South while the AFC North and West beat each other up the rest of the way.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?