Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars - Time for some "Urban" renewal

"So Fla Red"

Re: 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars - Time for some "Urban" renewal

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The Jags could easily be 2-2 right now. Lawrence is going to be a handful in the pocket and on the move he is sneaky fast and decisive.

They are going to win some games soon and might be pretty darn dangerous by the middle of the year

The season ending injuries to Chark and Etienne are killer taking away two of the four best offensive weapons

Great time to be in the AFC South while the AFC North and West beat each other up the rest of the way.
    Bump for the Jaguars contingent. That was a fun one yesterday with half of Buffalo invading Duuuuvaalll

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bump for the Jaguars contingent. That was a fun one yesterday with half of Buffalo invading Duuuuvaalll
    Happy to see the Jacksonville Josh Allen have the game he did.

Sacked, forced a fumble, and intercepted a player with the same name.

Only time in NFL history that has ever happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Yesterday was.....unexpected. I am starting to warm up to the idea of this team removing itself from the punching bag list and onto the "don't take us lightly list". It's really been up and down all year.

1 - 21-37 at Houston. One game most expected us to win and we didnt come close. HOU led 27-7 at half.
    2 - 13-23 v. Denver. At this point one wonders, who can we beat?
    3 - 19-31 v. Arizona. We were up 19-10 with 3:00 left in the 3Q. A ARI score + Lawrence next play INT + ARI TD next play and all of the sudden its 23-19 and we were done. But being up 19-10 that late created some hope.
    4 - 21-24 at Cincinnati. This one got away. Up 14-0 at half and almost 21-0 but got stuffed on a 4th and 1 at the goal line. Burrow and Co. with a 24-7 whopping in the 2nd half.
    5 - 19-37 v. Tennessee. 13-14 game before Tennessee went on a 17-0 run. Offense stalled out and only scored 6 more.
    6 - 23-20 v. Miami (London) - WOW we won!? Some good play calling, especially the 4th and 8 slant to Laviska to set up the game winning field goal. All of the sudden, maybe we arent the worst team?
    8 - 7-31 at Seattle. Uggghhh. A straight shellacking and against Geno freaking Smith. Almost a shut out until we scored with less than 2 minutes left. Crappy result coming out of a bye week.
    9 - 9-6 v. Bills. Ummmm......I cannot explan. Defense played possessed. Only 1 turnover. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens next week at Indianapolis. If this is a sign of things to come this team could win 3-4 more games.

"So Fla Red"

Yeah the Seattle one was awful, but the Seahawks were playoff dead for 2021 if they didn't win that one at home. We see that over and over circa the Browns yesterday, etc. etc.

Today's game will be interesting. If the defense plays like it did against Buffalo, we could be in the game. If it was a fluke, we're in trouble again. Offense (and Trevor) have been mediocre for a while. Need to snap out of it. Biggest takeaway from Sunday's game is that 2nd round draftee Walker Little played pretty well filling in for Cam Robinson. I was hoping Cam would be out another game so we could see Little again, but looks like he will be back.

Robinson will be a free agent, and if we can replace him with a cheap draftee and get same production, it would help Jags. Jags are currently #5 in draft. A couple wins and all of a sudden you'll be middle of the pack when draft time comes around.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Today's game will be interesting. If the defense plays like it did against Buffalo, we could be in the game. If it was a fluke, we're in trouble again. Offense (and Trevor) have been mediocre for a while. Need to snap out of it. Biggest takeaway from Sunday's game is that 2nd round draftee Walker Little played pretty well filling in for Cam Robinson. I was hoping Cam would be out another game so we could see Little again, but looks like he will be back.

Robinson will be a free agent, and if we can replace him with a cheap draftee and get same production, it would help Jags. Jags are currently #5 in draft. A couple wins and all of a sudden you'll be middle of the pack when draft time comes around.
    Roof will be closed. Only "help" I am giving ya.

Somehow the final score looked...respectable.

At half Lawrence was 3 for 14 for 36 yards.

I've started to see some questioning Lawrence but im not there yet. I think what we see is a combination of a well below average talented offense and a coaching staff that isnt helping him at all.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Somehow the final score looked...respectable.

At half Lawrence was 3 for 14 for 36 yards.

I've started to see some questioning Lawrence but im not there yet. I think what we see is a combination of a well below average talented offense and a coaching staff that isnt helping him at all.
    I saw a lot of passes dropped/missed. Jags need some more guys with good hands.

Things just keep getting better and better in Jacksonville and Urban.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tension-boi...ers-staff?s=09
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Things just keep getting better and better in Jacksonville and Urban.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tension-boi...ers-staff?s=09
    It’s like he watched Hue Jackson on Hard Knocks and said “hold my beer”.

12. Likes:

Chip R (12-11-2021),Kingspoint (12-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I saw a lot of passes dropped/missed. Jags need some more guys with good hands.
    Joe B succeeds in spite of all the drops. Jags could have four Jerry Rice's available and Urban would still hand the ball off to Carlos Hyde.

The hiring process in Jacksonville is horribly flawed. Turns out that an Owner can't run a football team like a business and succeed. There actually has to be some instincts about professional football.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Joe B succeeds in spite of all the drops. Jags could have four Jerry Rice's available and Urban would still hand the ball off to Carlos Hyde.

The hiring process in Jacksonville is horribly flawed. Turns out that an Owner can't run a football team like a business and succeed. There actually has to be some instincts about professional football.
    Details of the contract are not public but indications are that Urban is being paid $10 mill a year and it's guaranteed. That's not run like a business, at least not a sound one. That's a stupid business decision. The buyout should be reasonable. If Urban balked then you move on and don't hire him. This is really screwing up their generational QB. Unfortunately for Urban, he doesn't have a new recruiting class coming in next year

15. Likes:

jwdoc77 (12-12-2021),Revering4Blue (12-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Details of the contract are not public but indications are that Urban is being paid $10 mill a year and it's guaranteed. That's not run like a business, at least not a sound one. That's a stupid business decision. The buyout should be reasonable. If Urban balked then you move on and don't hire him. This is really screwing up their generational QB. Unfortunately for Urban, he doesn't have a new recruiting class coming in next year
    Khan has always run it like a business until that contract.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I see Jacksonville ran the ball 8 times for 8 yards yesterday. That's.....interesting.

Lots of issues for the Jags. 4 INTs and a passer rating of 35 for Lawrence isn't good either. I think they'll run for the bus in their remaining games and regroup for next yr. Obviously Meyer and his guaranteed contract is an enormous problem but they do have this going for them: Urban has a history of not dealing with pressure well. He may very well decide he can't handle this heat and quit on them. I think Jax would welcome that. To think at one point Bengal fans were clamoring for Urban

Turn Off Ads?