Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Never pay league-average or better for a Guard. Never ever. It's a complete waste of resources.

Never draft a Guard in the first four rounds. Never ever. It's a complete waste of resources.

There is no argument that can justify it that I can't completely blow out of the water.
    I'd rather sign two guys who are still average guards like Zeitler and Norwell for the same money it would take to sign a Thuney. If the Bengals could roll out a line of Sewell, Norwell, Hopkins, Zeitler, Williams, it wouldn't be a top 5 line but we wouldn't have to worry about Joe getting killed.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-05-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Never before has there been so little intel available.

Not one whiff of Watt to Arizona. Stafford to the Rams was a surprise.

Nobody knows anything.
    In-person presence vs Zoom chats, that's why.

Reporters can't really get to know anyone on the inside any longer. As if they needed another nail in that career-choice coffin.

You'd get better intel from Google Trends than most reporters will get you these days.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-05-2021),RiverRat13 (03-05-2021)

https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-re...ol-b-j-finney/

BJ Finney was released. This gives them another 3.2 in cap money.

The Panthers are expected to franchise tag OT Taylor Moton. That'll be one less good offensive lineman available in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I'd rather sign two guys who are still average guards like Zeitler and Norwell for the same money it would take to sign a Thuney. If the Bengals could roll out a line of Sewell, Norwell, Hopkins, Zeitler, Williams, it wouldn't be a top 5 line but we wouldn't have to worry about Joe getting killed.
    The Offensive Line Free Agency is flooded this time. The opportunities to get two good Guards for a total of $10M over two years ($2.5M per Guard per season) is there for the pickings, especially with very few teams having much money to spend. What little money they do have isn't going to be spent on Guards. For the Bengals to overpay, they'd have to bid against themselves, which of course, they've done several times in the past.

Also, from NBC Sports w/ NBC Sports' comments:

Bengals released C B.J. Finney. The move saves $3.3 million against the salary cap. Cincinnati acquired Finney in the trade that sent Carlos Dunlap to Seattle. Finney played just one game for the Bengals in 2020. The Bengals, as usual, are among the teams with the most cap space headed into free agency.

SOURCE: Paul Dehner, Jr. on Twitter
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-05-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    In-person presence vs Zoom chats, that's why.

Reporters can't really get to know anyone on the inside any longer. As if they needed another nail in that career-choice coffin.

You'd get better intel from Google Trends than most reporters will get you these days.
    Yes. It's why I hate texts, I don't like phone calls, and I don't like emails. It's why there are so many stupid arguments on this website and others, because with only words to look at, very little of the message's original meaning is understood. Then it gets compounded with dolts trying to tell someone what they said (instead of listening to what they are saying now) by posting words from a previous post, as if that's proof of the meaning. It's tough enough when you are face-to-face, but it's nearly impossible in any social media communication.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Did they borrow the Reds number script?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

The eternal optimist in me wants to believe the Dolphins trading peanuts for Isaiah Wilson takes them out of the Sewell sweepstakes, but I'm probably wrong.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So what are the odds that the Bengals end up franchise tagging nobody?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Considering relative disadvantages of using the tag, 50/50.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I was hoping for a more minimalist design, but honestly I think this is a little too minimalist. Just looks kinda plain instead.

I think they will tag Lawson but won't be surprised if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think they will tag Lawson but won't be surprised if they don't.
    Paul Dehner is reporting that they aren't franchising anyone. I think I would have tagged Lawson. This is risky on their part

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Bengals signed Brandon Allen to a 1-yr contract.

Good, inexpensive (hopefully) FA move. I assume we keep Finley, too, with a 17-game season and our Franchise player for the next 10 years coming off of major surgery. Nobody new to learn the system, but there's a ton to learn as it is for a number of reasons (hopefully, a revamped Offensive Line).

Turn Off Ads?