Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

Bengals will be staring at 1 of 2 players at 5

Sewell or Chase...

sign a RG and RT in FA...and it will be Chase.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bengals will be staring at 1 of 2 players at 5

Sewell or Chase...

sign a RG and RT in FA...and it will be Chase.
    If they sign Josh Reynolds or Will Fuller in FA, it will be Sewell.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The Bengals can be dumb, but I can't imagine they are "TE at 5" dumb. I think they are really bullish on Uzomah (unless his injury is worse than we know) and they have spent too much draft capital lately on the position as it is.
    Which TE have they drafted lately?

No combine or in person workouts allowed will probably hurt Sewell’s stock quite a bit I’d imagine given teams haven’t seen him on the field in over a year.

The ideal situation for me would involve trading back with the Lions to 7 or Panthers to 8 and still getting Sewell while picking up an early 2nd round pick. The Lions will need a QB if they’re really trading Stafford, so maybe they’d be desperate enough if there’s only one top guy left on the board. Ditto for the Panthers who may now look to leapfrog Detroit.

This is assuming 3 QBs plus Chase go top 4. If Sewell is gone but Chase is there at 5 I’d be happy with him.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Drew Sample
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Drew Sample
    Who? I think you're using the "TE" label a little too loosely. Athletic OL would work better.

Another name I’ve been thinking about for second round:

Tommy Togiai.

I don’t know much about him but I know Buckeye fans would. With Geno being a non factor and likely to be cut he would make sense.
    Togiai is a monster in the middle. Folks within the OSU program are saying he’s going to turn heads at the combine with the strength numbers he puts up and that is the real reason he declared early with such little game tape.

That’s the issue with me. He was very good this season and, in my opinion, the best player on the OSU defense by far. However, it was only 6 games (he was out for the national championship game against Bama with COVID. I am not a combine person, I think the results are overrated, but I guess NFL scouts know way more than I do.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Drafting a tight end at 5 is not dumb. It’s insane.

Drafting TEs that early is what the Detroit Lions are known for. Enough said. TE is a position you draft one in the middle to late rounds every year and wait until you hit the lottery while signing cheap veterans until you do. It’s a luxury position.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Drafting a tight end at 5 is not dumb. It’s insane.

Drafting TEs that early is what the Detroit Lions are known for. Enough said. TE is a position you draft one in the middle to late rounds every year and wait until you hit the lottery while signing cheap veterans until you do. It’s a luxury position.
    They took Hockenson 8th but they are mostly known for taking WRs that early. Point still stands though.

The problem is people see teams taking players like Gronk, Andrews, or Kelce and think they are getting that player or something similar by spending a first round pick on them. Nobody bothers to look and see where those players are drafted.

They took Hockenson 8th but they are mostly known for taking WRs that early. Point still stands though.

The problem is people see teams taking players like Gronk, Andrews, or Kelce and think they are getting that player or something similar by spending a first round pick on them. Nobody bothers to look and see where those players are drafted.
    The lions drafted Eric Ebron 10th overall in 2014 and Brandon Pettigrew 20th overall in 2009. Drafting TEs in the first round is absolutely a Lions thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The lions drafted Eric Ebron 10th overall in 2014 and Brandon Pettigrew 20th overall in 2009. Drafting TEs in the first round is absolutely a Lions thing.
    Never as high as 5th though but yeah.

Bengals took Jermaine Gresham and Tyler Eifert in the first but they were both later and when the needs weren’t as pressing.

The Bengals need more speed.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The Bengals need more speed.
    John Ross is a FA.

15. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-25-2021),RiverRat13 (01-25-2021)

What's anyone's best guess as to how long it will take to decide Watson's future, thus setting up one of the dominoes?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What's anyone's best guess as to how long it will take to decide Watson's future, thus setting up one of the dominoes?
    Jets and Miami are his top two choices...anything that would happen needs to take place before April with the number of picks involved.

Stafford is on the market as well which puts Detroit in need of a QB too so perhaps they will attempt to trade up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?