Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

Guess - that’s all it is- is that it will be close to the draft, once free agency has started and teams see better what they need and which prospects impress in any workouts. Maybe somebody looks great and a team decides not to trade a high pick, or perhaps others are less impressive and teams are more willing to deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What's anyone's best guess as to how long it will take to decide Watson's future, thus setting up one of the dominoes?

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the Jets and Houston make the trade, Houston will obviously go QB at 2. Miami then has an interesting decision. They will be offered plenty to trade out of 3 by QB needy teams. But I'd argue they are good enough already that I'd be hesitant to pass up a chance to get the best non-QB in the draft. If they trade back after the Bengals, that's the spot they will be in.

Detroit now needs a QB and sits at 7. They might want to leapfrog Philadelphia (at#6), who may or may not want a QB as well (Wentz not really cutting it).

I wonder what the Lions would offer the Bengals to do so?

Maybe not much since the top 2 QBs will be off the board at that point.

One thing is for sure... It's a really good offseason to NOT need a QB this time.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Detroit now needs a QB and sits at 7. They might want to leapfrog Philadelphia (at#6), who may or may not want a QB as well (Wentz not really cutting it).

I wonder what the Lions would offer the Bengals to do so?

Maybe not much since the top 2 QBs will be off the board at that point.

One thing is for sure... It's a really good offseason to NOT need a QB this time.
    Idk, depending on who you view as the number 2 QB (I think it’s Fields), a lot of smoke the jets are going to take Zach Wilson. I’ve even seen some mocks having Lance go before Fields. I don’t know if this is just silly season stuff, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility the Lions move up to 5 and Fields is available.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-27-2021)

Lawrence

Fields/Wilson

Lance

I think those are the general tiers. Lawrence for sure #1 - and then Wilson and Fields pretty much ranked together. A LOT of mocks have 3 qbs gone in top 4. The trade back scenario that works for the Bengals is if either Fields or Wilson is there at 5 and one of the QB needy teams between 7 and 12 wants to come up.

That will all be impacted by where some of the big name QBs available on the trade market end up. I am looking more at Stafford potentially impacting this than Watson even, as Stafford to SF or Carolina would take a trade up partner off the board. And that's setting aside if Rodgers is trying to slide out of Green Bay. A lot in flux right now. For once the Bengals preferred inertia will probably be helpful as where they are at 5 looks plum as things shake out across the league.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

In Mel Kiper's first mock draft, he has DeVonta Smith going #2 to the Jets and J'Marr Chase next to the Dolphins. Sewell falls to us. Also, Brett Favre thinks the Jags should draft DeVonta Smith #1 overall.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    In Mel Kiper's first mock draft, he has DeVonta Smith going #2 to the Jets and J'Marr Chase next to the Dolphins. Sewell falls to us. Also, Brett Favre thinks the Jags should draft DeVonta Smith #1 overall.
    Don't see how anybody can pass on DeVonta Smith except for Lawrence

Doesn't Kiper have the rule to not mock trades when he does his?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Doesn't Kiper have the rule to not mock trades when he does his?
    I've never seen him move teams up in his mock drafts, and he doesn't have anybody moving up for Wilson, Fields, or Lance. He has those three going to Atl>Det>Car.

Only a few surprises in his draft. He has OT Samuel Cosmi, DT Daviyon Nixon (weird considering he ranked him as his 10th best prospect a month ago), and edge Joseph Ossai falling out of the 1st, along with OT Teven Jenkins, CB Aaron Robinson, and edge Joe Tryon being bumped up.

If Cosmi did fall to the 2nd, and we missed out on Sewell and opted for Chase, I'd be cool with him as our 2nd pick.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Daniel Jeremiah in his first mock gave the Bengals Slater at #5 and Sewell came off the board 10 overall. He also spit in kingspoints general direction I would imagine...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

14. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-26-2021),redsfandan (01-26-2021)

Is Favre still in concussion protocol?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

16. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Is Favre still in concussion protocol?
    LMAO

Kiper is though!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Kwity Paye 4, Micah Parsons 15, DeVonta Smith 16. Can't see it.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I really would not mind if the Bengals traded down once or twice, and picked up additional day 2 picks. That's even if Sewell is on the board.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

21. Likes:

forfreelin04 (01-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?