Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

I expect the Bengals decision tree will be something like this:

Draft Sewell
    Draft Chase
    Trade down
    Hell freezes over
    Trade up
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

Benihana (01-16-2021),Hillsdale87 (01-14-2021),RiverRat13 (01-14-2021),ScotlandRed (01-18-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I expect the Bengals decision tree will be something like this:

Draft Sewell
    Draft Chase
    Trade down
    Hell freezes over
    Trade up
    Draft Sewell
    Draft Chase
    Reach for Slater
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Both Hobson and Lap have downplayed the Bengals being active in free agency. Meanwhile Dehner believes they will go after guys. If Dehner is right, it signals the other two don't have the access under Zac that they used to have.

They downplayed them being active in FA last year too. I think after 20 years of inactivity they are just stating how it always was. Hope they are wrong again.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Hobson will tell you they are already at the cap ceiling.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Marion Hobby named D-Line coach:

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals...cT6cp0ajIKvsBR

I’d trust nothing from Hobson or Lapham at this point. I don’t think the Bengals are tipping their hand anymore to the press like they’ve done in the past and the media isn’t going to be anywhere as accurate as they’ve been before.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

That d-line coach hire is hella solid. He was at Clemson as d-coordinator when Reader was there. His lines in Miami were really good.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Chris Olave is staying at OSU. He doesn't fit the profile of what the Bengals need at WR, but that does mean one less receiver could get pushed down to 37.

On o-line depth in the draft...

Matt Miller
    @nfldraftscout
    ·
    45m
    I have 13 offensive tackles ranked in my Top 100.

That's ridiculously good.

If they don't get Sewell, I want them to draft Darrisaw.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    If they don't get Sewell, I want them to draft Darrisaw.
    That's in the tradeback scenario - one of my favorite scenarios. 12, 44, 113 and something in 2022 from SF would get them to Darrisaw range and some fun extra picks to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    That's in the tradeback scenario - one of my favorite scenarios. 12, 44, 113 and something in 2022 from SF would get them to Darrisaw range and some fun extra picks to work with.
    I hope this year the Bengals show that kind of creativity and forethought.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    On o-line depth in the draft...
    That might also mean teams pass on OT if they believe they can get quality lower in the draft, increasing the chance that Sewell gets passed to the Bengals.

It does indeed mean that. I like where the bengals sit at 5 actually.

PFF's top 5 OTs:

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon
    2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
    3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
    4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State
    5. Samuel Cosmi, Texas

Christian Darrisaw is a name you’re going to hear a lot more of in the coming months, and he could even come off the board as high as the top 10 when all is said and done. He earned the second-highest grade we’ve ever given to a Power Five tackle, posting a 95.6 overall mark. And he wasn’t exactly going up against slouches. He faced draftable edge defenders such as Carlos Basham (Wake Forest), Quincy Roche (Miami), and Victor Dimukeje (Duke) and shut them all down.

Turn Off Ads?