Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals: Sewell or Bust!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    As for "Sewell or bust" - I am not on that train. If he's there at 5, sure. But if he's gone and they have Chase staring at them, fine by me.

I am hoping that they will address o-line in FA aggressively like they tried with defense last year with Reader and Wayans signings. I think Burrow more likely to get the protection he needs with two veteran FAs who are already good at their jobs - there will be a learning curve with Sewell, no matter how good he may be as a prospect.
    I disagree about Sewell. In fact, I think you need to trade up to 3 if you are the bengals and make sure you get him.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

This draft is absolutely loaded with WR talent. You simply cannot miss out on taking a generational OT talent like Sewell if you are the bengals and settle for some WR from LSU when you can get a WR in the 2nd round who is nearly as good. I mean hell, you can probably get Chris Olave in the 2nd round.

5. Likes:

forfreelin04 (01-05-2021),Kingspoint (01-04-2021),Revering4Blue (01-04-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This draft is absolutely loaded with WR talent. You simply cannot miss out on taking a generational OT talent like Sewell if you are the bengals and settle for some WR from LSU when you can get a WR in the 2nd round who is nearly as good. I mean hell, you can probably get Chris Olave in the 2nd round.
    The receiving talent is there but it isn’t as deep as last year and it’s pretty top heavy. Wouldn’t be surprised if Olave goes late first. Saints, Chiefs, and Packers could all be in the market for a WR.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I love Olave and think he will be a stud. But the Bengals need someone who can stretch the field. I think Olave is more Michael Thomas than Terry McLaurin. If Sewell tests the way we think he will, I doubt Miami will be willing to trade down anyway. The only hope will be Miami wants a playmaker for Tua, but they can probably draft one with their own pick in the 1st round without having to use the Houston pick. Miami already has #3, #18, #36, and #50. I don't know if they'd be in the trade down market.

Trey Hopkins tore his ACL. So now the Bengals have three OL positions to address in the offseason. They can't afford giving up more draft capital to trade up for Sewell.
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 01-04-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    It won't be the Bengals:
    Sounds like the offer was made and the Bengals turned it down...

I would imagine a lot of staff turnover as mem mentions above.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

IF sewell is generational talent, great. But I am not trading up for him in any event. They need all 7 picks. And future picks. And o-line depth in this draft, especially at T, is quite robust. There will be really good lineman available in second and third rounds. WR depth isn't nearly as deep as last year. And Chase may himself be generational...so, see who you get at 5 is swell. Nightmare is if both are gone. Would feel a lot better if picking fourth, but here we are.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

10. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-04-2021),ScotlandRed (01-04-2021)

Hopkins torn ACL vs Baltimore

Week 17 injury doubt he will be ready to go week 1

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Zac is coming back. Mikey remains bullish. It sucks so hard being a Bengals fan.
    6-25 and still brought back.
    Nothing is going to change next season.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    IF sewell is generational talent, great. But I am not trading up for him in any event. They need all 7 picks. And future picks. And o-line depth in this draft, especially at T, is quite robust. There will be really good lineman available in second and third rounds. WR depth isn't nearly as deep as last year. And Chase may himself be generational...so, see who you get at 5 is swell. Nightmare is if both are gone. Would feel a lot better if picking fourth, but here we are.
    I mean, I don’t get it, the bengals offensive line is sooooo bad we watched it’s incompetence blow out the knee of the savior of the franchise and we are talking about drafting a WR with the 5th overall pick and refusing to trade up because of later round picks? Come on. I live in Cleveland, you sound like a typical browns fan from the past 10-15 years (I do not mean this as an insult).

I just think you need to protect Burrow and there is an OT in this draft that comes around every 10, maybe 15 years. He’s that good. You do what you need to do and move up and get him. He’s not lasting until 5. No way. I’ve watched Chase, I guess I don’t really get the hype. He’s certainly a very good WR, it’s a luxury position. You can get quality WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. There is nobody that even comes to close to quality to Sewell O-line wise.

I mean, I don’t get it, the bengals offensive line is sooooo bad we watched it’s incompetence blow out the knee of the savior of the franchise and we are talking about drafting a WR with the 5th overall pick and refusing to trade up because of later round picks? Come on. I live in Cleveland, you sound like a typical browns fan from the past 10-15 years (I do not mean this as an insult).

I just think you need to protect Burrow and there is an OT in this draft that comes around every 10, maybe 15 years. He’s that good. You do what you need to do and move up and get him. He’s not lasting until 5. No way. I’ve watched Chase, I guess I don’t really get the hype. He’s certainly a very good WR, it’s a luxury position. You can get quality WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. There is nobody that even comes to close to quality to Sewell O-line wise.
    I’m not as bullish on Sewell as Kingspoint is, but even if he is gone there are two other offensive linemen that the Bengals could look at early that wouldn’t be a reach. Rashawn Slater and Christian Darrisaw aren’t bad consolation prizes if Sewell is off the board and the Bengals don’t go WR.

I also don’t see Eichenburg, Leatherwood, or Raduntz being there in the second round if we do go WR first.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The team has so many holes especially if Lawson and WJ III walk...I think a lot will be revealed once March gets here and FA starts.

O line will be a priority according to Dehner...

If Sewell is gone (say Miami) and you also have a run on QB's, pick #5 gets very valuable at that point...trade back and get Slater or take BPA.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The team has so many holes especially if Lawson and WJ III walk...I think a lot will be revealed once March gets here and FA starts.

O line will be a priority according to Dehner...

If Sewell is gone (say Miami) and you also have a run on QB's, pick #5 gets very valuable at that point...trade back and get Slater or take BPA.
    Or just stay at 5 and take Slater. It really isn’t that much of a reach.

Man, trade back, just terrible idea.

Man, trade back, just terrible idea.
    Unless it’s Carolina or Denver trading up for a QB. I wouldn’t go much further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Or just stay at 5 and take Slater. It really isn’t that much of a reach.
    That would be an absolutely horrible move.
    Go BLUE!!!

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-04-2021)

Turn Off Ads?