Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Draft

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Miami is going to take Sewell. That's why I was rooting like crazy for the Texans yesterday. I think there's a good chance Jax, Jets, and Falcons would all take a QB. But I can't see Miami passing up on Sewell.
    FA will tell the tale.

If they sign Allen Robinson or another capable WR, I’ll start to worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

ScotlandRed (01-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    How's that been working out for them? Or anyone else with the Top-3 picks lately?
    If you don't recommend taking a QB with a top pick, what would your strategy be? Yes, the bust rate is high, but you have to try to get that position right. There is no position even close to as valuable as QB. If you don't have a good QB, the rest of your picks don't really matter. It doesn't matter how good Sewell is if Tua is bad, and right now he hasn't given any reason to expect that he will be good. It could happen, but are they willing to give up a chance at a franchise QB to hope that Tua works out?

Schefter reported earlier in the season that part of the reason that Miami benched Fitz for Tua was to evaluate Tua because they knew they would have a top-5 pick. Based off of how Tua played, I'm sure Miami is going to strongly consider a QB. They see him in practice and know him better than anybody else, so they will have to decide if they think his flaws are fixable. If they think the risk with Tua is too high, then they can flip him like the Cardinals did with Rosen.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    If you don't recommend taking a QB with a top pick, what would your strategy be? Yes, the bust rate is high, but you have to try to get that position right. There is no position even close to as valuable as QB. If you don't have a good QB, the rest of your picks don't really matter. It doesn't matter how good Sewell is if Tua is bad, and right now he hasn't given any reason to expect that he will be good. It could happen, but are they willing to give up a chance at a franchise QB to hope that Tua works out?

Schefter reported earlier in the season that part of the reason that Miami benched Fitz for Tua was to evaluate Tua because they knew they would have a top-5 pick. Based off of how Tua played, I'm sure Miami is going to strongly consider a QB. They see him in practice and know him better than anybody else, so they will have to decide if they think his flaws are fixable. If they think the risk with Tua is too high, then they can flip him like the Cardinals did with Rosen.
    I scanned a Dolphins message board. I guess there is a lot of chatter that the football people wanted Herbert, but the owner stepped in and wanted Tua.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I scanned a Dolphins message board. I guess there is a lot of chatter that the football people wanted Herbert, but the owner stepped in and wanted Tua.
    Something tells me that quite a few teams are kicking themselves in the ass for not picking Herbert.

According to multiple sites, my Colts are going after a WR. I dunno about that.

Jags taking Lawrence. My gut tells me Jets will take Fields, especially if he has another stellar performance Monday. It won't be a no brainer for them but they'll be wooed by his production enough to bury any of the concerns about his decision making on some throws. Miami will trade if they can. Sewell is fantastic and in many years would be a #1 overall pick but OL are probably the most difficult to hit on in the draft. If Miami could come away with a nice package for a team who wants to move up and draft Wilson I think they pull the trigger. If they stay put I think it's Sewell. I can't see them giving up on Tua already. They may be kicking themselves for not taking Herbert but they've gotta be a long ways from giving up on Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I can't see them giving up on Tua already. They may be kicking themselves for not taking Herbert but they've gotta be a long ways from giving up on Tua.
    I dunno. This ain't the same NFL I grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Jags taking Lawrence. My gut tells me Jets will take Fields, especially if he has another stellar performance Monday. It won't be a no brainer for them but they'll be wooed by his production enough to bury any of the concerns about his decision making on some throws. Miami will trade if they can. Sewell is fantastic and in many years would be a #1 overall pick but OL are probably the most difficult to hit on in the draft. If Miami could come away with a nice package for a team who wants to move up and draft Wilson I think they pull the trigger. If they stay put I think it's Sewell. I can't see them giving up on Tua already. They may be kicking themselves for not taking Herbert but they've gotta be a long ways from giving up on Tua.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...k-on-receiver/

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    That mock draft is a joke.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Take it up with CBS. LOL

Take it up with CBS. LOL
    Just saying they have the Colts taking a CB when their needs are Left Tackle, edge rusher, receiver and quarterback.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

as bad as Tua has looked, I have heard some QB guys that I trust with their evaluations that still project him as potentially elite. I think the chances are near zero that Miami considers a QB. I think Fields goes in the Top 10, but I could also see him slipping past 10 as I get the feeling he makes a lot of scouts nervous.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    there are definitely some questionable selections....almost like the person is not really that familiar with some teams and just slotted a person in there. At least 4 picks made me shake my head on first skim....like the Bucs are not taking a RB in the 1st Round.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    as bad as Tua has looked, I have heard some QB guys that I trust with their evaluations that still project him as potentially elite. I think the chances are near zero that Miami considers a QB. I think Fields goes in the Top 10, but I could also see him slipping past 10 as I get the feeling he makes a lot of scouts nervous.
    McShay has him going to the Patriots at 15.

Someone will trade up. There’s a possibility five QBs go first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    McShay has him going to the Patriots at 15.

Someone will trade up. There’s a possibility five QBs go first round.
    What 5?

What 5?
    Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson are locks. Lance is almost a lock and then you have Trask and Jones who both could climb into the back end of the 1st round.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 01-08-2021 at 11:40 AM.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-08-2021)

Turn Off Ads?