Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 128

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Wasn't counting on Will Smith slapping Rock on live TV. That's one way to get attention for a show fewer and fewer watch every year.
    Will Smith smacking The Rock instead of Chris Rock…now we have something.

  2. Likes:

    M2 (03-28-2022)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #92
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    42,623

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Tonight I saw an advanced screening of Nic Cage's new movie, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, and it's a blast. The entire premise is Nic Cage is going to chew scenery. I mean, there is a plot, but it's Cage and Pedro Pascal going 120 MPH.
    Look, we're doing sustainability.

  5. #93
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,889

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Tonight I saw an advanced screening of Nic Cage's new movie, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, and it's a blast. The entire premise is Nic Cage is going to chew scenery. I mean, there is a plot, but it's Cage and Pedro Pascal going 120 MPH.
    Yes Nic Cage playing and even more amped up version of himself...plus the supporting cast looks really solid. It's on my need to see list...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  6. #94
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    42,623

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Everything Everywhere All at Once is pretty spectacular. I don't want to spoil any of it, but I don't think I'm letting any cats out of any bags to reveal it's surreal enough to make Salvador Dali proud.
    Last edited by M2; 04-17-2022 at 11:56 PM.
    Look, we're doing sustainability.

  7. Likes:

    NebraskaRed (04-18-2022),RedTeamGo! (04-18-2022)

  8. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,341

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Watched The Batman on HBO Max tonight. It was okay, but I disagree with the reviews and praise. It was basically Batman, but darker. Not just in story, but cinematography. Story was alright, but predictable and whatever. And maybe you need a QD-OLED to appreciate the darkness of the film, but I don't have one and a lotta scenes were just varying shades of black. I thought Pattinson was solid but nothing about this take on Batman felt new, so it was just a darker version of a movie I've already seen.

  9. #96
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    16,866

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Watched The Batman on HBO Max tonight. It was okay, but I disagree with the reviews and praise. It was basically Batman, but darker. Not just in story, but cinematography. Story was alright, but predictable and whatever. And maybe you need a QD-OLED to appreciate the darkness of the film, but I don't have one and a lotta scenes were just varying shades of black. I thought Pattinson was solid but nothing about this take on Batman felt new, so it was just a darker version of a movie I've already seen.
    I thought the movie was horrible, when I first walked out I thought it was just bad, but the more I think about it, the worse it gets. And the forced SJW stuff, can we just give it a rest already?

    The worst part was the movie was at least 1 hour too long. We do not need every movie to be 3 hours long. It is terrible.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 04-21-2022 at 08:42 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  10. Likes:

    Tony Cloninger (05-01-2022)

  11. #97
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,921

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I thought the movie was horrible, when I first walked out I thought it was just bad, but the more I think about it, the worse it gets. And the forced SJW stuff, can we just give it a rest already?

    The worst part was the movie was at least 1 hour too long. We do not need every movie to be 3 hours long. It is terrible.
    Watched this last night. What was the forced SJW stuff youíve been mentioning? The Riddlerís motivation for his crimes?

    I like silent mysterious detective Batman but I feel like they didnít fully commit to this being an off-putting/dark-in-a-bold-interesting-way vibes and it got goofy and safe at times. Iím also curious who it was for? Gen Xíers? Millennials who romanticize the 90s? Gen Z who heard about Nirvana on TikTok?

  12. #98
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    16,866

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Watched this last night. What was the forced SJW stuff you’ve been mentioning? The Riddler’s motivation for his crimes?

    I like silent mysterious detective Batman but I feel like they didn’t fully commit to this being an off-putting/dark-in-a-bold-interesting-way vibes and it got goofy and safe at times. I’m also curious who it was for? Gen X’ers? Millennials who romanticize the 90s? Gen Z who heard about Nirvana on TikTok?
    Moreso the cat woman kept bringing up Bruce has white privilege stuff
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  13. #99
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,554

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Saw Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on Friday night.

    For Marvels first dip into horror it left a lot to be desired. Thought it was bottom five easily in terms of MCU movies. In terms of horror and gore James Gunns Suicide Squad was better and I typically donít like DC movies.

    A LOT of wasted potential involving the Illuminati as well. Especially one fan favorite casting that I wonít ruin for anyone who hasnít seen the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  14. #100
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,303

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Saw Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on Friday night.

    For Marvels first dip into horror it left a lot to be desired. Thought it was bottom five easily in terms of MCU movies. In terms of horror and gore James Gunns Suicide Squad was better and I typically don’t like DC movies.

    A LOT of wasted potential involving the Illuminati as well. Especially one fan favorite casting that I won’t ruin for anyone who hasn’t seen the movie.
    I loved that they subverted expectations there. And with the villain.

    It's definitely a Raimi horror flick, and the character arcs make some sense.

    Liked it overall. Entertaining.

  15. Likes:

    M2 (05-31-2022)

  16. #101
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,303

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Everything Everywhere All at Once is pretty spectacular. I don't want to spoil any of it, but I don't think I'm letting any cats out of any bags to reveal it's surreal enough to make Salvador Dali proud.
    I can never eat a hot dog again. Especially one with mustard on it.

    That movie was made for English majors.

  17. Likes:

    M2 (05-31-2022)

  18. #102
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,921

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I loved that they subverted expectations there. And with the villain.

    It's definitely a Raimi horror flick, and the character arcs make some sense.

    Liked it overall. Entertaining.
    I’m not watching this until it hits Disney+ since I’m still not going into theaters. Wish me luck on spoilers. I think I knew all of the Spider-Man spoilers by the time I watched it but it was still a good time.

  19. #103
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,554

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Iím not watching this until it hits Disney+ since Iím still not going into theaters. Wish me luck on spoilers. I think I knew all of the Spider-Man spoilers by the time I watched it but it was still a good time.
    Stay away from YouTube and/or TikTok.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  20. #104
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,921

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Stay away from YouTube and/or TikTok.
    I was on YouTube at noon on Friday and they were suggesting 6 different 40 minute breakdowns of the post credits scenes.

  21. #105
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    42,623

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I was on YouTube at noon on Friday and they were suggesting 6 different 40 minute breakdowns of the post credits scenes.
    It's New Rockstars Christmas.
    Look, we're doing sustainability.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator