Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    My understanding is that Hasbro currently owns the rights (and to Rom also):

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ts-to-the-mcu/

Renaming the Microverse to the Quantum Realm likely has to do with Marvel Studios’ attempts to distance itself from the Micronauts name, as the superhero team was acquired by Hasbro from Marvel around the year 2009. This, of course, means that Marvel no longer has full legal access to these characters, making their appearance in Quantumania highly unlikely, if impossible.

A few paragraphs down, it's mentioned that Paramount was previously working with Hasbro to develop a Micronauts film, but it was scuttled.
    I Matteled when I should have Hasbroed.

Those rights are for toy-specific characters (Acroyear, Biotron, Microtron, Baron Karza). The characters created for the book (Commander Rann, Marionette, Bug, Huntarr) still fall under the Marvel umbrella. That's why Bug has popped up as a GOTG member.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I Matteled when I should have Hasbroed.

Those rights are for toy-specific characters (Acroyear, Biotron, Microtron, Baron Karza). The characters created for the book (Commander Rann, Marionette, Bug, Huntarr) still fall under the Marvel umbrella. That's why Bug has popped up as a GOTG member.
    You're correct on the comics, but the screen rights are owned by Hasbro. James Gunn has tried to get Bug into Guardians films and has confirmed that's the reason he can't.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    You're correct on the comics, but the screen rights are owned by Hasbro. James Gunn has tried to get Bug into Guardians films and has confirmed that's the reason he can't.
    Oh, my bad. I thought the two were connected. Is Hasbro just incredibly stupid? Like there's this major cultural phenomenon taking place right now and they don't want in?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Oh, my bad. I thought the two were connected. Is Hasbro just incredibly stupid? Like there's this major cultural phenomenon taking place right now and they don't want in?
    Apparently, they've been trying to partner with Paramount to produce a film, but it's gone nowhere so far. Same with Rom, I think.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

They call me "chef"

I read they were trying to launch their own cinematic universe around disparate toy franchises that only 40 year olds would barely remember.

7. Likes:

M2 (03-03-2023)

Anybody on here have Letterboxd?

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I read they were trying to launch their own cinematic universe around disparate toy franchises that only 40 year olds would barely remember.
    Realizing now this sounds like a joke but I was being serious.

https://collider.com/g-i-joe-microna...ries-mask-rom/

I always liked Christina Aguilera and saw Burlesque is on Netflix now. Wasn't bad & a decent watch. I think she coulda been a good actress if she wanted too.

There was a line in there though I didnt care for about her friend from Kentucky... he said something along the lines of there was nobody he knew there he grew and wanted to be around or something like that. Coulda been seen a little on the condescending side

Not a bad watch though as I said. Cher was good as well. Christina and Kristin Bell were both real nice to look at

- - - Updated - - -

I was/am a big Rocky fan. I thought the initial Creed from 2015 was solid. Creed II was aaah just all right. I respected they tried to give Drago's character dimension but not much else about that movie moved me.

Creed III I saw just came out. It doesn't really interest me but I'd be interesting in hearing if anyone here liked it

I saw the Oscar-nominated animated shorts this weekend. If you have a chance to catch them, I highly recommend it. Eclectic mix of stuff. There's one called Ice Merchants that's outstanding.

I saw "Cocaine Bear" last week.

There was a bear on cocaine in it.
    School's out. What did you expect?

13. Likes:

Dom Heffner (03-11-2023),M2 (03-06-2023),NebraskaRed (03-06-2023),RedTeamGo! (03-07-2023)

Watching The Martian… seeing the character Tim Grimes, the guy that gets cranky about the delay and inefficiency of communicating with just a still camera… I went hey I know this guy.

IMDb said it’s Nick Mohammed who is on Ted Lasso now as coach Nate Shelley.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Saw D&D this past weekend...was not expecting to like it as much as I did! Perfect blend of action, comedy, and adventure.

I also didn't realize the lead kid from Freaks & Geeks is a serious writer/director now. I knew he was in Bones, but that's about it.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Saw D&D this past weekend...was not expecting to like it as much as I did! Perfect blend of action, comedy, and adventure.

I also didn't realize the lead kid from Freaks & Geeks is a serious writer/director now. I knew he was in Bones, but that's about it.
    Yes Michelle Rodriguez and Chris Pine had really good chemistry...very enjoyable.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Finnish John Wick fights Nazi's

Wiki---

In late 1944, during the Lapland War, gold prospector and Winter War veteran Aatami Korpi lives alone in the remote wilderness of Lapland, panning and mining in search of gold. Eventually, his efforts succeed when he uncovers a rich gold deposit. Collecting a hefty amount of gold nuggets, Aatami sets off to deliver his gold to the nearest town. Along the way, Aatami encounters a 30-man Wehrmacht platoon led by ruthless SS Obersturmführer Bruno Helldorf and his subordinate Wolf, who are destroying settlements in their retreat and have taken dozens of captives with them. Though Bruno and the platoon initially take little interest in Aatami, they change their mind upon learning of his gold, and attempt to seize it from him. But unbeknownst to them, Aatami was a skilled fighter during the Winter War nicknamed "The Immortal", and their attempts to capture Aatami and steal his gold result in brutal clashes.

19. Likes:

SteelSD (04-06-2023)

Saw Mario movie last night. My 7 year old son, my father-in-law, and I all really enjoyed it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?