Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Agreed. But, what makes it great is the experience, not the script. The storyline and script are cheesy and predictable, but the flight scenes were incredible and nothing like we’ve ever seen. I thought the experience was great similar to a show like Cirque du Soleil or a great concert. I loved it, but it certainly wasn’t a Shawshank or Pulp Fiction type movie. Another thing to factor in is this was the first movie most of us have have seen in a theater in 3+ years. This was the perfect type of movie to get us back in the theaters while also distracting us from all of the chaos in our daily lives. It was much needed which is why it’s breaking all sorts of records.
    Agreed the flight scenes are what made the movie for me…I did think the scene between Kilmer and Cruise was touching, it comes early so I wanted a bit more substance throughout. Overall I enjoyed it.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Agreed. But, what makes it great is the experience, not the script. The storyline and script are cheesy and predictable, but the flight scenes were incredible and nothing like we’ve ever seen. I thought the experience was great similar to a show like Cirque du Soleil or a great concert. I loved it, but it certainly wasn’t a Shawshank or Pulp Fiction type movie. Another thing to factor in is this was the first movie most of us have have seen in a theater in 3+ years. This was the perfect type of movie to get us back in the theaters while also distracting us from all of the chaos in our daily lives. It was much needed which is why it’s breaking all sorts of records.
    I agree with all of this. I also think it's refreshing for a lot of people to get a popcorn movie like this that isn't the millionith superhero movie. Yes, it's a sequel, but it's not Top Gun 7 where the same people are doing the same thing that we've seen before. It's not the 20th Batman movie.

That's what I am saying - 20-25 years ago this movie wouldn't have been anything special. It would have just been another movie. I hate to be that guy, but they just dont make em like they used to anymore.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Went to see the Elvis bio pic, it’s been a long time since I wanted to leave a movie early and the last one I did was Nixon, this one I wanted to leave early. I do not recommend it at all.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I thought Top Gun was fun, but the plot was essentially Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    I thought Top Gun was fun, but the plot was essentially Star Wars.
    Wait? Iceman is really Maverick’s father?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

8. Likes:

cincinnati chili (10-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Wait? Iceman is really Maverick’s father?
    Maverick: Obi-Wan
    Ice: Qui-Gon
    Goose’s kid: Luke
    The hot shot top pilot guy: Han

The mountain target: Death Star

Random pilot: Porkins

10. Likes:

757690 (07-03-2022)

So Minions: The Rise of Gru has given rise to what I think is the finest trend ever. Teens in multiple countries are flocking to the movie wearing suits and carrying bananas. They refer to themselves as Gentleminions. There have been theaters that have banned them because some of them get rowdy - shouting back at the movie (Rocky Horror style) and having mosh pits during the action scenes. I guess that's more than some parents/theater managers can handle, though I will note today's teens were the original Minions stans. They were raised on Despicable Me movies. Get on their level.

As a former teen who was doing the wave during the killing scenes in the original Nightmare on Elm Street, I wholeheartedly approve.
    Last edited by M2; 07-06-2022 at 08:47 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I thought Nope was a really unique, interesting take on a certain genre of movie (I'm being vague because I don't want to spoil anything about the movie)

They call me "chef"

I’m going to have a lot of fun trying to experience Nope with no spoilers in a few months when it finally streams. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I’m going to have a lot of fun trying to experience Nope with no spoilers in a few months when it finally streams. Looking forward to it.
    Spoiler: A character says "Nope"

Germany's submission for the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film at the 95th Academy Awards, set to take place next March.

It will be released to streaming on Netflix on October 28, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I saw Top Gun Maverick on Friday night. Meh. It was fine. Not getting all the hype. I saw it with a friend of mine and as we were walking out we agreed that if that movie came out 20-25 years ago it would have just been another movie. I think it mostly illustrates how, overall, mediocre movies are these days.

Name:  CF2B0469-295C-415A-B6A8-3AEA3CE98FA1.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  42.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Name:  CF2B0469-295C-415A-B6A8-3AEA3CE98FA1.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  42.1 KB
    I honestly don’t know what this means haha
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I honestly don’t know what this means haha
    I could not get the link over with the photo. South Park can be a bit much with its juvenile humor but when it comes to skewed cultural references it’s great. During the Trump-Clinton election trail they were doing a whole long season on why people would ever think of voting for Trump. It was all about nostalgia for what they remember about their youth and how things always seem better before. Because you forget all the bad.

They were called Memberberries. They talked to you and said. Remember the real Star Wars. Before you knew it they were telling you remember when there weren’t so many immigrants? Remember Stormtroopers? No not those Stormtroopers. The real ones from the 30s and 40s.

It was mocking what Trump’s platform was. So when you mentioned why anyone would care about this movie. I thought of this. Since this movie is pure nostalgia for what to me was a bad movie.

It’s funnier if you watch the episodes with those things.

Turn Off Ads?