Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

I really want Top Gun to be as freaking awesome as I keep being told it is. Going tomorrow night to see.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I assume everyone is pretty excited about Bob's Burgers.

4. Likes:

marcshoe (05-27-2022),RFS62 (05-27-2022),RichRed (05-27-2022),westofyou (05-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I really want Top Gun to be as freaking awesome as I keep being told it is. Going tomorrow night to see.
    I will go at some point this week....been looking forward to this one for a while.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    It's an amazing experience. Has to be seen in IMAX.

7. Likes:

Stray (05-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    It's an amazing experience. Has to be seen in IMAX.
    We just watched it at an IMAX. The movie exceeded my expectations 10-fold. It’s absolutely incredible. I hadn’t been to a movie theater in 5 years, but I’ll definitely go back to watch that again.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

9. Likes:

RiverRat13 (05-31-2022)

The new Top Gun is a better movie than the first one (which honestly was not a good movie in the first place). Incredibly entertaining.

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (05-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The new Top Gun is a better movie than the first one (which honestly was not a good movie in the first place). Incredibly entertaining.
    Ha, I have seen the first Top Gun many times. Loved it when I was a kid. I had not seen it, other than bits and pieces on able over the years since probably 20 years ago. I turned it on about a month ago and watched it start to finish and texted my brother after and said "Still love Top Gun, really fun movie, but this is not a good movie"
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

NebraskaRed (05-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I assume everyone is pretty excited about Bob's Burgers.
    Yes, that's gonna rule.

Never saw Top Gun myself, can't stand Tom Cruise, last film I saw him in was Minority Report

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ha, I have seen the first Top Gun many times. Loved it when I was a kid. I had not seen it, other than bits and pieces on able over the years since probably 20 years ago. I turned it on about a month ago and watched it start to finish and texted my brother after and said "Still love Top Gun, really fun movie, but this is not a good movie"
    The first one isn't really much of a movie. It's a a handful of music videos strung together. Almost like how Rocky IV isn't much of an actual movie. But both are entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Never saw Top Gun myself
    I also haven't seen it. Oddly, you can never have seen Top Gun and pretty much know everything that happens in the movie. I might watch the new one when it goes to streaming.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

westofyou (05-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The first one isn't really much of a movie. It's a a handful of music videos strung together. Almost like how Rocky IV isn't much of an actual movie. But both are entertaining.
    Exactly

I said to my brother when he asked why that its very poorly edited, there is no fluidity to the story, and there really isnt much of a story at all. It is just a collection of clips. I didn't think of the music video angle, that makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I also haven't seen it. Oddly, you can never have seen Top Gun and pretty much know everything that happens in the movie. I might watch the new one when it goes to streaming.
    That Kenny Loggins track might be the cumulation of all the bad music in the eighties layered on top each other like a Phil Spector song until it's a din of cheese

20. Likes:

Betterread (07-10-2022),M2 (06-02-2022),NebraskaRed (05-31-2022)

I saw Top Gun Maverick on Friday night. Meh. It was fine. Not getting all the hype. I saw it with a friend of mine and as we were walking out we agreed that if that movie came out 20-25 years ago it would have just been another movie. I think it mostly illustrates how, overall, mediocre movies are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I saw Top Gun Maverick on Friday night. Meh. It was fine. Not getting all the hype. I saw it with a friend of mine and as we were walking out we agreed that if that movie came out 20-25 years ago it would have just been another movie. I think it mostly illustrates how, overall, mediocre movies are these days.
    It's hyped due to nostalgia...

I saw it Sunday and thought it was good popcorn movie...nothing Oscar worthy for sure. Much better than the original, which has not aged well.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    It's hyped due to nostalgia...

I saw it Sunday and thought it was good popcorn movie...nothing Oscar worthy for sure. Much better than the original, which has not aged well.
    Agreed. But, what makes it great is the experience, not the script. The storyline and script are cheesy and predictable, but the flight scenes were incredible and nothing like we’ve ever seen. I thought the experience was great similar to a show like Cirque du Soleil or a great concert. I loved it, but it certainly wasn’t a Shawshank or Pulp Fiction type movie. Another thing to factor in is this was the first movie most of us have have seen in a theater in 3+ years. This was the perfect type of movie to get us back in the theaters while also distracting us from all of the chaos in our daily lives. It was much needed which is why it’s breaking all sorts of records.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

24. Likes:

NebraskaRed (06-21-2022)

Turn Off Ads?