Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Saw Godzilla X Kong over the weekend. I hear it had an 80 million dollar opening weekend. All I can say is that's a lot of money spent on watching a gorilla and a lizard jumping sharks.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Saw Godzilla X Kong over the weekend. I hear it had an 80 million dollar opening weekend. All I can say is that's a lot of money spent on watching a gorilla and a lizard jumping sharks.
    Saw it as well Steel...

If you ask my 11 year old daughter she would say it was awesome...51 year old Dad who grew up on Godzilla and Mothra not so much...CGI is pretty soulless. Still nice to share that with her...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

4. Likes:

SteelSD (04-01-2024)

Saw the new Ghostbusters friday evening (as well as the prior one "afterlife" earlier in the week). Its got all the classic Ghostbuster cheesiness and leans into just about the perfect amount of nostalgia while moving the series forward. Lots of fun.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

I loved it. I mean, they basically did the fight scene from They Live in there.

"Jump in the swirling vortex!"

"You're crazy. I'm not jumping in your swirling vortex!"

"Jump in the swirling vortex and you'll see the truth!"

And I'm already prepared to be salty when Kong doesn't get a Best Actor nomination.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Arthur the King was really good...nice mix of 2 of my favorite things adventure racing and dogs.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Sat through Rebel Moon- Part Two (Netflix). I don't know why. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, or maybe it's because I kept thinking, "It can't be as bad as Part One, can it?" Nope. I was wrong.

If you haven't watched either part, let me summarize: It's about a bunch of equally unlikeable caricature-level "edgy heroes with a past", inexplicably coming together in a story that has almost no believable plot to fight an "against-all-odds" battle against a threat whose motivations make no sense whatsoever.

The one lesson I've learned from watching the film, above all others, is that under no circumstances may you shoot the grain. Do. Not. Shoot. The. Grain. Ever.

If the film "Ice Pirates" were twice as long, took itself ten times more seriously, and made almost infinitely less sense, you'd have the Rebel Moon experience.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

9. Likes:

M2 (Yesterday),RedTeamGo! (Yesterday)

Sat through Rebel Moon- Part Two (Netflix). I don't know why. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, or maybe it's because I kept thinking, "It can't be as bad as Part One, can it?" Nope. I was wrong.

If you haven't watched either part, let me summarize: It's about a bunch of equally unlikeable caricature-level "edgy heroes with a past", inexplicably coming together in a story that has almost no believable plot to fight an "against-all-odds" battle against a threat whose motivations make no sense whatsoever.

The one lesson I've learned from watching the film, above all others, is that under no circumstances may you shoot the grain. Do. Not. Shoot. The. Grain. Ever.

If the film "Ice Pirates" were twice as long, took itself ten times more seriously, and made almost infinitely less sense, you'd have the Rebel Moon experience.
    First off, don't you dare take the name of Ice Pirates in vain. Second, I endorse everything you said about the Rebel Moon series. It's wretched. It's ripping off The Magnificent Seven, but somehow can't figure out how to get beyond rough sketches of the characters. Like, learn how to make a movie. Anyway,, if you want to watch a space movie ripping off M7, Battle Beyond the Stars is still the gold standard.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

11. Likes:

SteelSD (Yesterday)

I watched the first one, which did indeed stink, but I figured I’d check out part 2 because one of my favorite personal mottos about movies is I would rather watch a horrible movie than a mediocre movie. Especially with Sci Fi. And I stand by that. However, I started part 2 and got about 15 minutes in and after what felt like an hour of people farming in slow motion while the cheesiest music I have ever heard was playing I just couldn’t do it, turned it off, and put The Matrix on. It had been awhile, that movie holds up better than I expected it to.

I think the funniest thing about part 1 is how they go to great lengths to show how special these warriors are and then in the climactic battle they just run around with guns.

You can tell Netflix knows they have a stinker on their hands because they aren’t pushing it, like at all. If this movie came out in the theater it would be talked about for generations as to how something so horrid was made. It would be this generations Mario Bros movie or John Carter. Instead it will just fade away into streaming obscurity.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; Yesterday at 01:00 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

SteelSD (Yesterday)

Turn Off Ads?