Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Wasn't counting on Will Smith slapping Rock on live TV. That's one way to get attention for a show fewer and fewer watch every year.
    Will Smith smacking The Rock instead of Chris Rock…now we have something.

2. Likes:

M2 (03-28-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Tonight I saw an advanced screening of Nic Cage's new movie, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, and it's a blast. The entire premise is Nic Cage is going to chew scenery. I mean, there is a plot, but it's Cage and Pedro Pascal going 120 MPH.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Tonight I saw an advanced screening of Nic Cage's new movie, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, and it's a blast. The entire premise is Nic Cage is going to chew scenery. I mean, there is a plot, but it's Cage and Pedro Pascal going 120 MPH.
    Yes Nic Cage playing and even more amped up version of himself...plus the supporting cast looks really solid. It's on my need to see list...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Everything Everywhere All at Once is pretty spectacular. I don't want to spoil any of it, but I don't think I'm letting any cats out of any bags to reveal it's surreal enough to make Salvador Dali proud.
    Last edited by M2; 04-17-2022 at 11:56 PM.

7. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-18-2022),RedTeamGo! (04-18-2022)

Watched The Batman on HBO Max tonight. It was okay, but I disagree with the reviews and praise. It was basically Batman, but darker. Not just in story, but cinematography. Story was alright, but predictable and whatever. And maybe you need a QD-OLED to appreciate the darkness of the film, but I don't have one and a lotta scenes were just varying shades of black. I thought Pattinson was solid but nothing about this take on Batman felt new, so it was just a darker version of a movie I've already seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Watched The Batman on HBO Max tonight. It was okay, but I disagree with the reviews and praise. It was basically Batman, but darker. Not just in story, but cinematography. Story was alright, but predictable and whatever. And maybe you need a QD-OLED to appreciate the darkness of the film, but I don't have one and a lotta scenes were just varying shades of black. I thought Pattinson was solid but nothing about this take on Batman felt new, so it was just a darker version of a movie I've already seen.
    I thought the movie was horrible, when I first walked out I thought it was just bad, but the more I think about it, the worse it gets. And the forced SJW stuff, can we just give it a rest already?

The worst part was the movie was at least 1 hour too long. We do not need every movie to be 3 hours long. It is terrible.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 04-21-2022 at 08:42 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (05-01-2022)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I thought the movie was horrible, when I first walked out I thought it was just bad, but the more I think about it, the worse it gets. And the forced SJW stuff, can we just give it a rest already?

The worst part was the movie was at least 1 hour too long. We do not need every movie to be 3 hours long. It is terrible.
    Watched this last night. What was the forced SJW stuff you’ve been mentioning? The Riddler’s motivation for his crimes?

I like silent mysterious detective Batman but I feel like they didn’t fully commit to this being an off-putting/dark-in-a-bold-interesting-way vibes and it got goofy and safe at times. I’m also curious who it was for? Gen X’ers? Millennials who romanticize the 90s? Gen Z who heard about Nirvana on TikTok?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Watched this last night. What was the forced SJW stuff you’ve been mentioning? The Riddler’s motivation for his crimes?

I like silent mysterious detective Batman but I feel like they didn’t fully commit to this being an off-putting/dark-in-a-bold-interesting-way vibes and it got goofy and safe at times. I’m also curious who it was for? Gen X’ers? Millennials who romanticize the 90s? Gen Z who heard about Nirvana on TikTok?
    Moreso the cat woman kept bringing up Bruce has white privilege stuff
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Saw Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on Friday night.

For Marvels first dip into horror it left a lot to be desired. Thought it was bottom five easily in terms of MCU movies. In terms of horror and gore James Gunns Suicide Squad was better and I typically don’t like DC movies.

A LOT of wasted potential involving the Illuminati as well. Especially one fan favorite casting that I won’t ruin for anyone who hasn’t seen the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Saw Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on Friday night.

For Marvels first dip into horror it left a lot to be desired. Thought it was bottom five easily in terms of MCU movies. In terms of horror and gore James Gunns Suicide Squad was better and I typically don’t like DC movies.

A LOT of wasted potential involving the Illuminati as well. Especially one fan favorite casting that I won’t ruin for anyone who hasn’t seen the movie.
    I loved that they subverted expectations there. And with the villain.

It's definitely a Raimi horror flick, and the character arcs make some sense.

Liked it overall. Entertaining.

15. Likes:

M2 (05-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Everything Everywhere All at Once is pretty spectacular. I don't want to spoil any of it, but I don't think I'm letting any cats out of any bags to reveal it's surreal enough to make Salvador Dali proud.
    I can never eat a hot dog again. Especially one with mustard on it.

That movie was made for English majors.

17. Likes:

M2 (05-31-2022)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I loved that they subverted expectations there. And with the villain.

It's definitely a Raimi horror flick, and the character arcs make some sense.

Liked it overall. Entertaining.
    I’m not watching this until it hits Disney+ since I’m still not going into theaters. Wish me luck on spoilers. I think I knew all of the Spider-Man spoilers by the time I watched it but it was still a good time.

I’m not watching this until it hits Disney+ since I’m still not going into theaters. Wish me luck on spoilers. I think I knew all of the Spider-Man spoilers by the time I watched it but it was still a good time.
    Stay away from YouTube and/or TikTok.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Stay away from YouTube and/or TikTok.
    I was on YouTube at noon on Friday and they were suggesting 6 different 40 minute breakdowns of the post credits scenes.

I was on YouTube at noon on Friday and they were suggesting 6 different 40 minute breakdowns of the post credits scenes.
    It's New Rockstars Christmas.

Turn Off Ads?