Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Sound of Metal, on the other hand, was superb.

2. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (04-12-2021),M2 (04-14-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Nomadland was fine. Nothing special.

I completely understand why it's winning so many awards. It's a movie that's basically designed to do that. But it's really just...fine.
    I couldn’t finish it. I watched like 75 minutes and it looked nice but is just so boring I couldn’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Nomadland was fine. Nothing special.

I completely understand why it's winning so many awards. It's a movie that's basically designed to do that. But it's really just...fine.
    Is it a movie? Because it seems more like a documentary from the promos.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It is. I think that a documentary about people who live like that would have been far more interesting.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The book was non-fiction, and they reportedly used some non-actor actors. That may explain why it looks like a doc. Wife liked it the book a lot. Neither one of us have seen the movie. Mother in law saw it, liked it some, but is insisting that the director's prior movie, the Rider, is the one that the world should go see. So I'll probably catch The Rider in the next couple years, Nomadland in the next five years, and then report back to the group.
    Stick to your guns.

8. Likes:

M2 (04-20-2021)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Loved “Soul”. Not what I expected.
    Enjoyed that too. One of the screenwriters also wrote the play and film, One Night in Miami. It's definitely a movie that you can tell comes from a play. But it's still quite imaginative and compelling. All four of the leads are strong. Definitely worth a free watch on Amazon Prime.
    Stick to your guns.

Happy Mortal Kombat day everyone
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

M2 (04-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Happy Mortal Kombat day everyone
    I’m nervous. Two people I trust have told me it’s borderline unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’m nervous. Two people I trust have told me it’s borderline unwatchable.
    Those people are liars, or they simply don't know how to lower their standards appropriately for a Mortal Kombat movie. Kung Lao's flawless kill alone justifies the entire movie.

Went to the theater for the first time in about 16 months and watched In The Heights. A really fun, feel-good movie.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I couldn't sleep one night so this is the only reason I watched this, but I feel pretty comfortable saying "The Ice Road" is the worst movie I've ever watched. About 20 mins in I decided to stick with it for laughs. On that front it kinda delivered? It's so so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I couldn't sleep one night so this is the only reason I watched this, but I feel pretty comfortable saying "The Ice Road" is the worst movie I've ever watched. About 20 mins in I decided to stick with it for laughs. On that front it kinda delivered? It's so so bad.
    Definitely not the best written or produced movie.....and very predictable. Still, I can always watch these type of movies and be entertained.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I hate it when it's on the Weather Channel.

edit: I just read the description, and so help me the movie's the same thing as the TWC show.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    After Liam's wife Natasha died back in 2009 he's pretty much not said no to a single script sent his way, his movies are nothing like the ones he did in the early 90's.

Similar to Nic Cage not saying no too a single script since the IRS threatened him with prison time, which was coincidentally around the same time as Liam's wife's passing.

Bruce Willis too has gone through a similar phase, not long after he split with Demi Moore his movie career went too crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    After Liam's wife Natasha died back in 2009 he's pretty much not said no to a single script sent his way, his movies are nothing like the ones he did in the early 90's.

Similar to Nic Cage not saying no too a single script since the IRS threatened him with prison time, which was coincidentally around the same time as Liam's wife's passing.

Bruce Willis too has gone through a similar phase, not long after he split with Demi Moore his movie career went too crap.
    I respect the Michael Caine school of saying yes to every payday.

Turn Off Ads?