Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I could not get the link over with the photo. South Park can be a bit much with its juvenile humor but when it comes to skewed cultural references it’s great. During the Trump-Clinton election trail they were doing a whole long season on why people would ever think of voting for Trump. It was all about nostalgia for what they remember about their youth and how things always seem better before. Because you forget all the bad.

They were called Memberberries. They talked to you and said. Remember the real Star Wars. Before you knew it they were telling you remember when there weren’t so many immigrants? Remember Stormtroopers? No not those Stormtroopers. The real ones from the 30s and 40s.

It was mocking what Trump’s platform was. So when you mentioned why anyone would care about this movie. I thought of this. Since this movie is pure nostalgia for what to me was a bad movie.

It’s funnier if you watch the episodes with those things.
    But honestly, I love 80s and 90s nostalgia and Maverick just didn’t really tickle that bone for me. I def seem like an outlier with this movie, though.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    But honestly, I love 80s and 90s nostalgia and Maverick just didn’t really tickle that bone for me. I def seem like an outlier with this movie, though.

The whole movie is a frat boy bro culture dream. Only reason I went to see it was because. Girlfriends.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I assume everyone is pretty excited about Bob's Burgers.
    Saw the movie having never seen a single episode of the show. Liked the movie. Brilliant music especially the opening number.
    Stick to your guns.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I also haven't seen it. Oddly, you can never have seen Top Gun and pretty much know everything that happens in the movie. I might watch the new one when it goes to streaming.
    One man’s opinion: save yourself the two hours of your life. You will finish the flick dumber and not entertained.
    Stick to your guns.

6. Likes:

M2 (10-02-2022)

All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix is really good. The general was a too cartoonishly written for my taste, and peace talks weren't great, but not many complaints otherwise. Not the most accurate adaptation, but on its own a very good war film. Beautifully shot too.

8. Likes:

SteelSD (10-29-2022)

I rewatched The Hangover for the first time in at least 10 years.

Didnt make me laugh as hard as it did when I was in my 20's but yeah it still made me smile overall

10. Likes:

Boston Red (12-02-2022)

I was watching the Green Mile last night with a friend and she knows that I'm a bit of a cinephile, so she asked me what movie(s) she should watch that some of the actors from the Green Mile are in. She was not much of a movie goer when she grew up.

So, I name dropped like a dozen movies that Hanks, Morse, Rockwell, Duncan and Jeter are in that I'd recommend. But, there was one film I couldn't remember the title starring Barry Pepper that I told her she should watch if she could find it. I told her that I had seen it like 20 years ago, it was a gamble pick I made from Hollywood Video at midnight one weekend just after I graduated college. I picked it because I had just seen him in We Were Soldiers and wanted to see some more of him. It was a limited release indy - shown at the Toronto International Film Festival, made no money - so I wasn't expecting much. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised with my pick.

I had to look up the name on his IMDB page, it was called Snow Walker. It came out nearly 2 decades ago and still only has 10K votes on IMDB (in contrast Green Mile has over 1.3M votes on that site). So, I then googled it to see if I could find it. Low and behold it's on youtube for free w/ ads (part of their "spotlight on small films" campaign).

I thought I'd share the link here, if anyone needs something to watch this weekend. I'd tell you what it's about, but sometimes it's nice watching a movie that you know nothing about going into it - so I won't.

If you watch it, let me know what you think.

Watched the documentary on Willie Mays that just premiered on HBO Max. It was excellent.

13. Likes:

Chip R (11-14-2022),cumberlandreds (11-13-2022)

The trailer for the fourth Indiana Jones movie just dropped. Looks great.

Listen, I know Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the 4th movie, but we're just going to forget that ever happened, okay?

My boys had me take them to Violent Night, and all I can say is......WHAT?!? WHY?!?

I do not understand why that movie exists.

I'm not a fan of Disney's Star Wars at all, but I did like Rogue One so I gave Andor a go. Top 3 show I've seen this year.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I'm not a fan of Disney's Star Wars at all, but I did like Rogue One so I gave Andor a go. Top 3 show I've seen this year.
    That's because they are both dark, just like you'd expect a rebellious war to be.

19. Likes:

M2 (12-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I obv meant this for the tv thread and accidentally posted here. But yea Andor was very good.

That's because they are both dark, just like you'd expect a rebellious war to be.
    This is it.

21. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-11-2022)

Tony Gilroy just gets it, Rogue One and Andor are both just excellent.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The Banshees of Inisherin is on HBO Max (at least for now, who knows what's going on with that service) and it is very good.

24. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-05-2023)

Turn Off Ads?