Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indians trade Lindor and Carrasco to Mets

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Indians trade Lindor and Carrasco to Mets

For Andres Gimenez, Amed Rosario, Josh Wolf, Isaiah Greene

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...879749633?s=20

I guess this means he’s not gonna be a Red after all!

2. Likes:

DocRed (01-07-2021),REDREAD (01-07-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: Indians trade Lindor and Carrasco to Mets

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Indians payroll is now half of the second lowest team in baseball.

I think Gimenez is an interesting SS, Rosario has a lot of tools and Wolf has a live arm, but that is not enough for one of the best SS in baseball.

Would Garcia, Aquino and Roa be the Reds equivalent? I would have pulled the trigger in a heartbeat.

At first glance, it seems like a lopsided deal, and one the Reds could have easily beat. The NL East is going to be loaded this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Powel Crosley View Post
    At first glance, it seems like a lopsided deal, and one the Reds could have easily beat. The NL East is going to be loaded this year.
    Posted this in the other thread:

I don’t know if this is true. Let’s not forget like 3-4 years ago Rosario was considered the 2nd best prospect in the league according to mlb.com and is an mlb ready SS. Garcia barely cracks top 100 lists and fell directly on his face offensively in 2020. He will not be ready until at least 2022. If the Indians wanted an mlb ready SS in return for Lindor frankly the Reds could not have matched this trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Indians payroll is now half of the second lowest team in baseball.

I think Gimenez is an interesting SS, Rosario has a lot of tools and Wolf has a live arm, but that is not enough for one of the best SS in baseball.

Would Garcia, Aquino and Roa be the Reds equivalent? I would have pulled the trigger in a heartbeat.
    No. It would have been something like:

Senzel
    Garcia
    Roa
    Siani
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

DocRed (01-07-2021),Griffey012 (01-07-2021),mth123 (01-08-2021),ochoa30 (01-07-2021),Old school 1983 (01-07-2021),Revering4Blue (01-07-2021)

If teams were taking on more salary this off-season, many could have matched or exceeded that group of players/prospects sent to Cleveland. Can’t evaluate the trade without considering the transfer of salary commitments.

10. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If teams were taking on more salary this off-season, many could have matched or exceeded that group of players/prospects sent to Cleveland. Can’t evaluate the trade without considering the transfer of salary commitments.
    I agree, I’m just saying people are undervaluing Rosario. If the Reds were to have topped this offer Senzel would have had to have been included. Garcia does not = Rosario.

12. Likes:

DocRed (01-07-2021),mth123 (01-08-2021),Old school 1983 (01-07-2021),Rojo Rijo (01-08-2021)

Mets going all on, I like when teams make this kind of effort & thus endeth redszone threads about Lindor.

14. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Posted this in the other thread:

I don’t know if this is true. Let’s not forget like 3-4 years ago Rosario was considered the 2nd best prospect in the league according to mlb.com and is an mlb ready SS. Garcia barely cracks top 100 lists and fell directly on his face offensively in 2020. He will not be ready until at least 2022. If the Indians wanted an mlb ready SS in return for Lindor frankly the Reds could not have matched this trade.

- - - Updated - - -

No. It would have been something like:

Senzel
    Garcia
    Roa
    Siani
    That's exactly what I was thinking too. Senzel and Rosario are comparable in terms of previous ranking, potential and age. And Gimenez is actually a considerably better trade chip than Garcia as he was a top 30 prospect by BA, has already been productive at the MLB level (1.1 WAR last year) and is younger than Garcia.

Based on that I still think the Indians would have chosen the Mets offer to be honest.
    Last edited by DocRed; 01-07-2021 at 01:45 PM.

16. Likes:

mth123 (01-08-2021),ochoa30 (01-07-2021),Old school 1983 (01-07-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-07-2021)

I agree, I’m just saying people are undervaluing Rosario. If the Reds were to have topped this offer Senzel would have had to have been included. Garcia does not = Rosario.
    Yes, agree. OTOH, if this were a “normal” market, this player return for Lindor//Carracco would seem a bit light. If the cash was flowing more freely, someone would have traded more player talent for that duo. (Even if not the Reds.)

Call me crazy but Senzel has a lot more value than Rosario (including two extra years of control). The shine is off Rosario, maybe we'll be saying the same about Senzel in a year, but not quite yet. I would say the best equivalent the Reds have to Rosario in terms of value is Da Wink.

I am willing to dial it back on Garcia and say that he and Gimenez are rough equals.

None of this matters, because the Reds are not even close to being able to take on this kind of salary and risk (if Lindor doesn't extend, the deal might look bad for NYM in a year).

This is a great trade for the Mets - they got one of the best player in baseball and are now the heavy favorites as the team who gets to keep him for the remainder of his prime. They also get a nice veteran SP on a below-market deal. And they didn't give up any truly elite talent to get them.

I'm speculating the Reds weren't even trying to acquire Lindor. He's too expensive.

20. Likes:

Kc61 (01-07-2021),mth123 (01-08-2021),REDREAD (01-07-2021),Roy Tucker (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Call me crazy but Senzel has a lot more value than Rosario (including two extra years of control). The shine is off Rosario, maybe we'll be saying the same about Senzel in a year, but not quite yet. I would say the best equivalent the Reds have to Rosario in terms of value is Da Wink.

I am willing to dial it back on Garcia and say that he and Gimenez are rough equals.

None of this matters, because the Reds are not even close to being able to take on this kind of salary and risk (if Lindor doesn't extend, the deal might look bad for NYM in a year).

This is a great trade for the Mets - they got one of the best player in baseball and are now the heavy favorites as the team who gets to keep him for the remainder of his prime. They also get a nice veteran SP on a below-market deal. And they didn't give up any truly elite talent to get them.
    No, the shine is absolutely off Senzel. He’s post-hype and has not been good whatsoever.

22. Likes:

Frank Robinson (01-07-2021)

It’d have been dumb to acquire Lindor unless the price was insanely lite. The Reds have made it a habit of trading prospects for one year rentals lately. That’s a good move when it’ll likely put you over the top for WS contention or the prospects aren’t that highly rated. Lindor doesn’t make the Reds and instant WS contender. Keep the prospects and fill SS another way.

24. Likes:

Hubba (01-07-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

No, the shine is absolutely off Senzel. He’s post-hype and has not been good whatsoever.
    If he's still lousy this year I think we can safely call him a bust.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

26. Likes:

bm1475 (01-07-2021),Frank Robinson (01-07-2021),ochoa30 (01-07-2021)

Turn Off Ads?