Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Indians trade Lindor and Carrasco to Mets

Re: Indians trade Lindor and Carrasco to Mets

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It’s one year and then 78 PA’s last year. 492 PA’s total
    I get it, but we should have seen improvement last year IMO and he regressed. The bat looks whack. Just being honest.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I get it, but we should have seen improvement last year IMO and he regressed. The bat looks whack. Just being honest.
    I think you could see improvement before he went down with COVID. He was OPS'ing over .800 when he went on the COVID list, then in the 9 games he played after coming back he only had 2 hits. For Senzel, I just don't see how you can make any sweeping conclusions after that strange pandemic filled season.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

4. Likes:

757690 (01-07-2021),CaiGuy (01-07-2021),Edd Roush (01-07-2021),ochoa30 (01-07-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-07-2021),Revering4Blue (01-07-2021),Ron Madden (01-07-2021),The Operator (01-07-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-07-2021)

That's a hell of a pickup for the Mets. My guess is taking Carrasco's contract (and he's a good pitcher at a nice price) helped lower the overall trade cost. From a baseball standpoint, the Mets just got a lot better. It's making me a little dizzy to say that, because I am not used to heaping praise on the Mets, but their fans should be all kinds of stoked about this deal.

Wonder if this will shake out the rest of the SS market. Maybe the Reds make an acquisition in the coming days.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-07-2021),REDREAD (01-07-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Amed Rosario has 1500 PAs of being a .700 OPS bat, where Senzel doesn’t even have 500 yet. Rosario may still have upside left, but I don’t think he has nearly the value Senzel does. As noted, Senzel also has a couple years at least of extra control, and he’s a couple years closer removed to being a top 5-10 prospect.

The Reds could’ve beaten this offer without too much issue if they had really wanted to.

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Amed Rosario has 1500 PAs of being a .700 OPS bat, where Senzel doesn’t even have 500 yet. Rosario may still have upside left, but I don’t think he has nearly the value Senzel does. As noted, Senzel also has a couple years at least of extra control, and he’s a couple years closer removed to being a top 5-10 prospect.

The Reds could’ve beaten this offer without too much issue if they had really wanted to.
    You’re forgetting the reds don’t have a MLB ready cost controlled SS to trade the Indians.

10. Likes:

mth123 (01-08-2021),ochoa30 (01-07-2021),Rojo Rijo (01-08-2021)

Yeah the Reds could've matched price in talent, but not the hard cold cash.

Heyman just reported the Indians offered Lindor over $200 million last year and Lindor turned it down and demanded over $300 million and wouldn’t budge. I can’t really blame Cleveland for not going that high for Lindor, honestly.

13. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-07-2021)

Would I offer a comparable or better contract for that package with a Lindor extension? Absolutely? For just 1 year of Lindor knowing he's going to chase 300M in FA? Absolutely not.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

15. Likes:

mth123 (01-08-2021),ochoa30 (01-07-2021),Rojo Rijo (01-08-2021),Ron Madden (01-07-2021)

https://twitter.com/MazzNYC/status/1...503267329?s=20

Mike Mazzeo
    @MazzNYC
    ·
    3h
    Rival executive on #Mets landing Francisco Lindor: "They stole him. Total steal. It's ridiculous. People in Cleveland should be fired for doing that trade."

17. Likes:

M2 (01-07-2021)

Let’s say the Reds could’ve done this for like, Lodolo India and Garcia. Would you not do that trade?

You basically complete the lineup and get a guy to replace Bauer in the rotation too. All you’d really have to do is pick up one of the relievers floating around in free agency (resign Bradley for cheaper or whatever) and your whole offseason is set.

Let’s say the Reds could’ve done this for like, Lodolo India and Garcia. Would you not do that trade?

You basically complete the lineup and get a guy to replace Bauer in the rotation too. All you’d really have to do is pick up one of the relievers floating around in free agency (resign Bradley for cheaper or whatever) and your whole offseason is set.
    I would, yes, but I am not high on any of those prospects while most are.

With that said, if the reds made that trade it would be for 1 season of Lindor. The Mets are going to extend Lindor. The reds would not for $300 million. The reds are already operating under the albatross that is the Votto contract.

https://twitter.com/MazzNYC/status/1...503267329?s=20
    Mike Mazzeo
    @MazzNYC
    ·
    3h
    Rival executive on #Mets landing Francisco Lindor: "They stole him. Total steal. It's ridiculous. People in Cleveland should be fired for doing that trade."
    Silly take by the "rival executive." Competent reporter would ask simple follow-up, "and your team did not offer more because . . . ."

Every team in baseball had notice and a full year to get their best offer on the table. This is as close to a pure, raw intelligence on a "market" as you ever can get.

There's an interesting discussion on ESPN.com comparing the Indians' take here to the Bosox take on Betts, rating them mostly similar.

Quote Originally Posted by backbencher View Post
    Silly take by the "rival executive." Competent reporter would ask simple follow-up, "and your team did not offer more because . . . ."

Every team in baseball had notice and a full year to get their best offer on the table. This is as close to a pure, raw intelligence on a "market" as you ever can get.

There's an interesting discussion on ESPN.com comparing the Indians' take here to the Bosox take on Betts, rating them mostly similar.
    Man idk about that last bit. The Sox got Verdugo, who is already a really good player in his own right, and Downs, who’s a better prospect than anyone the Indians just got. The Indians also had to trade Carrasco for that return too.

22. Likes:

Mitri (01-07-2021)

Rosario also seemed to take a nice step forward in 2019 (90 point OPS gain to .755) which was his second full season and age 23 season. He had gains in almost all the areas you want to see: K rate, ISO, EV, LD rate, O-Swing%.

I think a little too much weight is being placed on 2020 here, if we have the opposite small sample result and he had say an .850 OPS like he did the final month of 2020, people would probably be talking about the Indians grabbing a future All-Star and can't believe the Reds couldn't get Rosario.

I just don't see all the hoopla over the deal. I thought it was a good return for the Indians and a good deal for both teams.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

24. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-07-2021)

I agree other execs don't get to complain about steals in a market they helped depress, but that is still a steal. Got to assume the Mets extend Lindor too. They'll have the cash for it.

I feel bad for Terry Francona. He doesn't deserve this. And they'll probably punt Ramirez too.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

26. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-07-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-07-2021)

Turn Off Ads?