Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Indians trade Lindor and Carrasco to Mets

Re: Indians trade Lindor and Carrasco to Mets

Honestly the most egregious part of the deal for the Spiders is throwing in Carrasco.

We all know they would refuse to pony up for a Lindor extension (stupid in its own right), but basically just giving up one of your longest-tenured players who still has 2/3 years of reasonable control is just a smack in the face to their fans. It's not like the Mets, or any other team, wouldn't have given up this much if CC is left out of the deal.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I agree other execs don't get to complain about steals in a market they helped depress, but that is still a steal. Got to assume the Mets extend Lindor too. They'll have the cash for it.

I feel bad for Terry Francona. He doesn't deserve this. And they'll probably punt Ramirez too.
    I’d consider doing something creative like letting the Indians “salary dump” Ramirez to us and put him in LF (he’s got some MLB experience there even) and flipping Winker for something else we need

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Rosario also seemed to take a nice step forward in 2019 (90 point OPS gain to .755) which was his second full season and age 23 season. He had gains in almost all the areas you want to see: K rate, ISO, EV, LD rate, O-Swing%.

I think a little too much weight is being placed on 2020 here, if we have the opposite small sample result and he had say an .850 OPS like he did the final month of 2020, people would probably be talking about the Indians grabbing a future All-Star and can't believe the Reds couldn't get Rosario.

I just don't see all the hoopla over the deal. I thought it was a good return for the Indians and a good deal for both teams.
    I could see it borderline being a fair deal if it were just for Lindor. Carrasco too makes it bit light for me personally, on Cleveland’s end.

Stolen from Reddit (this is truly incredible):

Jose Ramirez is now the Indians highest paid player at $9.4 million this year.

Roberto Perez ($5.5 million), Austin Hedges ($3 million expected) and Nick Wittgren ($2 million) are the only others making north of $1 million.

Phil Maton is the only other arbitration eligible player currently on the roster.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Really more than anything, I’m pouring one out for Tribe Guy who was just insisting to us that the Indians never mismanage their resources and that they could definitely get Senzel, Greene, and Stephenson and more from us for Lindor. Definitely a major downgrade what they got for him right now compared to what they could’ve gotten if they hadn’t been absurd about their trade demands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Stolen from Reddit (this is truly incredible):

Jose Ramirez is now the Indians highest paid player at $9.4 million this year.

Roberto Perez ($5.5 million), Austin Hedges ($3 million expected) and Nick Wittgren ($2 million) are the only others making north of $1 million.

Phil Maton is the only other arbitration eligible player currently on the roster.
    Baseball is fine though!

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-07-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-07-2021),Tom Servo (01-07-2021),wally post (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Man idk about that last bit. The Sox got Verdugo, who is already a really good player in his own right, and Downs, who’s a better prospect than anyone the Indians just got. The Indians also had to trade Carrasco for that return too.
    Not sure I agree on the equivalence to the Betts deal, either, but I don't competent to opine about the four players given up by the Mets. That there is even a discussion reflects on the industry perspective on elite players who can command long-term guaranteed deals. Makes the Bauer free agency even more interesting.

For all the praise Cleveland’s FO gets, this is actually, what, the third trade in a row where they’ve sold their big name guys at their lowest value? Since the beginning of last year, they’ve traded Kluber, Bauer, and now Lindor and Carrasco together and they have what, Delino DeShields Jr, Franmil Reyes, and Amed Rosario to show for it?

For all the praise Cleveland’s FO gets, this is actually, what, the third trade in a row where they’ve sold their big name guys at their lowest value? Since the beginning of last year, they’ve traded Kluber, Bauer, and now Lindor and Carrasco together and they have what, Delino DeShields Jr, Franmil Reyes, and Amed Rosario to show for it?
    Yeah, I could care less about their analytics dept or whatever it is people seem to fawn over when to comes to Cleveland baseball, they are an absolute joke in my eyes.

I thinks it reveals how hard it is these days to trade a star player with just one year of control left. It’s not just the limited control, it’s the money that these guys will get in the final year. You basically are paying free agent prices, for one year, and giving up prospects.

Most teams would rather just sign a free agent.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Yeah, I could care less about their analytics dept or whatever it is people seem to fawn over when to comes to Cleveland baseball, they are an absolute joke in my eyes.
    To their credit, they've been able to churn out pitchers and rotate bodies around their Lindor-Ramirez core. I suspect the bottom falls out after this deal, and good luck getting fans to the park to see it. Got to wonder whether the answer on what will they change their name to is the Charlotte Knights.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I thinks it reveals how hard it is these days to trade a star player with just one year of control left. It’s not just the limited control, it’s the money that these guys will get in the final year. You basically are paying free agent prices, for one year, and giving up prospects.

Most teams would rather just sign a free agent.
    I guess, but in reality pretty much every team could afford Lindor and there are advantages to 1-year deals, too. And as I noted earlier, Mets are now the heavy favorite to sign Lindor, unless he absolutely hates the situation there. They get a sweet player under market-price and the inside track on extending him. When it comes to the big talents like Betts and Lindor, it's a win-win proposition. Unless you are a GM on a tanking team or already have an elite SS, you should have been making calls on Lindor.

This is depressing. Baseball is so broken.

On the bright side, think of all the money their owner will save!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-07-2021),REDREAD (01-08-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I guess, but in reality pretty much every team could afford Lindor and there are advantages to 1-year deals, too. And as I noted earlier, Mets are now the heavy favorite to sign Lindor, unless he absolutely hates the situation there. They get a sweet player under market-price and the inside track on extending him. When it comes to the big talents like Betts and Lindor, it's a win-win proposition. Unless you are a GM on a tanking team or already have an elite SS, you should have been making calls on Lindor.
    I agree some teams would rather trade for Lindor than sign a free agent. But how much should they pay in terms of prospects for that? History is telling us, not much,
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Really more than anything, I’m pouring one out for Tribe Guy who was just insisting to us that the Indians never mismanage their resources and that they could definitely get Senzel, Greene, and Stephenson and more from us for Lindor.
    lol great point

Really pathetic trade here for Cleveland, and for the sport in general. At least the Mets should be fun to watch while everyone else plays austerity ball.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    lol great point

Really pathetic trade here for Cleveland, and for the sport in general. At least the Mets should be fun to watch while everyone else plays austerity ball.
    It would kick ass to be a Mets fan right now, their new owner seems like they actually give a shred of a damn about winning. Must be pretty nice.

Turn Off Ads?