Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Benintendi on the Market

Re: Benintendi on the Market

Yeah, I really liked Benintendi when it looked like he had a chance to fall to the Reds in the 2015 draft. But at this point, I’m not sure how an acquisition makes sense unless it’s part of a bigger deal. I don’t think he’s likely to be appreciably better than Senzel at this point, and Senzel has more team control.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Bowden:

This would be a great get by the Reds IMO.

What would it take?

Siani and Lodolo enough?
    Castellanos and $5 Million for this year. If Castellanos opts out, that's the end of it. If not, the Reds may need to chip in on the final two years.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

4. Likes:

wally post (01-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Castellanos and $5 Million for this year. If Castellanos opts out, that's the end of it. If not, the Reds may need to chip in on the final two years.
    Huh?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I would trade Senzel straight up for him. Both post-hype, but Benintendi has more of a track record of success and is actually an OF.

- - - Updated - - -

Reds fans are severely overrating Senzel.
    I know you don’t like Senzel, but he would be a serious overpay for Benintendi for the reasons I listed above. Senzel doesn’t even have a full season of PAs yet, let’s pump the brakes on calling him post hype or whatever.

And far as actually being an OF goes, Senzel has put up plus numbers trending up in CF both in 2019 and 2020. Benintendi has been fairly negative every year of his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Yeah, I really liked Benintendi when it looked like he had a chance to fall to the Reds in the 2015 draft. But at this point, I’m not sure how an acquisition makes sense unless it’s part of a bigger deal. I don’t think he’s likely to be appreciably better than Senzel at this point, and Senzel has more team control.
    Senzel has a good chance of out producing him this very season

7. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-10-2021),Ron Madden (01-09-2021)

Huh?
    Simple, Castellanos and his bat to the AL and Benintendi to the Reds. Benintendi is a season from being non-tendered. He doesn't require a package of cheap players. The Reds dump an upside down contract that doesn't fit in an OF that needs a place for Winker to play and the Sox move an under-performing, over-priced player. Benintendi becomes the Reds RF. Winker in LF, Senzel in CF. Shogo is a 400 PA 4th OF. If Shogo deserves more time, Senzel becomes a supersub in the OF and the IF and backs up 6 positions with guys like Shogo and Moose moving around to make it work. Senzel would play 5 days per week in that set-up.
    Last edited by mth123; 01-09-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Simple, Castellanos and his bat to the AL and Benintendi to the Rerds. Benintendi is a season from being non-tendered. He doesn't require a package of cheap player.s The Reds dump an upside down contract that doesn't fit in an OF that needs a place for Winker to play and the Sox move an under-performing, over-priced player. Benintendi becomes the Reds RF. Winker in LF, Senzel in CF. Shogo is a 400 PA 4th OF. If Shogo deserves more time, Senzel becomes a supersub in the OF and the IF and backs up 6 positions with guys like Shogo and Moose moving around to make it work.
    It would have to be a three team trade. The report was that the BoSox wanted prospects.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

This is a salary dump. It will likely take some #10-20 prospects from whatever team gets him.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It would have to be a three team trade. The report was that the BoSox wanted prospects.
    I wouldn't give any of the Reds top 6 or 7 propsects in a deal. Adding Beneniendi wouldn't be terrible, but he seems like a copy of Shogo and unless the Reds open a spot for him by moving an OF, I don't see it. I wouldn't trade a cheap player for him. At a likely $7 Million this year, he's probably not going to add a lot of value. The value would be in restucturing a team badly in need of restructuring.

Castellanos and prospects for Benintendi and Triston Casas?

I'm not sure why the Reds would want to add another corner OF to the mix. To add, he's been struggling since the second half of 2018 and only has two years left of control.

If you're going to argue that he can play some CF, so can Akiyama. He really seemed to start putting things together in the 2nd half of 2020. His last 23 games, his line was .317/.456/.365.

Edit: Would anybody be bringing him up if he wasn't from Cincinnati?

14. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-10-2021),Ron Madden (01-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    I'm not sure why the Reds would want to add another corner OF to the mix. To add, he's been struggling since the second half of 2018 and only has two years left of control.

If you're going to argue that he can play some CF, so can Akiyama. He really seemed to start putting things together in the 2nd half of 2020. His last 23 games, his line was .317/.456/.365.

Edit: Would anybody be bringing him up if he wasn't from Cincinnati?
    You can’t really play Winker and Castellanos in the same OF at the same time. That lets you trade one of them, probably Winker, for something else that fits the team better.

16. Likes:

757690 (01-09-2021),mth123 (01-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    You can’t really play Winker and Castellanos in the same OF at the same time. That lets you trade one of them, probably Winker, for something else that fits the team better.
    Trading Winker and keeping Casteallanos and Adding Benintendi is what teams in a downward spiral do. Winker is one of the team's buildiong blocks. They won't get a building block back for him. If they could, I'd be for this plan, but he isn't bringing back top end cheap players. He's going to bring back somebody like Benintendi himself. Over-priced, under-perfroming and without much control left if the upside develops. This team's situation sounds so much like the Orioles of Davis and Trumbo it's not funny.

18. Likes:

Kinsm (01-09-2021),REDREAD (01-11-2021),Revering4Blue (01-10-2021)

I was thinking it'd be 3 years of control. For that I'd do one of Senzel, Greene or Lodolo, as long as there was a spot for him to play CF or RF. So it would involve moving Senzel for him or not Senzel and then dumping Castellanos somehow.

Now that I have learned it's for 2 years I'd still be interested but on different terms. Reds have a lot of OFs, but the reality is each one of them is deeply flawed. It'd be cool to bring Beni in somehow, much like with Senzel it feels like there's still some untapped potential in there.

Trading Winker and keeping Casteallanos and Adding Benintendi is what teams in a downward spiral do. Winker is one of the team's buildiong blocks. They won't get a building block back for him. If they could, I'd be for this plan, but he isn't bringing back top end cheap players. He's going to bring back somebody like Benintendi himself. Over-priced, under-perfroming and without much control left if the upside develops. This team's situation sounds so much like the Orioles of Davis and Trumbo it's not funny.
    Winker’s a good hitter, but he’s firmly a DH and may not have fully gotten over having big platoon splits. He’s not the most irreplaceable guy ever.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (01-11-2021),WrongVerb (01-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Winker’s a good hitter, but he’s firmly a DH and may not have fully gotten over having big platoon splits. He’s not the most irreplaceable guy ever.
    He's the Reds best combination of affordability and production among the position players. The rest of the team either over-priced versions of winker with less offense, cheap guys who suck and Votto and his decline seasons.

23. Likes:

Kinsm (01-09-2021),Revering4Blue (01-10-2021)

Turn Off Ads?