Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Benintendi on the Market

Re: Benintendi on the Market

I think the last time the Reds and Red Sox made a trade of significance, Cincinnati got Bronson Arroyo for Wily Mo Pena.

Dealing w the Red Sox seems to be tempting fate IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Benintendi has two more years of control.
    That’s what I said. In figuring the cost of all this, it includes $6.6 M for Adam B’s salary in 2021 and an arbitration amount to Adam B in 2022. In addition to the amounts paid to Cast’s new team to make the deal.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-10-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    That’s what I said. In figuring the cost of all this, it includes $6.6 M for Adam B’s salary in 2021 and an arbitration amount to Adam B in 2022. In addition to the amounts paid to Cast’s new team to make the deal.
    Sorry, mis read it.

I’d rather have Benintendi for two years than Cast for three, and it will be cheaper overall. I also disagree that it would be hard to trade Cast. Some teams are buying. Nationals, Dodgers both just signed players with fair value deals. Padres and Mets too.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Sorry, mis read it.

I’d rather have Benintendi for two years than Cast for three, and it will be cheaper overall. I also disagree that it would be hard to trade Cast. Some teams are buying. Nationals, Dodgers both just signed players with fair value deals. Padres and Mets too.
    Ok, fair enough, but Cast’s contract, as structured, is an impediment.

And I think that’s why, with all the rumors, we’ve heard none suggesting trade talks about Cast.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-10-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I think the last time the Reds and Red Sox made a trade of significance, Cincinnati got Bronson Arroyo for Wily Mo Pena.

Dealing w the Red Sox seems to be tempting fate IMO.
    We could re-work Benetendi's contract.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

7. Likes:

757690 (01-10-2021),Big Klu (01-10-2021),Bourgeois Zee (01-10-2021)

Before I can really marinate on these rumors, I need to know how serious The Red Sox are.

Has Joel Sherman specified whether the Sox are “working hard” to trade Benintendi? If so, how hard? Inquiring minds need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

9. Likes:

757690 (01-10-2021),Bourgeois Zee (01-10-2021),Kurt Stillwell (01-11-2021),M2 (01-10-2021),RedsFanInMS (01-11-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-10-2021),Revering4Blue (01-10-2021),Ron Madden (01-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Red Sox said they want prospects. Why would they trade for an expensive player?
    Probably wouldn't, but if not, no interest in sending cheap players, unless they are fodder, for a $7 Million or so Benintendi. I think if teh Sox want to deal Benintendi, they will need to take some money back. Probably not Castellanos, but some fringe reliever making $3 or $4 Million should be included. I don't see where Benintendi would play. He's a copy of Shogo and right now there isn't really a place for him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Probably wouldn't, but if not, no interest in sending cheap players, unless they are fodder, for a $7 Million or so Benintendi. I think if teh Sox want to deal Benintendi, they will need to take some money back. Probably not Castellanos, but some fringe reliever making $3 or $4 Million should be included. I don't see where Benintendi would play. He's a copy of Shogo and right now there isn't really a place for him.
    Benintendi has a much higher ceiling than Shogo. He put up All-Star numbers just two years ago, 4.5 fWAR. He’s mostly likely like his career numbers, but those are solid.

Shogo looked good at the end of last year, but he still ended up with a .297 SLG. When he was hitting his best, it was just at .365. I’m not sure he has the power to be as good as Benintendi.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

12. Likes:

REDREAD (01-11-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-10-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Benintendi has a much higher ceiling than Shogo. He put up All-Star numbers just two years ago, 4.5 fWAR. He’s mostly likely like his career numbers, but those are solid.

Shogo looked good at the end of last year, but he still ended up with a .297 SLG. When he was hitting his best, it was just at .365. I’m not sure he has the power to be as good as Benintendi.
    And Shogo is a gold glove candidate, while Benintendi is below average in the field. They aren’t really comparable at all.

14. Likes:

757690 (01-10-2021)

I agree with the others, I'm not paying top premium for Benintendi. I love his potential, but the highest I might go is Aquino/Siani and Santijjian or Gutierrez possibly both pitchers if they ante a decent lower prospect.

16. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Castellanos and $5 Million for this year. If Castellanos opts out, that's the end of it. If not, the Reds may need to chip in on the final two years.
    That's an idea.
    Another idea would be to send Shogo and a prospect to the Red Sox.
    The cash approximately balances out, and it opens a spot for him to actually play on the Reds.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    He’s been a negative defender his entire career. He probably shouldn’t.
    That 's probablybecausehe play left at fenway the green monstermakes almost allfenway lfseem bad.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I agree with the others, I'm not paying top premium for Benintendi. I love his potential, but the highest I might go is Aquino/Siani and Santijjian or Gutierrez possibly both pitchers if they ante a decent lower prospect.
    I'd probably be willing to deal Aquino/Vlad for Bienintendi, but, on the Reds, Benintendi is a 5th outfielder who will be making $7 Million. I would only do it if I had a deal for Castellanos that would save money to be used at SS and on pitching.
    Last edited by mth123; 01-11-2021 at 12:05 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

REDREAD (01-11-2021)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    We could re-work Benetendi's contract.
    The only one who knows how to do that is Chris Carpenter’s son.

Turn Off Ads?