Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Top 100. This time from CBS Fantasy Sports

Another Top 100. This time from CBS Fantasy Sports

Not a good list for Reds.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...ic-at-the-top/

#76 - Lodolo. Says he lost velocity last year at Pasco?
    #82 - Austin Hendricks
    #88 - Jonathan India
    #89 - Jose Garcia

No Greene? No Stevenson?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Another Top 100. This time from CBS Fantasy Sports

I asked him about Greene. He says Greene is now in the "see it to believe it" category.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...ic-at-the-top/

#76 - Lodolo. Says he lost velocity last year at Pasco?
    #82 - Austin Hendricks
    #88 - Jonathan India
    #89 - Jose Garcia

No Greene? No Stevenson?
    Two very faint sliver linings:

1. Lodolo is ranked one spot ahead of Josiah Gray

2. We can now say Garcia is officially a top 100 prospect
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I asked him about Greene. He says Greene is now in the "see it to believe it" category.
    People have been calling me dumb for saying this for 2 years now.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    People have been calling me dumb for saying this for 2 years now.
    If other prospects who've had TJ surgery are ranked highly, then the take that Greene has to "prove it" is indeed dumb.

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-12-2021),HammerTime (01-19-2021),ochoa30 (01-12-2021),Old school 1983 (01-12-2021),paulrichjr (01-13-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-12-2021)

The list is fine, in that for Reds are on the top 100 list, a fifth (Tyler Stephenson) absolutely should be, and a sixth is almost assuredly their best prospect.

As this year goes on (knock on wood), we'll see how well the Reds developed their prospects. The ranking, at this point, is truly a shot in the dark. Literally no one has any clue.

As evidenced by the major league club, I suspect they did well with pitchers.

As evidenced by the major league club, I'm a bit worried about their hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If other prospects who've had TJ surgery are ranked highly, then the take that Greene has to "prove it" is indeed dumb.
    I don’t know who you are referring to but Greene has a total of like 70 innings pitched as a professional. He is absolutely a “prove it” prospect at this point.

10. Likes:

mth123 (01-13-2021)

I don’t know who you are referring to but Greene has a total of like 70 innings pitched as a professional. He is absolutely a “prove it” prospect at this point.
    If other prospective pitchers are given a pass for Tommy John surgery, it makes no sense to dock Hunter Greene because he has to come back from Tommy John surgery.

And he's pitched more innings than that-- he can't help that last season's innings total didn't officially count.

12. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-12-2021)

I forgot about Gore with the Padres. They are scary.

And he's pitched more innings than that-- he can't help that last season's innings total didn't officially count.
    This is the part of the “see it to believe it” that hurts Scott White’s credibility. Greene pitched last year for all to see. If White had done any research, he would have talked to some one who saw Greene and known where he is as a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    This is the part of the “see it to believe it” that hurts Scott White’s credibility. Greene pitched last year for all to see. If White had done any research, he would have talked to some one who saw Greene and known where he is as a prospect.
    He literally did not pitch for all to see. You specifically said he had to speak to someone who saw him...

He literally did not pitch for all to see. You specifically said he had to speak to someone who saw him...
    You are correct. So we are excused for not knowing. But White has no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You are correct. So we are excused for not knowing. But White has no excuse.
    So far, every prospect “expert” has said in relation to Greene something along the lines of “need to see it to believe it” and they are just all wrong and have no cred? At a certain point if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it’s a duck.

Regardless, it's pretty dishonest to claim Greene's only pitched "like 70 innings" professionally.

Last year, Greene showed he was healthy and clearly had his stuff back. Sure, the sample size was miniscule, but that's all we had.

That's typically enough to rank pitchers in the top 100 instead of the "see it to believe it" camp.

(If White got some bad information on Greene from scouts, that's a totally different item.)

Regardless, if White didn't ask about Greene, it's a sign of a lazy writer. If no information was given by scouts, it's the mark of an incomplete article.

I suspect the former.

- - - Updated - - -

So far, every prospect “expert” has said in relation to Greene something along the lines of “need to see it to believe it” and they are just all wrong and have no cred? At a certain point if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it’s a duck.
    Who are all these experts?

Eric Longenhagen said the following about Greene, after discussing his new lower arm slot:

The layoff and change in mechanics add degrees of variance (and probably added relief risk) to a profile that already included a lot of it, but I ultimately have faith in Greene’s combination of elite ability and seemingly strong desire to be really good, so I continue to project that he will be.
    That certainly doesn't sound like he'll have to been seen to be believed. He earned, fwiw, a 50 grade, signifying a solid top 100 prospect.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 01-12-2021 at 02:28 PM.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (01-13-2021)

Regardless, it's pretty dishonest to claim Greene's only pitched "like 70 innings" professionally.

Last year, Greene showed he was healthy and clearly had his stuff back. Sure, the sample size was miniscule, but that's all we had.

That's typically enough to rank pitchers in the top 100 instead of the "see it to believe it" camp.

(If White got some bad information on Greene from scouts, that's a totally different item.)

Regardless, if White didn't ask about Greene, it's a sign of a lazy writer. If no information was given by scouts, it's the mark of an incomplete article.

I suspect the former.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are all these experts?

Eric Longenhagen said the following about Greene, after discussing his new lower arm slot:

That certainly doesn't sound like he'll have to been seen to be believed. He earned, fwiw, a 50 grade, signifying a solid top 100 prospect.
    And Greene was ranked in the top 100 in this list. BA said something very similar about Greene.

Turn Off Ads?