Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball is about done!

Re: Baseball is about done!

My biggest gripe is a sport that has trouble hooking fans is doing everything they can to kill the closest connection to the youth (minor league baseball). That makes great long term sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Likes:

bm1475 (01-17-2021),marcshoe (01-15-2021),plantmanky (01-29-2021),REDREAD (01-16-2021),Revering4Blue (01-16-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    I don't know, maybe the OP is just coming here to discuss with fellow Reds fans and it's in a slightly different way than the way you would approach it.
    Ha, I knew someone would take offense my comment...I made sure to word it carefully.

Nowhere did I say that he/she couldn't share his thoughts, nor did I try to censure him/her, I just shared my counterpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    There's an old joke: Two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."
    it's easy to see how that joke never became popular.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Baseball is basically the only game in town come July. American's like beer. That's my well thought out counter point.

There's got to be a couple dozen books about this.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Baseball is basically the only game in town come July. American's like beer. That's my well thought out counter point.
    Not anymore,the NBA and NHL moving their seasons back will be a permanent thing, they will start bumping right into Football, baseball has work to do.
    Go Gators!

9. Likes:

Crumbley (01-17-2021)

Baseball's needs to focus on the younger generation. Little leagues, rec leagues, legion baseball is becoming smaller and smaller. Kids play their favorite sport year round, and play video games in their spare time. The game of baseball is boring to many of them. Don't get me wrong, the high level travel baseball is great. The talent level is as high at it has ever been. However they are missing the kids that just play for enjoyment and may not have the talent to play higher level baseball. Many of those kids quit playing very early and never become fans that the game desperately needs to grow.

11. Likes:

bm1475 (01-17-2021),RedlegJake (01-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Not anymore,the NBA and NHL moving their seasons back will be a permanent thing, they will start bumping right into Football, baseball has work to do.
    My guess is the NHL moves theirs back up when they get the chance. Summertime hockey is not going to work.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    My guess is the NHL moves theirs back up when they get the chance. Summertime hockey is not going to work.
    Not at all. NHL is winter, anyone who has lived in the icy cold knows this, it’s a winter game

Plus rinks need good ice and warm weather can’t help enhance that part of the game

14. Likes:

M2 (01-18-2021)

The one thing I think is funnier is when people get on baseball about not all the teams having a fair chance but then they'll praise the NBA where you can narrow down the team that's going to win the championship for about four teams before they even start training camp
    Crazy Reds Fan

Turn Off Ads?