Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Yankees interested in trading for Castillo.

Re: Rumor: Yankees interested in trading for Castillo.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This “rumor” was literally started by a Yankees fan podcaster who has 1,800 followers on Twitter and is not verified. You’re looking for things to complain about.
    Actually, Bowden said on MLB radio that the Reds and Yankees are talking about a Castillo trade. That doesn't make it 100% accurate, but a little more credible than a random podcaster.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Actually, Bowden said on MLB radio that the Reds and Yankees are talking about a Castillo trade. That doesn't make it 100% accurate, but a little more credible than a random podcaster.
    False. He said they did earlier in the offseason. This new “rumor” was started by some rando on Twitter about which players and whatnot.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-17-2021),Ron Madden (01-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    False. He said they did earlier in the offseason. This new “rumor” was started by some rando on Twitter about which players and whatnot.
    Well, the fact that Bowden said they talked about it means it's more credible (At least to me) than a random podcaster. Sure, maybe they talked 4, 6, or 8 weeks ago.. That doesn't mean the trade talks are dead. It also doesn't mean it's going to happen either.
    So, since you are such a stickler for accuracy I wanted to point out you were wrong, when you said this:

This “rumor” was literally started by a Yankees fan podcaster who has 1,800 followers on Twitter and is not verified.
    You and Ron need to calm down, no one on this board, including KC wants to see the Reds get fleeced in a trade. If you guys don't like rumors, why are you participating in this thread?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

We pay attention to credible rumors.
    We're in this thread because we don't believe this rumor to be credible.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 01-17-2021 at 06:07 PM.

If you guys don't like rumors, why are you participating in this thread?
    I suspect it's the constant doom and gloom surety that KC uses when he speaks that drives other posters nutty.

He's convinced the Reds are going to trade Castillo. (Or at least they've had serious discussions on flaying payroll to the bone.)

He was convinced they were minutes from dealing Sonny Gray a month and a half ago.

Then he was convinced that it was only a matter of time that they were dealing Suarez a couple of weeks ago.

At some point, we have to recognize these rumors for the clickbait they are.

The first two obviously were nothing more than hot air. This one is even more specious, in that the only thing it corroborates is that the Yankees asked about Luis Castillo weeks ago.

8. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-17-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-17-2021),Ron Madden (01-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I suspect it's the constant doom and gloom surety that KC uses when he speaks that drives other posters nutty.

He's convinced the Reds are going to trade Castillo. (Or at least they've had serious discussions on flaying payroll to the bone.)

He was convinced they were minutes from dealing Sonny Gray a month and a half ago.

Then he was convinced that it was only a matter of time that they were dealing Suarez a couple of weeks ago.

At some point, we have to recognize these rumors for the clickbait they are.

This is an exaggeration of my positions.

I’ve said the following - Reds are probably looking for another cost cutting trade; not a pure salary dump; would be for value; and if they can’t find one they probably won’t spend much on a shortstop and more pitching.

i never predicted that any particular candidate was going to be traded.

I’ve been met with much pushback from posters who won’t accept this. It’s ok, but lately these comments are becoming personal. I hope this will stop because it discourages discussion and debate.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-17-2021 at 06:25 PM.

10. Likes:

mth123 (01-17-2021),REDREAD (01-18-2021)

Well, the fact that Bowden said they talked about it means it's more credible (At least to me) than a random podcaster. Sure, maybe they talked 4, 6, or 8 weeks ago.. That doesn't mean the trade talks are dead. It also doesn't mean it's going to happen either.
    So, since you are such a stickler for accuracy I wanted to point out you were wrong, when you said this:

You and Ron need to calm down, no one on this board, including KC wants to see the Reds get fleeced in a trade. If you guys don't like rumors, why are you participating in this thread?
    It means the Yankees called the Reds and asked.

I have no idea why everyone is all freaked out about this. It’s so strange to me.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-17-2021)

I’m perfectly calm, I’m just pointing out the absurdity of this “rumor”

14. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    This is an exaggeration of my positions.

I’ve said the following - Reds are probably looking for another cost cutting trade; not a pure salary dump; would be for value; and if they can’t find it they probably won’t spend much on a shortstop.

i never said any particular trade was likely or unlikely.

I’ve been met with much pushback from posters who won’t accept this. It’s ok, but lately it’s been personal.
    I assure you KC there is nothing personal from my end.

When I disagree with one of your post it's only because you state your opinions as if they are facts, if anyone disagrees with your opinions You Take It Personal and talk down to them. If anyone makes things personal it's you. Now let's move on and act like we've got a little bit of sense.

16. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (01-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I assure you KC there is nothing personal from my end.

When I disagree with one of your post it's only because you state your opinions as if they are facts, if anyone disagrees with your opinions You Take It Personal and talk down to them. If anyone makes things personal it's you. Now let's move on and act like we've got a little bit of sense.
    Maybe I state some opinions strongly, but I am quite careful not to personalize. Your comments today were personal. They addressed me and not the substance.

I’m happy to move on, but it takes two to tango.

We all laugh - as we should.

But we know the Reds’ FO will send Castillo to the Yanks for pennies on the dollar.
    "Do we need to have 280 brands of breakfast cereal? No, probably not. But we have them for a reason - because some people like them. It's the same with baseball statistics." ~ Bill James

Moose had a -3 DRS last year in about 20% of the innings a full tine infielder will play over a 162 gane season. Over a full year, that projects to -15. That's a stat that back me up.

He's 32 and what range he does have will contnue to decline over the next three years while he's locked into a contract. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to move him.
    Last edited by mth123; 01-17-2021 at 07:31 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Because they can't play the positions where they are currently the starters and 3B (Moose) and DH (Castellanos) are already taken by better players.

Unload their money and sign players for those positions who can actually play there.
    As others pointed out, Moustakas isn't that bad of a defender, especially given the reality of the shift.

With that said, they weren't great defenders a year ago and the Reds signed them to man those positions. Attaching their contracts to elite assets (Castillo, Suarez, Gray) or selling low makes no sense to me, especially given that your argument seems to be that the front office can better utilize the funds. They're the ones that signed these guys in the first place.

All you're doing is willingly taking lesser prospects to save money, which may be used even less efficiently (if used at all).

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CRDB40 View Post
    We all laugh - as we should.

But we know the Reds’ FO will send Castillo to the Yanks for pennies on the dollar.
    I’ll bet you $100 right now they will not.

23. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-17-2021)

I remember when the Reds were trading Sonny Gray.

It's almost like nothing's going on and the baseball media is chasing phantoms.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

25. Likes:

757690 (01-17-2021),ochoa30 (01-17-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-17-2021),Ron Madden (01-17-2021)

Turn Off Ads?